Page 426 of 662 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436476526 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I really dont think they should trust him but should we blame him for his shady ways?

the funny thing is that the idea of mutants being the inheritors of the earth is a farce. would ororo have issue with this if she knew the truth ? I'm not sure.
    Yes, we should blame him. They've already tarnished Charles Xavier's image so he's no longer the benevolent, fatherly patron.

I don't think he should inspire the same loyalty that he used to. Accept a seat on the council yes, but do not trust Charles Xavier.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I wonder though...
    How does her God hood' manifest outside of Wakanda?...as, I don't see Krakoans falling to their knees in prayer and worship to her.
    And...
    Will HiX-Man and/or Duggan ever acknowledge her Divinity in-story?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I second this.
    let me ask you this and anyone else who cares to, what other xwriters within let's say the past 10 years have gotten the closest to capturing Ororo's voice the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yes, we should blame him. They've already tarnished Charles Xavier's image so he's no longer the benevolent, fatherly patron.

I don't think he should inspire the same loyalty that he used to. Accept a seat on the council yes, but do not trust Charles Xavier.
    Well let me ask this because I dont really know, are you looking to what he has done specifically in the hox/pox storyline or are there other questionable things you are looking at as well?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

so as long as people have faith in her she should be able to draw upon that faith to utilize her godhead power. if you recall during shuri run, she was able to enter her godhead form due to the fungi in the mine; there were no visible wakandans worshipping her.

that said I doubt the xoffices have any plan to incorporate this into their stories unfortunately. I hope to be surprised.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

let me ask you this and anyone else who cares to, what other xwriters within let's say the past 10 years have gotten the closest to capturing Ororo's voice the best?
    10 years...Greg Pak. Nobody else really stands out in that amount of time.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Pissshhh PaK.

New Storm avatar, how do I look? *twirls*

omg how could I forget about mr. pak??

I really wish he would have taken a greater risk with the story and went bigger. the story itself looking back was just kinda meh. it wasnt anything that made me believe she needed a solo... if that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    she looks ready to cut a bitch

Well let me ask this because I dont really know, are you looking to what he has done specifically in the hox/pox storyline or are there other questionable things you are looking at as well?
    Both. He's done some shadey isht in the past few years to his own students (I know, somebody wrote him that way) and now with selling drugs on Cracko…, uh I mean Krakoa.

I'm all about the independent mutant nation but I just wouldn't blindly follow Xavier. I know he's still holding back something, just waiting for it to come out in the open. I hope that it won't just be Mystique, Apocalypse and the other "evil" mutants who challenge him or Erik.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    yassss maam twirl honey twirl:

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Both. He's done some shadey isht in the past few years to his own students (I know, somebody wrote him that way) and now with selling drugs on Cracko…, uh I mean Krakoa.

I'm all about the independent mutant nation but I just wouldn't blindly follow Xavier. I know he's still holding back something, just waiting for it to come out in the open. I hope that it won't just be Mystique, Apocalypse and the other "evil" mutants who challenge him or Erik.

yes this is true. and when I think of all the people who questioned him it was namor. of all people to question him it seems odd especially considering he would seem to align to magneto in how humans relate to mutants.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

yes I loved it too beloved . however, I didn't the powers she used as lightning. I thought it was a divine blast but I can see how it can be shown as such. I do wish it was shown in a more distinguishable manner.

to your statement about them fighting before ororo fought adversary years ago prior to the outback era. their powers were unable to phase him but it was through a spell forge cast and the xmen sacrificing their souls where they were able to lock him in another dimension. since he is a chaos demon he cant completely be destroyed because it is through chaos change occurs. this has been one of the many reasons I like Coates and that is his ability to follow canon as that story was written I believe back in the 80s.

and I also agree here. I believe coates again in following what has been established before in canon regarding her powerset. ir has been hinted at least two separate times in canon that she is a God. I will post scans when I get a chance.
    A divine blast, huh? That's a good way of defining it but I'm unsure if that's what is was supposed to be. I'll have to review that panel again. If it wasn't lightning then it would be nice if was defined in-text. Yes, I can appreciate Coates' knowledge and use of Storm's past. Now that I know the Adversary was also an X-Man foe, it makes Coates' use of him even better. What a cool way to bring that side of Storm's character and mutant connection into a BP story. It would really be nice if the X-writers did the same.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

I thought it was nice. it shows these three are definitely the ones he trusts the most and it indicates they hopefully will be a reminder to not stray away from the ideals of the xmen.
    Perhaps he assumes the three will side with him. If voting is the way they make their decisions, maybe he assumes he's upping his chances of having his perspective acted on because three other people will side with him. I'm not saying this is the case or where Hickman is going with this, if anywhere. Just food for thought.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I wonder though...
    How does her God hood' manifest outside of Wakanda?...as, I don't see Krakoans falling to their knees in prayer and worship to her.
    And...
    Will HiX-Man and/or Duggan ever acknowledge her Divinity in-story?
    I don't think they NEED to pray. I feel like the prayers were the catalyst that activated her Godhead. I think if Storm accepted this part of her she'd be able to access at will. Just like how Carol Danvers goes Binary.......

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I don't think they NEED to pray. I feel like the prayers were the catalyst that activated her Godhead. I think if Storm accepted this part of her she'd be able to access at will. Just like how Carol Danvers goes Binary.......
    Ah!
    That certainly makes a difference as to how and when she might choose to use that power. Thanks for the clarification.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!