Page 504 of 662 FirstFirst ... 4404454494500501502503504505506507508514554604 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I think the nuance you’re missing is while T’Challa encourages Storm to stay away from Wolverine and ultimately reduces them both to their sexuality, and much below the intellect of such a man. Here in this scene with Coates, Storm fully acknowledges the sexual nature of the other relationship, she then clearly defines the qualities she feels Nakia brings to the table. She values Nakia and in doing so, she putting T’Challa’s needs above her own. In what way are the scenes you’re describing comparable in any way?
    You just made the point for me. A writer deliberately chose to insult T'Challa and reduce him to less than a man.

TJ my friend, I miss nothing here. If Storm wanted to show her appreciation to Nakia and make a point, all she had to say was to thank for helping T'Challa make it home to his family. 'Nuff said. That was message enough.

Instead, this was a feel out conversation. Storm was trying to feel ol' girl out when she didn't have to. Again, awriter having a character do something that was totally unnecessary, just for the sake of forced drama.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    How did she squash anything with a one sided conversation. *patiently waits for the conversation between Nakia and Tchalla where we hear what he really told Storm*
    The way I read it, Tchalla told Storm about the relationship and said it was over. If Storm had left it at that the Nakia conversation didn't need to take place. But she went to she her anyway because she doesn't believe it.

In other words, when Tchalla is too far away he can't be trusted. Most likely for the simple reason that he is a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Man, I am so glad that you are seeing this. Think about what Coates has done.

T'Challa was missing, lost his memories etc. Seemingly involved with another woman.

He vaguely remembers Storm. Get's his memory back, comes home sees his true love and not very emotional.

They sleep together and he's still troubled. Has Storm go out to confront the "other" woman and gives a head scratching sermon to the other woman.

This whole thing should have been about Storm and T'Challa but he made it about Storm, T'Challa and Nakia when he didn't have to do any of this isht.

The original Nakia was long gone, but he decided to mooch of MCU and bring in NuNukia.

Simple question: Why? And how is this a good thing?

Now you got some ready for Storm to drop BP saying, he ain't good enough while others are trying to explain what Coates is trying to do.

It's obvious. He. don't. know.

I try to at least be fair. I know it's impossible in a world where we have faves but i really do try.

Exactly as Guilty pleasure said this story could have been told without Tchalla/Nakia getting close. And then to go with the memory loss trope with flashes of what's waiting at home. Okay Coates i can give you a break for that. If she was a nobody from an alternate reality etc and going back into space why am i going to waste my breath bringing attention to someone who is going back to her "alternate reality."

Storm went out of her way, knowing she had a meeting to go to the mess hall to just have a conversation with Nakia during a time of war and i'm what suppose to see that as classy? No Storm looked as basic as she tried to make Tchalla sound in this issue.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The way I read it, Tchalla told Storm about the relationship and said it was over. If Storm had left it at that the Nakia conversation didn't need to take place. But she went to she her anyway because she doesn't believe it.

In other words, when Tchalla is too far away he can't be trusted. Most likely for the simple reason that he is a man.
    how are you getting all of that from.what ororo said?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post

Exactly. And i'm sorry, i wish one of my ex-girlfriends would have went and talked to another girl about me and talk about me this way. First words out of my mouth would be "oh so i think with my d?! This really what we doing?!" I am patiently waiting for Nakia to tell Tchalla about this conversation. Bet we will see that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

You just made the point for me. A writer deliberately chose to insult T'Challa and reduce him to less than a man.

TJ my friend, I miss nothing here. If Storm wanted to show her appreciation to Nakia and make a point, all she had to say was to thank for helping T'Challa make it home to his family. 'Nuff said. That was message enough.

Instead, this was a feel out conversation. Storm was trying to feel ol' girl out when she didn't have to. Again, awriter having a character do something that was totally unnecessary, just for the sake of forced drama.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! That is the part that is pissing me off. People acting like we dumb or some shiz. Like who tf does that. Storm was mining for information. That's why we didn't see her convo. She looked straight up petty this issue and people trying to sell that to me as classy and above reproach. No sir!
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

IF you expect that respect then give it. Your the one who put words in someone elses mouth first. And you can hide behind all the bullshit black love you want but you aren't showing it when you try to debase someones talking points to "You want hair pulling."
    I'll give you your point about hair pulling. If you felt that was a personask attack then I apologize. I take that back and I'm sorry. How should have Storm approached Nakia, a woman she's sure to rub shoulders with in Wakanda?
    And again your putting words in my mouth, i don't think Tchalla came off as weak. I think Storm thinks he is weak and ONLY a Man. Which is exactly what she said. The love of her supposed life is no different than any other man with needs.
    Lol it's really interesting that you see it this way. Didn't T'Challa refer to himself as just a man in his conversation with Bast? How was Storm supposed to address him? She already said she loves him more than she's loved any man. She said there's almost nothing more important to her than hus happiness and peace of mind. T'CHALLA IS A KING BUT HE HATES THE WEIGHT THAT COMES WITH THE CROWN. Storm knows that because she knows him and because he spent the second season telling the readers that.

Nakia offers an escape from his duties as King of Wakanda. As warrior slave he was free of the memory of a duty forced upon him. Nakia as a woman represents an escape. Storm is the love if his life and the constant reminder of duty.

I'll give you your point about hair pulling. If you felt that was a personask attack then I apologize. I take that back and I'm sorry. How should have Storm approached Nakia, a woman she's sure to rub shoulders with in Wakanda?

Lol it's really interesting that you see it this way. Didn't T'Challa refer to himself as just a man in his conversation with Bast? How was Storm supposed to address him? She already said she loves him more than she's loved any man. She said there's almost nothing more important to her than hus happiness and peace of mind. T'CHALLA IS A KING BUT HE HATES THE WEIGHT THAT COMES WITH THE CROWN. Storm knows that because she knows him and because he spent the second season telling the readers that.

Nakia offers an escape from his duties as King of Wakanda. As warrior slave he was free of the memory of a duty forced upon him. Nakia as a woman represents an escape. Storm is the love if his life and the constant reminder of duty.
    And i apologize for getting hot too. It's just it doesn't make sense to me. I'm a bi dude and i've been with both girls and guys and anyway i look at it it don't make sense. Had it been me and i think i'm that top dude or that head bitch or whatever i wouldn't have brought up a damn thing. When she caught that attitude i would have said "I just want to thank you for helping Tchalla make it home." and got my ass up and bounce. IF i know my shi# is that real, why do i need to go and tell that to someone i don't even know. Like really? No thank you. I'm not here for that under any condition. And if i was in Storm position and those words were coming out my mouth at some point i would have caught myself and been like "Well damn, i'm expecting him to cheat on me? I'm boasting about myself to this person i don't even really know." Storm looked petty to me. I would have dropped her if i was Tchalla and heard my girl was talking about me like i'm some run of the mill dude who always has to be coddled.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

How is T'Challa written as less than a man this issue? He tells Bast he's just a man. Ororo first tells Nakia they're in love with the same man. She later reiterates that T'Challa is just a man. How is that disrespectful to his character?

To me your last line makes Storm sound like a chore. She is the love of his life and constant reminder of duty. Now that his memories are back no matter what woman he is with he has a duty.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

How is T'Challa written as less than a man this issue? He tells Bast he's just a man. Ororo first tells Nakia they're in love with the same man. She later reiterates that T'Challa is just a man. How is that disrespectful to his character?
    it's almost like we have read two separate issues. I'm not understanding a lot of the criticism here honestly.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

To me your last line makes Storm sound like a chore. She is the love of his life and constant reminder of duty. Now that his memories are back no matter what woman he is with he has a duty.
    Storm still makes him happy. We know this. I'm saying that along with her comes the constant reminder he has a duty to Wakanda. Coates is pretty big on "heavy is the head that wears the crown." Storm claims her duty as well. She knows she has a loyalty to Wakanda and Krakoa. Its who she is.

Storm still makes him happy. We know this. I'm saying that along with her comes the constant reminder he has a duty to Wakanda. Coates is pretty big on "heavy is the head that wears the crown." Storm claims her duty as well. She knows she has a loyalty to Wakanda and Krakoa. Its who she is.
    So where is the happiness in all that cause i don't see it. Storm wants to make Tchalla happy. ok. What does Tchalla want because it's his book and we haven't heard his thoughts on Storm/Nakia.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it's almost like we have read two separate issues. I'm not understanding a lot of the criticism here honestly.
    Kyss, I really don't know. I wish Storm had a book like this. I would be over the moon. I really don't get how Storm came off snooty or stuck up. She had a Frank conversation with a woman who everyone here knows is a potential threat to her relationship. Was Storm supposed to give her the Emma Frost treatment?

Kyss, I really don't know. I wish Storm had a book like this. I would be over the moon. I really don't get how Storm came off snooty or stuck up. She had a Frank conversation with a woman who everyone here knows is a potential threat to her relationship. Was Storm supposed to give her the Emma Frost treatment?
    We told you what would have worked. If Storm had no problem with her why is she revealing personal things to her that she knows her man would not want another woman to know. If storm was okay with everything why did she need to sit down and get more information instead of just thanking her. At the very least if she wasn't being petty Storm was trying to intimidate her with her presence. She was trying to show her she was the alpha female and better than her. She was petty. There was no reason for that scene otherwise. none.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.