Page 507 of 662 FirstFirst ... 7407457497503504505506507508509510511517557607 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 9921

The confrontation was handled with grace, I thought. Much better than the preview page suggested(salacious pandering). Ororo was completely transparent and upfront emotionally, which we very rarely see. That was cool. Secure in herself and acknowledging the complex situation as it was and how it could be into the future, beyond her own involvement, which was also very cool. Well done Coates.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Gambit already has a cute pet name for her. Get Rouge an inhibitor collar(if she still needs one) and get the party started. Curt said we need to be fruitful.
    ororo is a god and not bound by silly things as mortal law.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The confrontation was handled with grace, I thought. Much better than the preview page suggested(salacious pandering). Ororo was completely transparent and upfront emotionally, which we very rarely see. That was cool. Secure in herself and acknowledging the complex situation as it was and how it could be into the future, beyond her own involvement, which was also very cool. Well done Coates.
    yes indeed to all of this! I thought ororo handled this so splendidly.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-31-2019 at 05:03 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ororo is a god and not bound by silly things as mortal law.

Zeus use to turn into animals and have sex with women. Poseidon made a girl fall in love with a bull and created the Minotaur. Don't tell me gods aren't into silly things. lol

Zeus use to turn into animals and have sex with women. Poseidon made a girl fall in love with a bull and created the Minotaur. Don't tell me gods aren't into silly things. lol
    that's Greek gods ororo is not associated with that pantheon lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    lmfao I'm sorry was that too much lolol.

and the exchange causing this uproar I thought was really well written. I think its definitely worth a trip to your lcs.
    So I read the issue and thought it was quite good. I also did not get the impression Storm was approving of Nakia hooking up with T'Challa. It was clear that she recognized their feelings for each other and wanted someone who cared about BP to look out for him when she can't. I have always been pretty indifferent to the relationship, though I liked them together under McDuffie and Coates is definitely making me appreciate how well they compliment each other. This seen really highlighted , at least for me, the weight the complexity of their relationship has on them both. Solid 4/5 issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    So I read the issue and thought it was quite good. I also did not get the impression Storm was approving of Nakia hooking up with T'Challa. It was clear that she recognized their feelings for each other and wanted someone who cared about BP to look out for him when she can't. I have always been pretty indifferent to the relationship, though I liked them together under McDuffie and Coates is definitely making me appreciate how well they compliment each other. This seen really highlighted , at least for me, the weight the complexity of their relationship has on them both. Solid 4/5 issue for me.
    yah!!!! I'm so happy that you enjoyed the issue and that you also liked how coates characterized the two. as I mentioned earlier i dont see how anyone could conclude that she is ok with him messing around with nakia. she simply wanted someone who cares for him to watch and protect him when she would be unable to. I just loved how her power was conveyed through her femininity. it was such a treat!!

I saw this in Jean Thread and never came across a Halloween inspired storm pic. That said Happy Halloween!!!!

I saw this in Jean Thread and never came across a Halloween inspired storm pic. That said Happy Halloween!!!!

Interesting. Soooo:
    Storm = Elvira? (not scary but sexy)
    Jean grey = Carrie
    Cyclops = Michael Myers
    Deadpool = Jason Vorhees
    Wolverine = Freddy Krueger (a personal fave)
    Kate Pryde = Samara Morgan (The Ring)
    Lockheed = Chucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Interesting. Soooo:
    Storm = Elvira? (not scary but sexy)
    Jean grey = Carrie
    Cyclops = Michael Myers
    Deadpool = Jason Vorhees
    Wolverine = Freddy Krueger (a personal fave)
    Kate Pryde = Samara Morgan (The Ring)
    Lockheed = Chucky?
    yes I think you got them all right.

freddy is my favorite scary monster as well lolol. he terrified me as a kid.

oh prof x is pinhead.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-30-2019 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    How is T'Challa written as less than a man this issue? He tells Bast he's just a man. Ororo first tells Nakia they're in love with the same man. She later reiterates that T'Challa is just a man. How is that disrespectful to his character?
    TJ my friend, I was not talking about the most recent issue from Coates. I was referring to the AvX issue where T'Challa told Storm that she could be with anyone but Logan.

Dumb isht.

to be fair coates could write a book that everyone loved including his fans and the BP thread would still not discuss it. lol
    Not true at all. I give Coates praise for his Captain America.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-31-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Not true at all. I give Coates praise for his Captain America.
    I meant relative to writing tchalla. you already said it ain't happening for you with coates. lol
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-31-2019 at 05:04 PM.

But that's not BPs business.
    While I agree it's not BP business, I understand his feelings. I have been in the situation when I don't want my ex, but I want him with anyone else but a particular person. I felt like, "he can be with whoever he wants - just not that bitch!" I was smart enough to keep my opinion to myself. Because no matter how I felt - we weren't together and he was free to be with whomever he wanted - including her.

T'Challa really should have kept them to himself, but it showed some relate-ability to the character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    While I agree it's not BP business, I understand his feelings. I have been in the situation when I don't want my ex, but I want him with anyone else but a particular person. I felt like, "he can be with whoever he wants - just not that bitch!" I was smart enough to keep my opinion to myself. Because no matter how I felt - we weren't together and he was free to be with whomever he wanted - including her.

T'Challa really should have kept them to himself, but it showed some relate-ability to the character.
    There are ways to make TÂ’Challa relatable without making him seem overly possessive. He doesnÂ’t even know Wolverine like that so why would he be anymore worried about him than he would StormÂ’s other long time lovers or friends? The whole point of that scene was to show TÂ’Challa engaging in a one-sided romantic rivalry that only served to benefit Wolverine. It was wildly out of character for TÂ’Challa and just an attempt by the X-office to depict him as hung up on Storm while she was hooking up with someone else. In the grand scheme of things it doesnÂ’t mean much, but it does give some insight into how the X-office goes out of its way to mischaracterize BP and the mythos, especially when Storm is somehow involved.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    There are ways to make TÂ’Challa relatable without making him seem overly possessive. He doesnÂ’t even know Wolverine like that so why would he be anymore worried about him than he would StormÂ’s other long time lovers or friends? The whole point of that scene was to show TÂ’Challa engaging in a one-sided romantic rivalry that only served to benefit Wolverine. It was wildly out of character for TÂ’Challa and just an attempt by the X-office to depict him as hung up on Storm while she was hooking up with someone else. In the grand scheme of things it doesnÂ’t mean much, but it does give some insight into how the X-office goes out of its way to mischaracterize BP and the mythos, especially when Storm is somehow involved.
    And now at odds with Krackoa? You know some dumb isht is gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post

Based on your description, wouldn't it have been better to tell that to someone else other than Storm. Like if Luke came over for beers and he said "I just hope she doesn't end up with that troll". Wouldn't that be more relatable?