Page 528 of 662 FirstFirst ... 28428478518524525526527528529530531532538578628 ... LastLast
Results 7,906 to 7,920 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    oh i've read it too and i agree but look how much different he treats Cap than he does Tchalla.
    I don't think anyone can deny that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I will defend Coates on Captain America. It's actually good.

>walks out with his bag of popcorn. munch.<
    I can agree that his Cap is WAY better than his BP.

But it's very slow...his BP is the one that's boring to me....IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Probably because Coates knows he’d be run out of town if he even thought about making a white character look like a chump as opposed to a black character.
    Exactly, but i'm just going to let these supposed Black stans try to pretend he's doing it for the culture to fit their desperation.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    lol, oh this is too funny. lol
    none of which you can deny but I would love to see you try.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. tchalla defining his own path not defined by his birthright
    2. tchalla loving ororo in a healthy manner
    3. tchalla forgiving himself for the past of wakanda including leaving his sister
    4. tchalla uplifting dr Franklin out of a life of crime
    etc. etc etc.

you said there were NO positive depictions. and I've provided you several. care to move the goal post again ?
    Technically he already was on his own path. He cant inherit being BP, he has to earn it and was training for it since birth. Otherwise he wouldn't have asked Bast to restore his powers. His personality is to put the country above all others. Even family. Its stressful, but putting your family abouve something else can be stressful too. Remember when Storm asked if he'd give it up to be with her? He didn't give her an answer. lol

Healthy is subjective. The side books do a lot to keep the idea going that if it ends, they were never in a serious relationship anyway.

There was nothing to forgive.

Franklin went back to a life of crime. Which is what happens when you take a non franchise character and try to change he/she. It wont stick.

1. tchalla defining his own path not defined by his birthright
    2. tchalla loving ororo in a healthy manner
    3. tchalla forgiving himself for the past of wakanda including leaving his sister
    4. tchalla uplifting dr Franklin out of a life of crime
    etc. etc etc.

you said there were NO positive depictions. and I've provided you several. care to move the goal post again ?
    Remember this tho', T'Challa wanted to be king. He fought to be king. He challenged to be king. It's not like he was handed a crown he didn't want. So he chose the path to be king because that's what he wanted.

Yep he loves Storm no doubt.

Should have never had to forgive himself to begin with.

It's good that Coates tried to rehab Franklin. That was a good move by him. But then he turns around and has Sue Storm just spit in the guys eye over in Captain America(issue #10), not even giving him credit for trying. That's the kind of inconsistency people talk about with Coates. Franklin puts his life on the line to help Steve and Sue pretty much dismisses him, What should have been a positive moment for Franklin was like a kick to the gut.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 11-05-2019 at 03:39 PM. Reason: spelled kick wrong

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I can agree that his Cap is WAY better than his BP.

But it's very slow...his BP is the one that's boring to me....IMO.
    Yeah, his Cap story while good is starting to drag on. This should have been wrapped up in 8-10 issues.

We on issue 13 and it's still going on.

Yeah, his Cap story while good is starting to drag on. This should have been wrapped up in 8-10 issues.

The book has so many captions and insights into what Cap is actually feeling about EVERYTHING that sometimes i just be like, "okay your deep. we get it." Caption after caption. But i guess those who haven't read his other stuff wouldn't really know how bad Tchalla has it. Kind of feel like he banks on it. He definitely knows how to keep an audience in it's place while pleasing another.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

For REAL??? Damn....

If his 1st Arc of Cap ends on Issue #20 i'm going to stop reading....by this time Cap is just boring. He's a lot better in the Avengers than he is in his solo. IMO.

For REAL??? Damn....

If his 1st Arc of Cap ends on Issue #20 i'm going to stop reading....by this time Cap is just boring. He's a lot better in the Avengers than he is in his solo. IMO.
    Correction: He's on issue #15<frak!>. He's just added another plot twist while not resolving much of anything else.

Again, I like the story but this is going on for far to long. I don't think it's going to end on 20. Too many dangling plot lines to wrap up that quick.

BANNED

Correction: He's on issue #15<frak!>. He's just added another plot twist while not resolving much of anything else.

Again, I like the story but this is going on for far to long. I don't think it's going to end on 20. Too many dangling plot lines to wrap up that quick.
    I need to go back and read his Captain America. I stopped on Issue 5-8. I was hoping Storm would appear because BP appeared and so I thought Coates like Storm so put two and two together....yeah.

Anyway, I agree it's not bad but it's starting to get boring like BP is and it's dragging on like you said.

Also, who the hell is Franklin?? are we talking about Mutant Franklin?? Why is he in Cap......

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Technically he already was on his own path. He cant inherit being BP, he has to earn it and was training for it since birth. Otherwise he wouldn't have asked Bast to restore his powers. His personality is to put the country above all others. Even family. Its stressful, but putting your family abouve something else can be stressful too. Remember when Storm asked if he'd give it up to be with her? He didn't give her an answer. lol

Healthy is subjective. The side books do a lot to keep the idea going that if it ends, they were never in a serious relationship anyway.

There was nothing to forgive.

Franklin went back to a life of crime. Which is what happens when you take a non franchise character and try to change he/she. It wont stick.
    1. he doesnt inherit the BP mantle of course but he does inteherit the weight of trying to obtain that mantle being the orphan king. and is it expected he is always to pit the desires of those before his own? maybe that innate obligation caused an internal conflict within himself. ororo again went through a similar transformation when she lost her powers.

2. its healthy for them in this moment. they respect each other, support each other, are honest with one another and fight for each other. it doesnt get anymore healthy than that.

3. theremay have been nothing to forgive but tchalla most certainly felt bad for his chose to leave his sister.

4. whatever he ultimately did tchalla still tried and succeeded for a moment. again it was a positive aspect within the BP book.

Remember this tho', T'Challa wanted to be king. He fought to be king. He challenged to be king. It's not like he was handed a crown he didn't want. So he chose the path to be king because that's what he wanted.

Yep he loves Storm no doubt.

Should have never had to forgive himself to begin with.

It's good that Coates tried to rehab Franklin. That was a good move by him. But then he turns around and has Sue Storm just spit in the guys eye over in Captain America(issue #10), not even giving him credit for trying. That's the kind of inconsistency people talk about with Coates. Franklin puts his life on the line to help Steve and Sue pretty much dismisses him, What should have been a positive moment for Franklin was like a kick to the gut.
    1. ororo fought to be leader of the xmen and still at times questioned should she lead or was age the best leader. people can have moments in life where the question certain decisions in spite of having fought for it.

2. agreed and she loves him.

3. see my response to cville.

4. again what dr. Franklin ultimately ended up doing doesnt mean tchalla should not have tried. similar as to Xavier trying to help sabretooth. these things happen and it sometimes bites the person with good intentions in the arse after the fact.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I need to go back and read his Captain America. I stopped on Issue 5-8. I was hoping Storm would appear because BP appeared and so I thought Coates like Storm so put two and two together....yeah.

Anyway, I agree it's not bad but it's starting to get boring like BP is and it's dragging on like you said.

Also, who the hell is Franklin?? are we talking about Mutant Franklin?? Why is he in Cap......
    dr. Franklin is thunderball. he helped tchalla defeat klaw and fought against adversary in the first couple seasons of BP.

Dr. Franklin aka Thunderball, a member of the Wrecking Crew.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 11-05-2019 at 04:38 PM.

1. ororo fought to be leader of the xmen and still at times questioned should she lead or was age the best leader. people can have moments in life where the question certain decisions in spite of having fought for it.

2. agreed and she loves him.

3. see my response to cville.

4. again what dr. Franklin ultimately ended up doing doesnt mean tchalla should not have tried. similar as to Xavier trying to help sabretooth. these things happen and it sometimes bites the person with good intentions in the arse after the fact.
    Ororo is not T'Challa and Wakanda is a nation, not a band of heroes.

You are mis-reading my response about Franklin. I didn't criticize T'Challa for helping Thunderball turn his life around. I'm criticizing Coates for shooting his own efforts in the foot by having Sue Storm basically tell Franklin he's still just a criminal.

Dr. Franklin aka Thunderbolt, a member of the Wrecking Crew.
    lolol I was calling him thunderball lol.

and maybe it was inevitable he would return to his origins. there could have also been a mandate by editorial to make him a villain agan.