Page 548 of 662 FirstFirst ... 48448498538544545546547548549550551552558598648 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that's fair! I love your ability to be objective! this and you being one of the most knowledgable and objective storm fans I know is why I love you so much!!
    Thanks <3 <3 <3. And back at cha'.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Thanks <3 <3 <3. And back at cha'.
    thanks sweetie. did you read xforce? there may be wakandans working to take down Krakoa. which may have implications for ororo.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-08-2019 at 11:20 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

This is why I love you so dearly! Please continue to spread the truth in ways that only you can do!!! I'm not sure why there is a need to perpetuate falsehoods at it relates to Tchallas role within the country of Wakanda. If tchalla was as weak as some would like us to believe their country wouldn't fight as hard as they had to see his safe return. The country would not insist on still looking to him for guidance and direction when faced with external threats. Thank you again for disrupting the narrative that Tchalla is sitting in the comfort of the palace serving only as a symbol versus actually playing a vital role in the politics of wakanda. I also loved how you tied it back to the Hadari Yao!!!
    Yes, my friend. I try and see the best portrayals in my favorites. It's part of the reason I have a high regard for Storm. I take her feats to their logical conclusion exactly the same. Writers have to give me something to work with tho. When they don't produce my mind roams in the opposite direction. That's why I understand the gripes in reference to BP. I get it. I guess I just don't understand the idea that T'Challa is weak for the reasons laid out. Even after the kingdom turned into a constitutional monarchy the council was STILL running to T'Challa with their issues. He was still used to assuage the fears of the very same council that was meant to him into nothing but a figurehead. That's funny how that works. Not for nothing, the same women's council stresses his importance for the country during this time of peace also credits T'Challa for everything. How is he a meaningless, toothless, figurehead with no political muscle and a pension for failure? I certainly don't know how, but that's none of my business. I would laugh at the notion of T'Challa has been reduced the lowest denominator in his own country. One could say that it's the total opposite of how Storm was elevated under Claremont, given characterization that should tell most people that she is a powerhouse unlike any other on the team and she has the leadership credentials to stand toe to toe with ANY leader in the MU. But we still have polls and articles that would suggest she below both Magneto and Cyclops in both fields. But T'Challa is walked over to uplift black women, while Storm is walked, looked and talked over in regards to the white males in her mutant vicinity. That's understandable from diehard BP (even if it not ALL of his fans agree), it's almost like not all of Storm's fans subscribe to the Hadari Yao narrative. Who woulda thought.

cbr Line it drawn Charlie Xaviers angels

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Yes, my friend. I try and see the best portrayals in my favorites. It's part of the reason I have a high regard for Storm. I take her feats to their logical conclusion exactly the same. Writers have to give me something to work with tho. When they don't produce my mind roams in the opposite direction. That's why I understand the gripes in reference to BP. I get it. I guess I just don't understand the idea that T'Challa is weak for the reasons laid out. Even after the kingdom turned into a constitutional monarchy the council was STILL running to T'Challa with their issues. He was still used to assuage the fears of the very same council that was meant to him into nothing but a figurehead. That's funny how that works. Not for nothing, the same women's council stresses his importance for the country during this time of peace also credits T'Challa for everything. How is he a meaningless, toothless, figurehead with no political muscle and a pension for failure? I certainly don't know how, but that's none of my business. I would laugh at the notion of T'Challa has been reduced the lowest denominator in his own country. One could say that it's the total opposite of how Storm was elevated under Claremont, given characterization that should tell most people that she is a powerhouse unlike any other on the team and she has the leadership credentials to stand toe to toe with ANY leader in the MU. But we still have polls and articles that would suggest she below both Magneto and Cyclops in both fields. But T'Challa is walked over to uplift black women, while Storm is walked, looked and talked over in regards to the white males in her mutant vicinity. That's understandable from diehard BP (even if it not ALL of his fans agree), it's almost like not all of Storm's fans subscribe to the Hadari Yao narrative. Who woulda thought.
    Exactly! Though the monarchy is not in place wakandans countrymen still rely on tchalla as if he was still the sole lead As you eloquently stated that isnt weakness. And babes you better preach how ororo is walked over to prop up the white characters around her. Do you see cyclops taking orders from kitty? Do you see Magneto taking a backseat to leaders within the mu? Just two of examples but I know you get the picture. Storm has been elevated in the BP franchise but it's been quite the opposite in the xoffices. It cant be denied or sugarcoated as much as some would have us believe the opposite. I do think that some storm fans dont like the hadari yao developments and much prefer her filling the status quo of being a footstool to her white teammates. I thought people would be happy to see the black woman uplifted and celebrated but obviously that usnt the case. I truthfully dont care either if they like what coates is doing or not. I'm just thankful his work has been etched in 616 canon and it csnt be denied. praises be to the hadari yao!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    cbr Line it drawn Charlie Xaviers angels
    awww this is really gorgeous. I love it!

thanks sweetie. did you read xforce? there may be wakandans working to take down Krakoa. which may have implications for ororo.
    Here we go again, typical X-writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    What, are all Wakandans perfect and peaceful? Wakanda is a country of millions. Surely some of them have dissenting views on Krakoa/the mutants.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    well it's not confirmed wakanda was involved. it could be another African nation but the writer did specifically use wakanda in describing the anti mutant members who attacked domino.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-09-2019 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    What, are all Wakandans perfect and peaceful? Wakanda is a country of millions. Surely some of them have dissenting views on Krakoa/the mutants.
    And in whose name are these Wakandans acting in? What resources are they using? Exactly who are they representing?

No distinctions are being made. My statement still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    We known Wakandans dont hate mutants just because they're mutants. I'd like some background on the character first. Maybe they lost their children during the flood and are looking for revenge or something.

Do you guys think, in an hypothetical war scenario, that Krakoa would ask Ororo to use her Hadari Yao status/powers against Wakanda and/or Black Panther?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Storm is her own woman. She will do what she wants, when she wants, how she wants...depending on the situation.
    No body...man or mutant, should be asking/directing how she uses her powers in a conflict.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Do you guys think, in an hypothetical war scenario, that Krakoa would ask Ororo to use her Hadari Yao status/powers against Wakanda and/or Black Panther?
    They sent people on a suicide mission out of the gate. I think think the council would insist. Except for Jean and Nightcrawler.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    no I dont think so. if anything they would probably ask her to use her status as the ex queen to try and push the krakoan agenda.