Page 400 of 662 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404410450500 ... LastLast
Results 5,986 to 6,000 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

no it's a moon in the zanj region which is on the edge of the 616 galaxy.
    I thought so. It was on the Moon. But I got it now in a Different Galaxy.

all of ice dispenser fight scenes from dark Phoenix including her new powers. enjoy

The Ice Dispense is creative, but embarrassing. Her Wind Burst Was Cool. Her Lightning is ok, but it sounds like I don’t know how to explain it like rope flicking everywhere. The Space feat was also very creative.

The Best Scene IMO our of the whole movie is Storms Train Fight......
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-30-2019 at 08:13 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Who decided flapping two aluminum boards would be a great sound effect for lightning? When she called out to the heavens in the train fight, God said not today child and gave her those Wet Seal's discount bin lightning bolts instead. They ain't frying no one but her resting grunt face. But then again, her grunts were louder than her taser bolts so.

lolol... I still amazed that all her contributions to this film can be summed up in a 2 minute video. it's pretty sad. and yes the computerized effects look dated as well. ut was just all a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    A perfect example for why I'm cautionary about spending my money on something with Storm in it.
    agreed. especially if fox is associated with it. however, I did enjoy the gifted which I think fox produced this.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I thought so. It was on the Moon. But I got it now in a Different Galaxy.

The Ice Dispense is creative, but embarrassing. Her Wind Burst Was Cool. Her Lightning is ok, but it sounds like I don’t know how to explain it like rope flicking everywhere. The Space feat was also very creative.

The Best Scene IMO our of the whole movie is Storms Train Fight......
    that's not correct. the galaxy in the zanj reason is in the same galaxy of earth prime (616). Its located at the far edges of the 616 galaxy.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

that's not correct. the galaxy in the zanj reason is in the same galaxy of earth prime (616). Its located at the far edges of the 616 galaxy.
    Got it now...

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Got it now...

you know I just had a theory of why the gods disappeared. the wakandans in the zamj region contained s larger number of worshippers who prayed to them and the gods were automatically called to them. what do you and others who wsnt to speculate think of this rationale?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    No, you're trying to conflate my issue with the editorial choice to isolate Storm with your latter statement, the alleged claim that she 'neglected mutant issues to go on trips around the world' - a line you keep repeating - and attributing it to me. You can stop doing that, because only one of us has said that and I'm not going to. So, moving right along:

I said I think Storm's first focus as a character has always been and will always been mutantkind, and that in this moment in time that would certainly seem to include the Krakoan nation and its aggressive new agenda. I also think her support of it is in character. If you don't that's fine, but that's your issue, not mine.

Nope. Emma's on teams going forward while doing all that stuff. So Storm can do the same thing too.

As for the rest, you are trying to get me to argue against an untrue supposition: That Storm is anti-Krakoa. As stated above and shown in recent issues of House of X, she very clearly is not anti-Krakoa. Again, if you take issue with that characterization, write Hickman, not me. As it stands now, we have nothing to argue about on that topic because the issue does not exist.
    Powerpax you made that point that she was dropped FROM THE TEAM due to an editorial push. I implied that the same exact thing happened to Emma once. She WAS DROPPED FROM THE TEAM DUE TO AN EDITORIAL PUSH. On the same token, editorial still found a way to keep her relevant to mutant issues even though she was NOT an X-Men member at the time. If I'm guilty of conflating anything it's your point about Storm holding viewing mutant and X-Men issues as one and the same. All mutants aren't X-Men. All mutants do NOT view Krakoa in the same light. We know definitely Namor doesn't.

You say the Storm you're familiar with would undoubtedly be all for Krakoa the mutant nation even after we know the readers know that Magneto has been threatening human ambassadors. "You have new gods" but when has that ever been Storm? Not only has she NOT referred to herself as the one true Hadari Yao of legend to the power of a goddess, but she scolded T'Challa in his comic under Priest about potentially becoming just like Magneto. How does that Storm compute with this talking head of a motivational speaker that's on the knew Krakoa? As it stands I don't feel we've been given enough information to say that Storm is totally down with this new mission. Nothing about it seems genuine to Storm.

Even during the outback era when she was at her most deadly we still know that she was pro-human/mutant relations. I never said she needs to leave the team. And I never said you said she needs to leave the team. I said the X-books can certainly find a way to make sense of her time away from a mutant team setting to show that she's still an advocate for mutant issues. That's clearly what was done with Emma. I don't care that YOU want to stress the idea that she's on a team now. That's not at all the point I was making. You assumed it was.

You believe the Storm that's pro-mutant issues to the point where nothing else matters to her is the real Storm, I disagree. I feel that the Storm that comes to life in this new social media age would bot have the luxury of focusing solely on mutant issues without focusing on her intersectionality. There would be no way for her to look at the state of the X-Men and the clear lack of diversity and NOT lift her voice to focus on black mutants specifically. Who else on the council of 12 would realistically have the best interests of African mutants at heart when not a single one of them can spark up a real conversation about the utter lack of prominent black Male mutants. In a world where we have to push to turn Magneto black for more diversity, you honestly think Storm as a self aware black woman wouldn't notice? That's fine I'd that's the Storm you're familiar with, but to me it brings false. I just cannot get behind a Storm that regurgitates everything Xavier and Magneto spit out. I know some people champion that Storm, but not me. And it's sad that she can't have her own voice for issues that effect mutants like that look like her. We know for a fact that there are double standards for black mutants. Bishop would be more prominent and Storm wouldn't need a mandate to lead a team and she certainly wouldn't be taking a back seat to white mutants that are only advocates for the white mutant majority. It doesn't make sense for Storm.

The X-Men writers aren't bold enough to actually take her in that direction. You prove why it's so safe of an option. Your idea of Storm is mutant first with no sense of the nuance her particular brand of intersectionality or how it would inform her personsal message of mutant and proud. You hold Krakoa as some parallel to Israel. Ilhan Omar is very critical of Isreal and the human rights violations. That does not mean she's antisemitic. Everything you've said in this thread in regards to the points I've made illustrates that YOUR version of Storm is beholden to Krakoa (Isreal) even though they've already had documented proof that one of the leaders of the new movement Magneto, isnt above threatening and intimidating humans to achieve his ends. The current writers need to show why she's ok with following the Magneto of Krakoa when she's seen calling his particular behavior out and condemning T'Challa for the same exact reasons. You can have your Storm that doesn't question, but just follow orders. She's not Cyclops. She doesn't do things because they need doing without understanding why it needs to be done. If Ororo isnt voicing concerns for the mutants that don't have a voice at the council, what purpose does she serve other than a mouthpiece to calm the community and stir the black mutant voter base into action on election day?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Professor X has been updating every mutant Cerebro can track weekly. So at most you'll be missing a weeks worth of memories from the time you come back. It seems like he updated the teams before they left because Cyclops asked if they succeeded.
    I still can't believe they're going down this path and that every mutant is okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Powerpax you made that point that she was dropped FROM THE TEAM due to an editorial push. I implied that the same exact thing happened to Emma once. She WAS DROPPED FROM THE TEAM DUE TO AN EDITORIAL PUSH. On the same token, editorial still found a way to keep her relevant to mutant issues even though she was NOT an X-Men member at the time. If I'm guilty of conflating anything it's your point about Storm holding viewing mutant and X-Men issues as one and the same. All mutants aren't X-Men. All mutants do NOT view Krakoa in the same light. We know definitely Namor doesn't.

You say the Storm you're familiar with would undoubtedly be all for Krakoa the mutant nation even after we know the readers know that Magneto has been threatening human ambassadors. "You have new gods" but when has that ever been Storm? Not only has she NOT referred to herself as the one true Hadari Yao of legend to the power of a goddess, but she scolded T'Challa in his comic under Priest about potentially becoming just like Magneto. How does that Storm compute with this talking head of a motivational speaker that's on the knew Krakoa? As it stands I don't feel we've been given enough information to say that Storm is totally down with this new mission. Nothing about it seems genuine to Storm.

Even during the outback era when she was at her most deadly we still know that she was pro-human/mutant relations. I never said she needs to leave the team. And I never said you said she needs to leave the team. I said the X-books can certainly find a way to make sense of her time away from a mutant team setting to show that she's still an advocate for mutant issues. That's clearly what was done with Emma. I don't care that YOU want to stress the idea that she's on a team now. That's not at all the point I was making. You assumed it was.

You believe the Storm that's pro-mutant issues to the point where nothing else matters to her is the real Storm, I disagree. I feel that the Storm that comes to life in this new social media age would bot have the luxury of focusing solely on mutant issues without focusing on her intersectionality. There would be no way for her to look at the state of the X-Men and the clear lack of diversity and NOT lift her voice to focus on black mutants specifically. Who else on the council of 12 would realistically have the best interests of African mutants at heart when not a single one of them can spark up a real conversation about the utter lack of prominent black Male mutants. In a world where we have to push to turn Magneto black for more diversity, you honestly think Storm as a self aware black woman wouldn't notice? That's fine I'd that's the Storm you're familiar with, but to me it brings false. I just cannot get behind a Storm that regurgitates everything Xavier and Magneto spit out. I know some people champion that Storm, but not me. And it's sad that she can't have her own voice for issues that effect mutants like that look like her. We know for a fact that there are double standards for black mutants. Bishop would be more prominent and Storm wouldn't need a mandate to lead a team and she certainly wouldn't be taking a back seat to white mutants that are only advocates for the white mutant majority. It doesn't make sense for Storm.

The X-Men writers aren't bold enough to actually take her in that direction. You prove why it's so safe of an option. Your idea of Storm is mutant first with no sense of the nuance her particular brand of intersectionality or how it would inform her personsal message of mutant and proud. You hold Krakoa as some parallel to Israel. Ilhan Omar is very critical of Isreal and the human rights violations. That does not mean she's antisemitic. Everything you've said in this thread in regards to the points I've made illustrates that YOUR version of Storm is beholden to Krakoa (Isreal) even though they've already had documented proof that one of the leaders of the new movement Magneto, isnt above threatening and intimidating humans to achieve his ends. The current writers need to show why she's ok with following the Magneto of Krakoa when she's seen calling his particular behavior out and condemning T'Challa for the same exact reasons. You can have your Storm that doesn't question, but just follow orders. She's not Cyclops. She doesn't do things because they need doing without understanding why it needs to be done. If Ororo isnt voicing concerns for the mutants that don't have a voice at the council, what purpose does she serve other than a mouthpiece to calm the community and stir the black mutant voter base into action on election day?
    Real talk here.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

You are a hero. You may be killed in combat/on a mission But...There is a chance you could be brought back with all your memories, in a new body...
    Why would you not be okies with it?
    Especially if you trust the person(s) doing the "bringing back".
    Besides...even with the resurrection caveat...it's not as though you go out to fight villains and save the world with the intention of sacrificing your life. You would still try NOT to die.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Powerpax you made that point that she was dropped FROM THE TEAM due to an editorial push. I implied that the same exact thing happened to Emma once. She WAS DROPPED FROM THE TEAM DUE TO AN EDITORIAL PUSH.
    Not the same thing. Emma was turned into a straight-up mentally unstable villain/antihero for a couple years. Is that to be emulated? Would we like Ororo to spend a few years attempting to brainwash the teenage version of her ex into loving her a la Frost? I vote no. Different approaches are applicable for different characters. (And that's not to say what was done to Emma was good, because it wasn't, but it would never even be considered to handle Ororo like that, as a villain)

All mutants aren't X-Men. All mutants do NOT view Krakoa in the same light. We know definitely Namor doesn't.
    Ororo is not Namor.

[deleting all the debate about whether Ororo is in character supporting Krakoa which is two different opinions and while an interesting topic, not relevant to this discussion]

Even during the outback era when she was at her most deadly we still know that she was pro-human/mutant relations. I never said she needs to leave the team. And I never said you said she needs to leave the team. I said the X-books can certainly find a way to make sense of her time away from a mutant team setting to show that she's still an advocate for mutant issues.
    Okay - but if we both agree she doesn't need to leave a mutant team, why are we arguing the idea that she could be off a mutant team? For what purpose?

You hold Krakoa as some parallel to Israel.
    LOL I have no grand love for Israel so I definitely don't, no.

The X-Men writers aren't bold enough to actually take her in that direction. You prove why it's so safe of an option. Your idea of Storm is mutant first with no sense of the nuance her particular brand of intersectionality or how it would inform her personsal message of mutant and proud.
    There you go again, trying to attribute. I absolutely never said that and don't believe that, so no, you can take it for a spin if you want to but as it pertains to me it's incorrect. I think she can have both her current Krakoan focus and an intersectional perspective. I don't have to engage with a false choice of 'Storm anti-Krakoa' or 'Storm not on the X-Men' to see and believe in 'Storm the intersectional mutant.' If you see it that way that's fine, but I don't.

Speaking of Storm/Krakoa, though, let's circle back above:

No? You seemed to be pretty down with it in posts two weeks ago when she last appeared. You said you "loved the voice captured for Storm" in HoX #5. What changed?

In fact, this confused me because I remember your posts, so I went back and looked just now and I have more:

It's already been mentioned, but Storm felt like a woman with purpose here. She felt like a woman that inspires devotion. She felt like someone that cherishes her mutant pride. [...] Lolol it is Storm responsibility and her desire to love her family of mutants. I loved that sense of community.
    I'm confused! Am I missing some nuance here, because you sound a lot like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    You are a hero. You may be killed in combat/on a mission But...There is a chance you could be brought back with all your memories, in a new body...
    Besides...even with the resurrection caveat...it's not as though you go out to fight villains and save the world with the intention of sacrificing your life. You would still try NOT to die.
    I think the whole point of the resurrection thing is knowing that you are going to face villains. If you died of old age why wait to get old? Get your new younger body now.

If you're going to be resurrected then you wouldn't care if you died. What's the point of being scared if you know you're coming back.

You'd just go kamikaze in a fight and wake up happy.

Having Storm be the announcer of returned mutants for me offers enough validity. Storm is connected to life and and sense the life inside of others, i guess people can still make the argument that they are clones but either way they are the sum of who they are and that makes it original enough for me. If she can sense the life in plants, a brood embryo within her, Jean reaching out inside phoenix and many other things in canon that has to do with natural things and the soul im sure she knows if this is her family.

That's another thing knowing that there are millions of mutants waiting for the chance to live again, or who deserve the chance to live at all, no mutant on Karoka is just want to go out there all willy nilly and get themselves killed only to once again delay the process for other mutants because it does take time which Hickman spelled out. And no shade intended but if i'm an anole, i'm not going to get myself killed easily not knowing if i would be considered a priority or put at the back of the resurrection line. It also forces writers to stop relying on killing the mutant of the week which unfortunately is all the x-offices were doing. Heck even other books, "If you need someone to kill we got some mutants to spare."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

you know I just had a theory of why the gods disappeared. the wakandans in the zamj region contained s larger number of worshippers who prayed to them and the gods were automatically called to them. what do you and others who wsnt to speculate think of this rationale?
    That's possible and more likely that's actually what happened.

But my question why hasn't any of the OTHER Orisha spoken up yet. It seems Bast is the only one bustin moves. But there's silence with the Others. PERSONALLY, I THINK the Orisha will come to blows with the Hadari Yao. Because to them(IMO) it seems like Storm stole their worshipers.......they may not like that or a New God(Hadari Yao) going around taking Worshipers.

But who knows. This story is very long, and it doesn't help that it comes out what Once a month??

This, I get that people don't like the fact that the ressurceted aren't possibly 100% themselves again, but the alternative is that they're... dead. I don't know why anyone would say no to being in a "different" body to get another chance just because they're only maybe 98% of their old self. It's not like it's a ritual eveyone goes through, it's a necessary last resort to keep the mutants alive.

That's possible and more likely that's actually what happened.

But my question why hasn't any of the OTHER Orisha spoken up yet. It seems Bast is the only one bustin moves. But there's silence with the Others. PERSONALLY, I THINK the Orisha will come to blows with the Hadari Yao. Because to them(IMO) it seems like Storm stole their worshipers.......they may not like that or a New God(Hadari Yao) going around taking Worshipers.

But who knows. This story is very long, and it doesn't help that it comes out what Once a month??
    I think we haven't seen it because it might connect to where Storm got her god hood. Would be nice if they gave Coates a mini or a maxi to expound on that. He had tchalla go out of his way to specifically mention that Storm by blood has god hood. So where exactly in her line does it come from. Could it be the orisha? Is it really Gaia. Being blessed by the goos is different than divinity by blood which would suggest one of her ancestors actually had a relationship with a god or goddess.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think we haven't seen it because it might connect to where Storm got her god hood. Would be nice if they gave Coates a mini or a maxi to expound on that. He had tchalla go out of his way to specifically mention that Storm by blood has god hood. So where exactly in her line does it come from. Could it be the orisha? Is it really Gaia. Being blessed by the goos is different than divinity by blood which would suggest one of her ancestors actually had a relationship with a god or goddess.
    Actually, that's correct. If Storm's Godhood is by Blood then Storm is directly related to an actual God. My money is on Oshtur the only God that seemed to take a liking to Storm's people. But then we got Gaea......so who knows. But I believe the Wakandan Gods are not going to like Storm. I'm waiting for them to speak up and say something. Because IF half or all of Wakanda is worshiping Storm the Hadari Yao more than Bast or the rest of the Orisha etc. I'm sure they will be offended and or pissed.