Page 510 of 662 FirstFirst ... 10410460500506507508509510511512513514520560610 ... LastLast
Results 7,636 to 7,650 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah and his BP is lining bird cages right now.
    this last issue BP was a boss. had it been any other writer other than Coates you would have loved it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I will no longer be acknowledging the hadari yao until I see it in the x-books. I don't know who that woman is in bp books. Must be the storm bot
    Explain this ignorance?

Matter of fact don't.

BANNED

I will no longer be acknowledging the hadari yao until I see it in the x-books. I don't know who that woman is in bp books. Must be the storm bot
    Your right it is a StormBot.

Hadari Yao who?? Never heard of it..hmm must be a Wakandan thing........

I cant wait for the Storm Solo to Drop.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this last issue BP was a boss. had it been any other writer other than Coates you would have loved it.
    Had any other writer wrote the crap Coates wrote I'd still feel the same way.

And as I already mentioned friend, I give Coates props for his Captain America because he doesn't write him like isht.

It's not a Coates issue, it's a Coates BP issue.

BANNED

And as I already mentioned friend, I give Coates props for his Captain America because he doesn't write him like isht.

IMO I think some are giving him way TOO MUCH credit for what little he's done.

I didn't really like his BP&Crew

His Captain America is OK.

And judging by a good handful of BP Fans he's not doing so good.

BANNED

thnks love. I'm happy he is doing well with his writings. I think he is very talented

hey boo. and I didnt even know votes were taking place.

oh ok thank you I thought you were mentioning his BP book.

agreed. I understand people dont like what he is doing with BP but it's nowhere equivalent to what Aaron wrote.
    This whole narrative around the preview vs the actual issue is really jarring. First everyone was jumping out of the window to assume that Coates was going to play on the notion that two black women that have affection for the same MAN are somehow always supposed to be at war with one another. When THAT clearly did not happen, that understanding shifted to one where Ororo is not just petty, manipulative and conniving, she’s the most toxic woman T’Challa has ever come into contact with. I really don’t understand these leaps in logic. Ororo has to literally express why she doesn’t hold bitter feelings about the an emotional connection that’s rooted in a completely different time period.

Not only that, Storm then is guilty of demeaning T’Challa simply by referring to him as a man. How in the world is that an insult? Because she refers to “man” derogatorily in the X-men? Is this really serious? The lengths many are going to JUST TO SEE NEGATIVITY from this black woman is really something to ponder. I’ll come back to that tho.

Let’s bring it back to Hickman’s HOX. One of Storm’s defining character moments under him has her welcoming the team back to life. She introduces Cyclops, Jean and then Monet. Both Scott and Jean embrace her, but Monet is literally hands off. She doesn’t want to be touched. Storm’s reaction says volumes. Her laugh could be interpreted one of two ways. Either she is the aloof goddess that couldn’t be bothered with accepting Monet’s individuality or she’s a progressive woman who understands the importance of letting black people live their lives the way they want to.

I honestly don’t understand how Storm could understand and seek a level of companionship with Monet in the X-men books, but under Coates she a negative, antagonistic, self absorbed shrill of a black woman? It really reeks of giving white writers the benefit of the doubt while raking black ones over the coals. Not only that, but it further illustrates that there is an inherent bias against black women to show them as drama starters. This **** is really trippy.

You think we don't like Coates just because its Coates?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    You think we don't like Coates just because its Coates?
    I think there are some who wouldnt like how he wrote black panther despite how much of a "boss" he wrote him. Zenzi couldn't warp his mind, he challenged bast and yet some of his fans still complained. so yes I do think there are some who dont like him because he us the writer.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I don't know why anytime two unhappy black women are in a room together people assume they are going to throw down. I wonder what the trigger is for that.
    My original post on the preview. October 27th so I don't get the whole people expecting an argument between them thing
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It was cool to see Ororo show some negative emotion like real fleash and blood woman. Instead of Stoic Storm.

My original post on the preview.
    actually it was perhaps nakia initial hostility. ororo actually diffused the situation, in fact the ellipses from nakia demonstrates and was so shocked she was speechless.

did you have issues with how he was written this past issue?

actually it was perhaps nakia initial hostility. ororo actually diffused the situation, in fact the ellipses from nakia demonstrates and was so shocked she was speechless.
    Terrance Howard said everyone was expecting them to throw down and using that as some sort of extreme to alter the perception on how we feel on a very valid criticism. Like because thdexpdctation of a throw down never happened people had to shift to another negative extreme. That is not the case. I did not expect them to throw down as my original posts shows. So that is a manipulative statement imo
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/