Page 407 of 662 FirstFirst ... 307357397403404405406407408409410411417457507 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,105 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I understand the concept. It just doesn't work in a world were normal people can become heroes as powerful as gods too. Like I said, if the FF or Cap America had a milli4583767on plus worshipers, would they ascend to god hood as well? What about the previous Panthers, they've been revered as heroes for 10,000 years, but they're just spirits.

Without the explanation of why it works for them and nobody else, I have to assume its Wakandan magic.
    oh I get you. yea the whole concept of gods in a superpowered world wouldnt make much sense but people have a way of rationalizing the irrational especially when it comes to religion. I would imagine super heroes are viewed much like cops are. some will like them and some wouldnt but they dont go around worshipping them simply because they have the ability to protect them from harm and save them when endangered.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh I get you. yea the whole concept of gods in a superpowered world wouldnt make much sense but people have a way of rationalizing the irrational especially when it comes to religion. I would imagine super heroes are viewed much like cops are. some will like them and some wouldnt but they dont go around worshipping them simply because they have the ability to protect them from harm and save them when endangered.

But that is exactly what Bast and company did. And what Coates is doing with Storm now.

Another example would be Spectrum. We know some Wakandans see her as a goddess too. If she stays in Wakanda long enough will she ascend as well?
    Last edited by Cville; 10-01-2019 at 02:20 PM.

But that is exactly what Bast and company did. And what Coates is doing with Storm now.

Another example would be Spectrum. We know some Wakandans see her as a goddess too. If she stays in Wakanda long enough will she ascend as well?
    Bast is prayed to and she exists on a plane that regular humans cannot obtain. the prayers of the wakandans power her and from those prayers she extends her help to her people.

the wakandan people may pray to the Dora milaje for help but their prayers are not going to empower them nor will the DM be able to hear an internal prayer and from it respond to help. it's a different line of interaction. and seeing someone as a God doesnt make them one. I think coates has to explain it more but as he explained with storm the reason she was able to become a God was because it was her birthright. there was a direct link within the ancient men to the divine that allowed them to ascend to become the orishas.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-01-2019 at 02:35 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Bast is prayed to and she exists on a plane that regular humans cannot obtain. the prayers of the wakandans power her and from those prayers she extends her help to her people.

the wakandan people may pray to the Dora milaje for help but their prayers are not going to empower them nor will the DM be able to hear an internal prayer and from it respond to help. it's a different line of interaction. and seeing someone as a God doesnt make them one. I think coates has to explain it more but as he explained with storm the reason she was able to become a God was because it was her birthright. there was a direct link within the ancient men to the divine that allowed them to ascend to become the orishas.
    But Bast didn't start out that way. Which is the core of my argument.

If the Storm answer applies to Bast and others, I want it to apply to Asgaridans, Olypians, and the other pantheons too.

Mortals walking around Earth, getting worshipped, and becoming gods.

If that becomes the Marvel standard for Earth gods, then I'll go with it.
    Last edited by Cville; 10-01-2019 at 02:49 PM.

But Bast didn't start out that way. Which is the core of my argument.
    right she started off with the birthright that allowed her to ascend to that of gods.

it isnt described as such but if the wakandan gods are similar to asgardians and other gods, their divinity came from the images with the humans mind if what gods were. the same can be said on what coates was describing. these men conceptualized these heroes a great power allowing to ascend to the divine.

right she started off with the birthright that allowed her to ascend to that of gods.

it isnt described as such but if the wakandan gods are similar to asgardians and other gods, their divinity came from the images with the humans mind if what gods were. the same can be said on what coates was describing. these men conceptualized these heroes a great power allowing to ascend to the divine.
    But that is not similar? The Asgardians and Olympians come out of thin air due to mans mind and the Demiurge energies Bast was part of one of those pantheons, the Heliopolians(sp). Now she is a mortal(as far as we know) who becomes one. Putting her below where she used to be.

Kind of like the difference of being born a mutant or getting super powers later. To the outside observer both have superpowers, but there is a distant difference.
    Last edited by Cville; 10-01-2019 at 03:08 PM.

But that is not similar? The Asgardians and Olympians come out of thin air due to mans mind and the Demiurge energies Bast was part of one of those pantheons, the Heliopolians(sp). Now she is a mortal(as far as we know) who becomes one. Putting her below where she used to be.

Kind of like the difference of being born a mutant or getting super powers later. To the outside observer both have superpowers, but there is a distant difference.
    But where was Bast ever described as being a part of this class of gods? I would say it could be that these gods didnt pop up from thin air. What if those men who were of the strongest and most powerful of their respective tribes were imagined as gods and from there the energies from Demiurge created them into actual gods? Whether these men already existed or were just envisioned in their minds, they were no gods until these men thought them as such.

But where was Bast ever described as being a part of this class of gods? I would say it could be that these gods didnt pop up from thin air. What if those men who were of the strongest and most powerful of their respective tribes were imagined as gods and from there the energies from Demiurge created them into actual gods? Whether these men already existed or were just envisioned in their minds, they were no gods until these men thought them as such.
    We had this conversation before. Somebody you trusted told you they didn't start of as mortals.

Bast is third from the left. On the far left is MoonKnights god. Which is why the crossover issue during Priest run was so cool.

We had this conversation before. Somebody you trusted told you they didn't start of as mortals.

Bast is third from the left. On the far left is MoonKnights god. Which is why the crossover issue during Priest run was so cool.
    I remember the original conversation but now I'm reevaluating it. where in the scan does it state they popped out of thin air? and where in the demiurge scan is the wakandan pantheon considered? and is it explained from the scan you posted these gods were direct from the scan explained in the thor annual/book.

I remember the original conversation but now I'm reevaluating it. where in the scan does it state they popped out of thin air? and where in the demiurge scan is the wakandan pantheon considered? and is it explained from the scan you posted these gods were direct from the scan explained in the thor annual/book.
    The demiurge is a tool used to explain the existence of all real Earths pantheons. To give them an origin in the Marvel universe without insulting anyone's religion. Because once they came into existence, all of there origins became true even if they conflict with each other. There is a YouTube video that explains it better, but I cant remember which one at the moment.

The demiurge is a tool used to explain the existence of all real Earths pantheons. To give them an origin in the Marvel universe without insulting anyone's religion. Because once they came into existence, all of there origins became true even if they conflict with each other. There is a YouTube video that explains it better, but I cant remember which one at the moment.
    I will check it out once I can if I can find it. however you didnt answer any of my questions lol. in the old scan from thors annual does it reference bast and the wakandan gods or is this something that is assumed? I mean a YouTube video may try to explain certain things but as you know what really matters is what canon says. so does black panther outside of coates attempt to explain to origins of the wakandan gods?

All gods originated in Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    All gods originated in Tennessee.

ha!!! what you know about Tenn, especially Nashville lol..

are you a pretender??

I will check it out once I can if I can find it. however you didnt answer any of my questions lol. in the old scan from thors annual does it reference bast and the wakandan gods or is this something that is assumed? I mean a YouTube video may try to explain certain things but as you know what really matters is what canon says. so does black panther outside of coates attempt to explain to origins of the wakandan gods?
    I don't know of any scans, but I found their Wiki page. Lines up with the Demigure story pretty well.

The Heliopolitans were worshipped as deities by the inhabitants of the Nile River Valley from as early as 10,000 BC. According to Heliopolitan legend, the first of these were Gaea (as Neith), the Demiurge (as Nun), and Set. Neith and Nun sired Atum, the first of the Ogdoad — the old gods. As Neith went about creating mortal life, Set desired to destroy her creations. In turn, Neith called Atum for protection. Atum and Set fought for eons until Atum transformed into the Demogorge and drove Set off. After Set's defeat, Atum begot the Ennaed — the new gods, took the name Ra and settled in the sun.[8]

The Ennead resided in the ancient city of Heliopolis until their king Osiris placed mortal pharaohs in charge so that the gods could become less involved with human affairs and relocated themselves to the extradimensional realm of Celestial Heliopolis. A few, including Bast, Sobek, and Sekhmet, choose to remain on Earth. Bast would eventually become the patron deity of Wakanda, while Sobek and Sekhmet became patrons of less influential African cults.[8]

In Celestial Heliopolis, Seth murdered his brother Osiris in an attempted coup but Osiris' wife Isis, and his sons Horus and Anubis combined their powers to resurrect Osiris. Osiris then dispatched Horus to exact revenge on Seth in a battle that lasted for several hundred years, ending when Seth gained the upper hand and sealed the gods in a pyramid.[8] The trapped gods remained in the pyramid for several millennia until they managed to reach out to the Asgardian god Odin. With help from Odin's son, Thor, they defeated Seth, severing his left hand as they battled, and freed the Heliopolitans.[9]

ha!!! what you know about Tenn, especially Nashville lol..

are you a pretender??
    Nah, the best thing about Tennessee is that it's not Kentucky.