Page 493 of 662 FirstFirst ... 393443483489490491492493494495496497503543593 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,395 of 9921

New X-Men #139 is one of my favorite issues. The build up to it and the epic amount of drama that occurred... So much fun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Ororo is a goddess...high priestess of the most powerful nation in the MU, she does not have time to be sitting around arguing with Nakia of all people.
    Or anyone else for that matter tbqvh.
    Lolol boo I wasn’t being shady. I know we all put Storm on a pedestal. I love telling anyone who will listen just how great she is. She’s much more humble in that regard. My main point was that all black women don’t have to agree with one another on every issue. Black women can disagree with one another and not have it turn into a cat fight scenario. I love referencing the scene where Misty and Ororo are discussing life as a black woman and the city constantly trying to kill them. Storm throws in her bit about also being a mutant and Misty kinda dismisses it. She damn near scoffs at the idea of life being harder for mutant than a black woman. Misty can’t completely ignore it tho, because she knows she’s talking to another black woman. She can only throw shots about intersectional privilege. That was two black women respectfully disagreeing with one another. It was beautifully done and neither of them came of adversarial. They came across very self aware.

I know the scene with Nakia and Ororo has different undertones because also it’s regarding both of their feelings for T’Challa. I don’t think their exchange can be dwindled down to just that, but let’s go with that for a minute. In Black Panther, after T’Challa is assumed dead and temporarily dethroned, we see Nakia and Okoye come to a crossroads with one another. They are both assured of their love for T’Challa the man, but as king of Wakanda they held different loyalties. In that scene they were women who were at odds over a man, but their character shined through because their convictions forced us to recognize them as women with agency in their own rights. They both stood on the ideals they felt was best for the Wakanda they held in their hearts. Who could fault them for that?

I’m saying that Storm and Nakia are replaying that scene and in my perception. Storm is currently fighting for the Wakanda and the T’Challa that SHE knows. This Nakia doesn’t know THAT Wakanda or THAT T’Challa. She grew up as a Maroon. All she knows is war. She doesn’t know the peace time that T’Challa has brought to Wakanda. She has no reason to be swept up in the myth of the Hadari Yao because that legend isn’t known where she comes from. The legend of T’Challa is. She a warrior that has no need of Storm’s niceties. She wants to get down to whatever it is that Ororo really came to say. Storm obliges her. I’ll be the first to complain if they really are brought down to throwing hands, but I don’t get those vibes. Even here Storm wants to be one of the tribe, part of the community. She doesn’t put herself on a pedestal. She still hasn’t called herself Hadari Yao. She lets others do that if they want to. She’s not aloof, she actually quite in touch with what the people on the feel because she’s drawn to them.

I just think these events should be allowed to play out. I also don’t believe all black women should be shown in agreement with one another all the time. That’s stale and fake. I don’t believe that disagreements should automatically turn to violence and to suggest that black women can’t disagree with one another amicably is problematic af.

I think the bigger kicker to me is the parallel that’s drawn. T’Challa and Killmonger are quite literally going to war over the premiere black female goddess, Bast. These are two black men locked in an eternal struggle for the love, favor, and recognition of Bast. They both have different ideas on what her true nature is. This is all reflected right back at us in Storm and Nakia’s play on T’Challa’s heart. Only these two women are also contesting their roles in the shaping of Wakanda as an idea. I truly urge y’all to sit back soak up these messages of black love. They are there.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

There are many pages of this, but you get the idea. The fandoms(Jean's and Emma's) are still bitter about this stuff almost 20 years later.
    ok I was going to ask someone to post a pic of this. thank you.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Lolol boo I wasn’t being shady. I know we all put Storm on a pedestal. I love telling anyone who will listen just how great she is. She’s much more humble in that regard. My main point was that all black women don’t have to agree with one another on every issue. Black women can disagree with one another and not have it turn into a cat fight scenario. I love referencing the scene where Misty and Ororo are discussing life as a black woman and the city constantly trying to kill them. Storm throws in her bit about also being a mutant and Misty kinda dismisses it. She damn near scoffs at the idea of life being harder for mutant than a black woman. Misty can’t completely ignore it tho, because she knows she’s talking to another black woman. She can only throw shots about intersectional privilege. That was two black women respectfully disagreeing with one another. It was beautifully done and neither of them came of adversarial. They came across very self aware.

I know the scene with Nakia and Ororo has different undertones because also it’s regarding both of their feelings for T’Challa. I don’t think their exchange can be dwindled down to just that, but let’s go with that for a minute. In Black Panther, after T’Challa is assumed dead and temporarily dethroned, we see Nakia and Okoye come to a crossroads with one another. They are both assured of their love for T’Challa the man, but as king of Wakanda they held different loyalties. In that scene they were women who were at odds over a man, but their character shined through because their convictions forced us to recognize them as women with agency in their own rights. They both stood on the ideals they felt was best for the Wakanda they held in their hearts. Who could fault them for that?

I’m saying that Storm and Nakia are replaying that scene and in my perception. Storm is currently fighting for the Wakanda and the T’Challa that SHE knows. This Nakia doesn’t know THAT Wakanda or THAT T’Challa. She grew up as a Maroon. All she knows is war. She doesn’t know the peace time that T’Challa has brought to Wakanda. She has no reason to be swept up in the myth of the Hadari Yao because that legend isn’t known where she comes from. The legend of T’Challa is. She a warrior that has no need of Storm’s niceties. She wants to get down to whatever it is that Ororo really came to say. Storm obliges her. I’ll be the first to complain if they really are brought down to throwing hands, but I don’t get those vibes. Even here Storm wants to be one of the tribe, part of the community. She doesn’t put herself on a pedestal. She still hasn’t called herself Hadari Yao. She lets others do that if they want to. She’s not aloof, she actually quite in touch with what the people on the feel because she’s drawn to them.

I just think these events should be allowed to play out. I also don’t believe all black women should be shown in agreement with one another all the time. That’s stale and fake. I don’t believe that disagreements should automatically turn to violence and to suggest that black women can’t disagree with one another amicably is problematic af.

I think the bigger kicker to me is the parallel that’s drawn. T’Challa and Killmonger are quite literally going to war over the premiere black female goddess, Bast. These are two black men locked in an eternal struggle for the love, favor, and recognition of Bast. They both have different ideas on what her true nature is. This is all reflected right back at us in Storm and Nakia’s play on T’Challa’s heart. Only these two women are also contesting their roles in the shaping of Wakanda as an idea. I truly urge y’all to sit back soak up these messages of black love. They are there.
    Terrance continue to preach the truth.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I don't see a reason why women sharing the same skin color should not have different opinions and have arguments among themselves, sounds like an american thing honestly also I wanted to add that the world is not black and white, there's just so many kind of shades in between.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

let's party:

and incoming.... storm sighting:

Attachment 88798

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I don't even think it's a case of Black excellence. The idea of two grown women fighting over a man is dumb and vice versa.

In this case what highlights the issue is the fact that there are so few Black characters and when we do see them interact, we want a bond. Not only are we heroes, mutants, etc., we share a common bond of race which is a powerful bond. If we're promoting mutant unity, how can we not do the same for Black unity.

Now, I know that conflict will and should exist but not get into a physical fight because of "I got your woman/man" type isht.
    Black women arguing over politics, religion, socioeconomic issues, I don't have a problem. Black women arguing over dick--that's silly ass behavior, and as a black woman I find that hella offensive. There's nothing to cheer for about this.

Anyway, let's hope this tension has more to do with other issues outside of T'Challa's penis.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I don't see a reason why women sharing the same skin color should not have different opinions and have arguments among themselves, sounds like an american thing honestly also I wanted to add that the world is not black and white, there's just so many kind of shades in between.
    I'm not sure its solely an American thing but the depiction of black people and attempting to not perpetuate and/or affirm stereotypes regarding black people is important to some in America. I dont see it being a problem that two black women who like the same man would butt heads. These things unfortunately happenand is a part of life regardless of color.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    let's party:

and incoming.... storm sighting:

Attachment 88798
    Marvel stop it. Just because Iceman is gay doesn't mean any tall, dark, handsome guy with probably a nine inch dic...wait, what was I complaining about?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Marvel stop it. Just because Iceman is gay doesn't mean any tall, dark, handsome guy with probably a nine inch dic...wait, what was I complaining about?
    Bobby is living my dream lololol...

hadari yao.... make it happen as you know what I NEED in my life!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Bobby is living my dream lololol...

hadari yao.... make it happen as you know what I NEED in my life!!
    I actually feel bad for Bobby. All those years hiding his true self.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I actually feel bad for Bobby. All those years hiding his true self.
    yea. a damn shame the lengths people go through to deny living their truths is pretty saddening.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Black women arguing over politics, religion, socioeconomic issues, I don't have a problem. Black women arguing over dick--that's silly ass behavior, and as a black woman I find that hella offensive. There's nothing to cheer for about this.

Anyway, let's hope this tension has more to do with other issues outside of T'Challa's penis.
    I agree 1000%.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post

Women arguing over "dick" is stupid even when they are red, blue, white or octarine, I don't see why being black should be a special case unless I'm missing something?is there a stereotype about african-american women aguing over who get the man?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Women arguing over "dick" is stupid even when they are red, blue, white or octarine, I don't see why being black should be a special case unless I'm missing something?is there a stereotype about african-american women aguing over who get the man?
    Yes, it has been a stereotype like so many other things.