Page 594 of 662 FirstFirst ... 94494544584590591592593594595596597598604644 ... LastLast
Results 8,896 to 8,910 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I haven’t read the issue in question, so I’m not going to render a judgment on how it uses Ororo. Based on the solicit I think it makes perfect sense dramatically for Jean to come to her aid and for Emma, who both women have a long, complex and dramatically rich relationship with, to be drawn in as well. That’s all I have to say about it.
    but why ororo? why not kitty? or cyclops? or Logan? again the question is why is there s conrysnt drive to use her to prop other characters. we saw this most recently with kitty in gold. we saw this again with her being mind controlled in red.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Why not have Storm and Jean team up to save Emma?

They can have a great debate on why they should or shouldn't. We can have a look back on the relationship they have with each other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    but why ororo? why not kitty? or cyclops? or Logan?
    Again: because Ororo is Jean’s best friend, and one of Emma’s oldest enemies. Further, if the threat is something like the Shadow King it has even deeper resonance for her. It’s not “propping” when it makes perfect character and dramatic sense for her to be the one to galvanize this event. In any story, there’s always events where there are organic reasons for one character to fill that kind of role. When that happens it can’t and shouldn’t be reduced to “propping”.

but why ororo? why not kitty? or cyclops? or Logan? again the question is why is there s conrysnt drive to use her to prop other characters. we saw this most recently with kitty in gold. we saw this again with her being mind controlled in red.
    It depends on the villian. Considering Emma and Jean are teaming up, its likely due to a telepath and probably the biggest threat that isnt accounted for on Krakoa and has been MIA for years is Shadow King. SK has personal history with Storm that isnt there with Kitty, Cyclops or Logan. The only other three characters that would have made sense are Psylocke, Xavier and Karma. Psylocke and Karma are both preoccupied in other books and we dont even know if they will be on Earth when this happens and Xavier is currently dead and may not be resurrected by then. Besides they are all psychics so bringing in more psychics to help them is less impactful than the victim being a non-telepath. The three women here uniquely have a personal history. I dont like it either bc Im already not a fan of Hickman's Jean, but there's something to mine

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

They can have a great debate on why they should or shouldn't. We can have a look back on the relationship they have with each other.
    I feel like that would just turn into a slanted dunk session. Pitting rivals or former rivals in common cause is always more interesting to me.

Because this Ororo fan is looking forward to seeing Hickman delve into the mind of Storm with two of the most power telepaths in the the mu. imo it's a little short sighted to not see despite the circumstances we are actually about to get a peak into how Hickman sees the mind of ororo. For me this can be a very telling issue that i truly look forward to.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I feel like that would just turn into a slanted dunk session. Pitting rivals or former rivals in common cause is always more interesting to me.
    They can still do that without using Storm as their prop
    . That seems the main issue, not them teaming up. Scott would seem the ideal choice since he's been in a relationship with both.

hello!!! exactly. this is the questions that need to be asked.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It depends on the villian. Considering Emma and Jean are teaming up, its likely due to a telepath and probably the biggest threat that isnt accounted for on Krakoa and has been MIA for years is Shadow King. SK has personal history with Storm that isnt there with Kitty, Cyclops or Logan. The only other three characters that would have made sense are Psylocke, Xavier and Karma. Psylocke and Karma are both preoccupied in other books and we dont even know if they will be on Earth when this happens and Xavier is currently dead and may not be resurrected by then. Besides they are all psychics so bringing in more psychics to help them is less impactful than the victim being a non-telepath. The three women here uniquely have a personal history. I dont like it either bc Im already not a fan of Hickman's Jean, but there's something to mine
    Shadow king has recent story with Xavier, Betsy, Rogue, gambit, old man logan, I mean the whole last astonishing members.
    there is a big pool to choose

BANNED

They can still do that without using Storm as their prop
    . That seems the main issue, not them teaming up. Scott would seem the ideal choice since he's been in a relationship with both.
    Yeah, I’ve already made my post about why it makes perfect sense to use Storm here and why it’s not “propping,” so I’m not going to write it again. I also think making this story about a shared man would be a very bad mistake, lol

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Shadow king has recent story with Xavier, Betsy, Rogue, gambit, old man logan, I mean the whole last astonishing members.
    there is a big pool to choose
    True. His current whereabouts though in Dawn of X is unknown.

What big pool to choose from? There arent that many evil telepaths that have it in for Storm. Really the only other one I could think of being used here is Nova who would kidnap Storm in order to lure Jean out for revenge.. In that event, Storm would still be secondary to the story and just a plot point to get Emma and Jean to team up SK at least has a personal tie unique to Storm

Again: because Ororo is Jean’s best friend, and one of Emma’s oldest enemies. Further, if the threat is something like the Shadow King it has even deeper resonance for her. It’s not “propping” when it makes perfect character and dramatic sense for her to be the one to galvanize this event. In any story, there’s always events where there are organic reasons for one character to fill that kind of role. When that happens it can’t and shouldn’t be reduced to “propping”.
    as marvell said, why couldnt it be a team up of ororo and Jean saving Emma OR Emma and Ororo saving emma?? as I've said we just had a story in xmen red where Jean had to save ororo from mind possession (which was garbage honestly) why exactly is there a need to tell this story again just to put these two together?

Yeah, I’ve already made my post about why it makes perfect sense to use Storm here and why it’s not “propping,” so I’m not going to write it again. I also think making this story about a shared man would be a very bad mistake, lol
    So instead they choose the black women to be savedw
    talk about bad optics

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Because this Ororo fan is looking forward to seeing Hickman delve into the mind of Storm with two of the most power telepaths in the the mu. imo it's a little short sighted to not see despite the circumstances we are actually about to get a peak into how Hickman sees the mind of ororo. For me this can be a very telling issue that i truly look forward to.
    I think he'll spend more time looking into the minds of Jean and Emma.

as marvell said, why couldnt it be a team up of ororo and Jean saving Emma OR Emma and Ororo saving emma?? as I've said we just had a story in xmen red where Jean had to save ororo from mind possession (which was garbage honestly) why exactly is there a need to tell this story again just to put these two together?
    I think its bc Storm isnt a telepath so it would be ineffecient to call on her to team up with another telepath for a telepathic rescue mission