Page 403 of 662 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413453503 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,045 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yes, ALL of you keep talking and arguing so that we may finally pass Cyclops Appreciation thread!!!!

yea you can hang that up lol. i remember the days when her thread was the largest

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Nobody now. They're all resurrected.

As far as a how a writer will see it, give it time. It will happen in a story.

yea I think is this the way all the older mutants who were killed will make their resurgence. I'm ok with this. I like this as opposed to a complete reboot.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Really? I thought Ororo walked all over Sefako in the end.
    She did but it was only after she embraced her divinity. The only thing that was working against him was metal and tchalla acknowledged that even wouldnt be enough which is why they needed her to embrace her divinity. The spiritual/magical aspect of those abilities were the only way that Adversary would be defeated.

What? Oh hell no! Stop posting immediately!
    lolol oh no dont go... this has been the most interesting this thread has been in ages lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Is that why she kept falling asleep in Gold?
    Lmfao right!!!! it took her awhile but she definitely took her advice in that dreadful book.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yes, ALL of you keep talking and arguing so that we may finally pass Cyclops Appreciation thread!!!!

Lol, technically we already have.Before they restarted the the boards, Storm's Appreciation thread was on its 4th or 5th restart. Going by past posts we're several thousand ahead of them.

Now with that being said..."Let's do this...!!!"
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Lol, technically we already have.Before they restarted the the boards, Storm's Appreciation thread was on its 4th or 5th restart. Going by past posts we're several thousand ahead of them.

oh yea that's a great point. when you take all the combined threads closed Ms Munroe is still number 1. Thank you for putting things in the right perspective!

back to the godess talk I've seen a couple of shows looking at the aspect of divinity with power application. the one I'm think of specifically is dragon ball where goku contain to ability to fight as a divine being. it ultimately burns out his physical power because he is mortal but I do like the approach. that is a mortal can convert back and forth between tapping into godlike power. this is how I imagine it working for ororo.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-30-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lolol oh no dont go... this has been the most interesting this thread has been in ages lol..
    Gimme a minute, I'm waiting to be resurrected.

Got some frakked up memories trying to creep in. Don't need that mess.

oh yea that's a great point. when you take all the combined threads closed Ms Munroe is still number 1. Thank you for putting things in the right perspective!
    We might’ve been up there already but like 1/2 the posters have been banned.

Gimme a minute, I'm waiting to be resurrected.

Got some frakked up memories trying to creep in. Don't need that mess.
    lolol yes ignore all the negativity!!! it's a new day beloved!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    We might’ve been up there already but like 1/2 the posters have been banned.

right and boo I was one of them. although for a week. we storm fans arent always everyone's flavor.... even among other storm fans. I'm sure you read the drama that went down over on comicvine. lol

BANNED

What? Oh hell no! Stop posting immediately!
    yea you can hang that up lol. i remember the days when her thread was the largest
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

you know that's a great question. I'm not sure it does anything or goes anywhere unless she embraces the power that lies within. at this point at least it doesnt appear she wants to embrace the power associated with being the goddess of balance.

I'll have to find the scans, but Storm is still very much considered the Hadari Yao (okay, I may have butchered the spelling) in Wakanda. If I'm not mistaken, she was referred to such recently. They still view her as having returned balance. Shit, I can see the image of Ororo speaking to the Akama father of the little girl she saved back in BP #17 (2017) but I can't remember which book I saw the panel. Anyway, the idea of Ororo being worshiped along side traditional Wakanda gods and that being an issue for them, likely Bast, if at all, is definitely interesting.

Attachment 87677

Attachment 87678

Attachment 87679

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I'll have to find the scans, but Storm is still very much considered the Hadari Yao (okay, I may have butchered the spelling) in Wakanda. If I'm not mistaken, she was referred to such recently. They still view her as having returned balance. Shit, I can see the image of Ororo speaking to the Akama father of the little girl she saved back in BP #17 (2017) but I can't remember which book I saw the panel. Anyway, the idea of Ororo being worshiped along side traditional Wakanda gods and that being an issue for them, likely Bast, if at all, is definitely interesting.

Attachment 87677

Attachment 87678

Attachment 87679
    oh yes I most certainly agree that the people of wakanda or at least some still see her as the hadari yao. however, ororo is still pushing back from accepting this whatever reason:

shes talking to the same man too lol

She's pushing back because Coates already established that Wakandan gods are not gods either. They're closer to how the MCU portrays Asgardians.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    She's pushing back because Coates already established that Wakandan gods are not gods either. They're closer to how the MCU portrays Asgardians.
    as metahumans? and I dont think that's the reason. ororo has always pushed back against wanting ultimate power. she did the same during roguestorm.

as metahumans? and I dont think that's the reason. ororo has always pushed back against wanting ultimate power. she did the same during roguestorm.
    Powerful beings that are worshipped as gods. Of course we still dont know if Bast and company were mutants, sorcerers, or mutates.

If Tchalla told her what he saw in the Memory Plane, she'd know they aren't gods.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

oh yes I most certainly agree that the people of wakanda or at least some still see her as the hadari yao. however, ororo is still pushing back from accepting this whatever reason:

shes talking to the same man too lol

Yes, this is the elusive scan. Thank you. It was driving me crazy. What book and issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    I like storm but I will have to highly disagree on that. I'm already not happy about Coates forcing her into the Wakanda God Pantheon.
    Have to say I’m also not on board for Ororo singlehandedly taking on the entire Wakandan Pantheon. That’s too much even for me, and the disrespect would NOT go over well lol