Page 512 of 662 FirstFirst ... 12412462502508509510511512513514515516522562612 ... LastLast
Results 7,666 to 7,680 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Nope. No issue at all. That won't be the focus of the next writer so I honestly don't care.

The problem for Storm fans will be when Coates screws that up and he will.
    we dont know what the next writer will or wont do. I do hope you as a fan get the tchalla you want.

that said why would he screw that up? his storm has yet to disappoint.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    we dont know what the next writer will or wont do. I do hope you as a fan get the tchalla you want.

that said why would he screw that up? his storm has yet to disappoint.
    The next writer is not going to carry the god thing over.

That scene with Nakia was surely a disappointment. A confident Storm wouldn't bother.

The next writer is not going to carry the god thing over.

That scene with Nakia was surely a disappointment. A confident Storm wouldn't bother.
    it's been carried over into the official marvel book so why wouldnt they?

storm isnt confident in the situation which us probably why she felt compelled to have a convo. . additional her end game was tchallas well being to ensure someone with her skillset would protect and watch him when she coukdny.couldnt it seems uiuyou wanted her to be detached and unbothered but that wouldnt make sense for her to do if she cares about him.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

actually it was perhaps nakia initial hostility. ororo actually diffused the situation, in fact the ellipses from nakia demonstrates and was so shocked she was speechless.
    You're right. Ororo totally deescalated the situation. IMO, she did this by being totally honest and open. She wasn't hostile, insulting, or even openly angry. It's like a person telling you you're right when you are already fired up to blast them. Their admission takes the wind out of your sails. That's what Ororo did to Nakia. Ororo left her with basically two choices--show your ass with no provocation and embarrass yourself or calm down, shut up, and listen. I also think Nakia had no true respect for Ororo when she first approached her, but most definitely did at the end of the convo. One wonders if, after their convo that Nakia has a clear understanding of why T'Challa chose to return to Ororo. See, for me, not only was Ororo curious about the woman T'Challa held in high regard but Nakia had to have been curious about the woman T'Challa dreamed about even when he had no memory.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    My original post on the preview. October 27th so I don't get the whole people expecting an argument between them thing
    My comment clearly was not directed at you. You just quoted a post of your own that suggests we saw the same thing. My post went further to illustrate the wild conclusions people jump to in regards to black women. I'm not sure why you're assuming I'm talking about you.
    Terrance Howard said everyone was expecting them to throw down and using that as some sort of extreme to alter the perception on how we feel on a very valid criticism. Like because thdexpdctation of a throw down never happened people had to shift to another negative extreme. That is not the case. I did not expect them to throw down as my original posts shows. So that is a manipulative statement imo
    Again, you are not the only person to come to a negative conclusion in regards to Ororo's behavior. There were plenty of people that assumed that Ororo and Nakia would come to blows. There were also many people that assumed she was being shady to Nakia in their convo. (Nakia clearly didn't think so because she's paying Ororo compliments about divine intervention), but clearly there is overlap in both groups of negative assumptions. If you paid attention you would know that the overlap I'm talking about is down to a few posters that didn't like what Coates was with them as a couple to begin with.

BANNED

and marvel 2100 came in and was wondering why people thought they were going to throw down.

So that's three people who never thought anybody was going to throw hands like "everybody" and hmmm all three are also questioning the issue.
    Two of the posters you're talking about already had a negative perception of Hadari Yao and the circumstances that brought her to prominence in Wakanda. Are you sure we're actually talking about the same thing? If you want to address a point I've made that DOES apply to you, maybe better explain how Storm referring to the man she loves as a man is somehow disrespectful? Is T'Challa non-binary all of a sudden?
    Nope. No issue at all. That won't be the focus of the next writer so I honestly don't care.

He doesn't need to make T'Challa a god. He's badass already(except in this run).

The problem for Storm fans will be when Coates screws that up and he will.
    He hasn't made a fool of her yet like Jason Aaron so we're all good over here. May Hadari Yao's reign be long and sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Two of the posters you're talking about already had a negative perception of Hadari Yao and the circumstances that brought her to prominence in Wakanda. Are you sure we're actually talking about the same thing? If you want to address a point I've made that DOES apply to you, maybe better explain how Storm referring to the man she loves as a man is somehow disrespectful? Is T'Challa non-binary all of a sudden?

He hasn't made a fool of her yet like Jason Aaron so we're all good over here. May Hadari Yao's reign be long and sweet!
    The end result is i honestly don't care enough to keep going in circles. You said what you said i said what i said it is what it is and i meant what i said and its cool. Thank you, next topic. I don't like feeling like i'm wasting energy.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

The end result is i honestly don't care enough to keep going in circles. You said what you said i said what i said it is what it is and i meant what i said and its cool. Thank you, next topic. I don't like feeling like i'm wasting energy.
    That’s cool. No love lost. Sorry you feel that way.

My comment clearly was not directed at you. You just quoted a post of your own that suggests we saw the same thing. My post went further to illustrate the wild conclusions people jump to in regards to black women. I'm not sure why you're assuming I'm talking about you.

Again, you are not the only person to come to a negative conclusion in regards to Ororo's behavior. There were plenty of people that assumed that Ororo and Nakia would come to blows. There were also many people that assumed she was being shady to Nakia in their convo. (Nakia clearly didn't think so because she's paying Ororo compliments about divine intervention), but clearly there is overlap in both groups of negative assumptions. If you paid attention you would know that the overlap I'm talking about is down to a few posters that didn't like what Coates was with them as a couple to begin with.
    I know I did. I'm happy they didn't in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    You're right. Ororo totally deescalated the situation. IMO, she did this by being totally honest and open. She wasn't hostile, insulting, or even openly angry. It's like a person telling you you're right when you are already fired up to blast them. Their admission takes the wind out of your sails. That's what Ororo did to Nakia. Ororo left her with basically two choices--show your ass with no provocation and embarrass yourself or calm down, shut up, and listen. I also think Nakia had no true respect for Ororo when she first approached her, but most definitely did at the end of the convo. One wonders if, after their convo that Nakia has a clear understanding of why T'Challa chose to return to Ororo. See, for me, not only was Ororo curious about the woman T'Challa held in high regard but Nakia had to have been curious about the woman T'Challa dreamed about even when he had no memory.
    Thanks boo. I believe the preview did give off a vibe of the exchange being combative but I'm glad it didnt go down like that. I totally agree with you in regards to Nakia's feelings towards her initially which would be understandable. I think even if she wanted to have admiration the resentment towards tchalla choosing ororo would be too great, that is until after the conversation. I also think Ororo had respect for her which is why she approached the situation as she did. I just have to reiterate you were absolutely correct with how this would go. I guess I was so used to the drama of the past that it blinded me a bit. I'm very anxious to see how this all resolves.

you betta preach hadari yao forever!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    I know I did. I'm happy they didn't in the end.
    I'm so happy they didn't come to blows. It would've ruined Hadari Yao for me. Glad we dodged that bullet. I'm so proud of Storm for going and having a conversation with Nakia. She tried to have a conversation with the other Nskia as well. It doesn't seem out of character for her. Its totally within her character to embrace another black woman's standoffishness with a warm air of approachability. She clearly laughed off Monet and her "no touching" the same way she embraced Nakia and framed their conversation in the terms she requested. I so loved this issue.

I'm so happy they didn't come to blows. It would've ruined Hadari Yao for me. Glad we dodged that bullet. I'm so proud of Storm for going and having a conversation with Nakia. She tried to have a conversation with the other Nskia as well. It doesn't seem out of character for her. Its totally within her character to embrace another black woman's standoffishness with a warm air of approachability. She clearly laughed off Monet and her "no touching" the same way she embraced Nakia and framed their conversation in the terms she requested. I so loved this issue.
    yes she sure did. this is a testament to the strength of her character. Coates has an ability that cant be denied. he gets ororo through and through and I love him for his love of character.

BANNED

yes she sure did. this is a testament to the strength of her character. Coates has an ability that cant be denied. he gets ororo through and through and I love him for his love of character.
    Agreed and it’s not just one-note. We get some juicy dichotomies too. We get humility and haughtiness. We get goddess and human. Perhaps most importantly, we get mutant AND black woman. Coates loves and understands her not just for who she is as a character but also for who she could and should be.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Agreed and it’s not just one-note. We get some juicy dichotomies too. We get humility and haughtiness. We get goddess and human. Perhaps most importantly, we get mutant AND black woman. Coates loves and understands her not just for who she is as a character but also for who she could and should be.
    yes yes to all of this!!!! you knocked this one out of the mf'ing park!!!

now wouldnt it be a treat to see the xoffices follow suit?

Hey guys! What are your opinions on Hickman's Ororo? How you feeling the way he writes the character's voice?