Page 412 of 662 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416422462512 ... LastLast
Results 6,166 to 6,180 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea those were my thoughts as well. I'm curious to see how they all work together moving forward. it's crazy how many of them have such bad history and blood in this moment they are able to put it aside.
    It does give a lot of characters (villains, dead, etc.) new possibilities. Putting aside the obvious new opportunities for long-dead characters like Synch or Skin, there's dudes like Exodus who I've always found interesting. Could he eventually become a heroic character like his AoA counterpart? Who knows. It makes me want to revisit his backstory.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The beauty of this set-up...is that, much like in real-world politics, we know there are a few "crooks and thieves" who are there for self-seeking interest only. And we know, by the choices HiX-Man has made (given us) that things aren't going to go easy on the home-front, not for a good long while, if ever.
    Again...much like any real-world government/nation.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I liked those things about her characterization as well. after ororo101 mentioned it ororo definitely was giving me Claremont outback vibes.

I love coates ororo and her interaction with black panther. do you think her being a wakandan God cheapens the pantheon? why are you not a fan of it?
    I think it kind of does cheapens it a a bit. I'm not a fan of elevating a character from another franchise into a god of Wakanda. I know she has had alot of appearances in the book since they got married but until both offices comes together and agree to permanently on contract share Storm and let her become a full character/supporting character in both franchises and also see BP/Wakanda written with respect on the x side (Which with Hickman writing I'm not too worried on that) I'd rather Wakandan gods be from BP's franchise. I like the concept of hadari yao but just not as a Wakandan god you know?
    Last edited by Shadey; 10-02-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    It does give a lot of characters (villains, dead, etc.) new possibilities. Putting aside the obvious new opportunities for long-dead characters like Synch or Skin, there's dudes like Exodus who I've always found interesting. Could he eventually become a heroic character like his AoA counterpart? Who knows. It makes me want to revisit his backstory.
    exodus from the few stories I have read of him was all about doing magnetos will and worshipped the ground he walked on when Magneto his mutant sanctuary in space. I'm curious to see if they act in a similar way. Though Exodus was willing to kill mutants and humans alike to uphold magnetos vision of a planet without humans, I think in this setting exodus can thrive which is why he is seen telling young children stories in a very adoring fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    I think it kind of does cheapens it a a bit. I'm not a fan of elevating a character from another franchise into a god of Wakanda. I know she has had alot of appearances in the book since they got married but until both offices comes together and agree to permanently on contract share Storm and let her become a full character/supporting character in both franchises and also see BP/Wakanda written with respect on the x side (Which with Hickman writing I'm not too worried on that) I'd rather Wakandan gods be from BP's franchise. I like the concept of hadari yao but just not as a Wakandan god you know?
    even though she is being worshipped by some wakandans I'm not sure she is a true "wakandan god." Those are very much still the orishas including Bast and Ororo is not a part of that. We still dont know how and where Ororos divinity comes from but its possible (seeing Wakanda borders kenya) that her godhead is that from the Kenyan God pantheon. Just my thoughts but we dont know enough yet to conclude either way, though I could understand your sentiment if it's true.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The problem will be when the next writer comes along ignores it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The problem will be when the next writer comes along ignores it.
    I'm sure you dont see that as a problem lolol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Loved this issue and Storm's depiction in it. I can't believe I'm reading the X Men again and also actually having interest in Storm again but I guess if anyone could do it's Hickman.
    I'll take a chance and read the issue. The Bishop thing intrigues me.

I will make my thoughts known in this very thread.

I'm sure you dont see that as a problem lolol.
    Heh, I won't deny that I don't like how Coates writes BP. However, if another writer comes along and wants to continue the T'Challa/Storm relationship, I have no problem.

As much as many Storm fans enjoy Coates writing her, he needs to do a better job of writing them being in a relationship. It's not just enough with the googly eyes and to wax poetically. He writes a great goddess, now do a great job writing them as a couple in an active relationship.

Have them doing some fun isht. Turn the doom and gloom down a notch.

Heh, I won't deny that I don't like how Coates writes BP. However, if another writer comes along and wants to continue the T'Challa/Storm relationship, I have no problem.

As much as many Storm fans enjoy Coates writing her, he needs to do a better job of writing them being in a relationship. It's not just enough with the googly eyes and to wax poetically. He writes a great goddess, now do a great job writing them as a couple in an active relationship.

you know I was thinking this as I was reading an old issue of xmen. I would love to see these two have an issue where the go on a long date. kinda like date night but actually a more detailed look at their connection when it's just the two alone.

exodus from the few stories I have read of him was all about doing magnetos will and worshipped the ground he walked on when Magneto his mutant sanctuary in space. I'm curious to see if they act in a similar way. Though Exodus was willing to kill mutants and humans alike to uphold magnetos vision of a planet without humans, I think in this setting exodus can thrive which is why he is seen telling young children stories in a very adoring fashion.

even though she is being worshipped by some wakandans I'm not sure she is a true "wakandan god." Those are very much still the orishas including Bast and Ororo is not a part of that. We still dont know how and where Ororos divinity comes from but its possible (seeing Wakanda borders kenya) that her godhead is that from the Kenyan God pantheon. Just my thoughts but we dont know enough yet to conclude either way, though I could understand your sentiment if it's true.
    We will see.

Seriously. Coates doom and gloom BP would even make Batman say jeez this guy needs to seek therapy.

We will see.
    ororo even says she isnt a wakandan god....

it's already been resolved lol.

Seriously. Coates doom and gloom BP would even make Batman say jeez this guy needs to seek therapy.
    I think after everyone's memories are restored and nunakia remembers she has a husband with 13 kids everyone will be happy again. once he can correct the wrong of sending the wakandans into space I think he will be happy.

Storm had a one page story devoted to her in today's Marvel Comics #1001.

ororo even says she isnt a wakandan god....

it's already been resolved lol.

I think after everyone's memories are restored and nunakia remembers she has a husband with 13 kids everyone will be happy again. once he can correct the wrong of sending the wakandans into space I think he will be happy.
    Nothing wrong with it. Nobody told Space Wakandans to act like they dont't have home training. lol

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Storm had a one page story devoted to her in today's Marvel Comics #1001.
    oooh I ddnt know was it good?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Nothing wrong with it. Nobody told Space Wakandans to act like they dont't have home training. lol
    lolol u do bring up a great point... I wonder what caused them to go so dark?