Page 596 of 662 FirstFirst ... 96496546586592593594595596597598599600606646 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,940 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    It was in the past, which is why reducing the book to a catfight over past man issues would be a distinctly bad, sexist take.
    It doesn't need to be a catfight. Two grown women having a discussion about a shared relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm sure he'll look at some aspects of Storm but in a story where Jean and Emma have to work together it will be more about what's in their minds.
    Which is fine with me. I rather i get a story where i get a peak at some aspects of Storm's mind from the main director of the X-line than nothing at all or another character.*shrugs* Besides i like Jean and Emma so it all works for me. People will either buy it or they won't, i don't know why they acting like it's some horrible thing for Storm. But to each their own.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm sorry havok but that is bologna lol. karma and betsy are preoccupied in other books so SK coukdnt go after them? why not magneto or apocalypse or gambit or rogue or bishop? SK appeared recently in astonishing and ororo was not shown once in that title. he has shown interest in other mutants beyond ororo. it just seems that there is a constant theme within the xoffices to show her in a manner that plays to augmenting her weaknesses as opposed to reinforcing her strengths as established by Claremont. even in nightcrawler, ororo was eventually able to break free with the encouragement from nightcrawler. no telepath was needed.

It is Claremont, people won't take him for seriously because apparently he is Ororo fanboy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Betsy and Xavier are the only ones there that would make sense to choose and I explained why it likely wouldnt be them. OML is dead and gone. Rogue and Gambit have weak ties to SK and not that strong to Jean or Emma. They are also off doing Otherworld stuff with Psylocke so are off the table
    We don't know is story is tight. Logan always had time to show up in 34545 book per month.
    we don't even know if this will be after the marauders issue

I don’t understand what this is trying to say. The whole point is that using Scott instead of Ororo would orient the entire book around two women bickering over a man. Not using Scott defuses that.
    No, it doesn't. they can still bicker after him

I'm sorry havok but that is bologna lol. karma and betsy are preoccupied in other books so SK coukdnt go after them? why not magneto or apocalypse or gambit or rogue or bishop? SK appeared recently in astonishing and ororo was not shown once in that title. he has shown interest in other mutants beyond ororo. it just seems that there is a constant theme within the xoffices to show her in a manner that plays to augmenting her weaknesses as opposed to reinforcing her strengths as established by Claremont. even in nightcrawler, ororo was eventually able to break free with the encouragement from nightcrawler. no telepath was needed.
    Karma is in space. Unless SK is somehow also in space, she is unlikely to be a target and considering Emma and Jean are on Earth, it doesnt make sense. Betsy is doing dimension hopping and likely in Otherworld so she has the same issue as Karma.

SK does not care about Magneto, Apocalypse, Bishop, or Rogue. You mention AXM,and in that book his target was Xavier, his oldest enemy! He went after someone he has deep rooted history with and to a lesser extent Psylocke bc both have been established as arch-nemesis of his, just as Storm has. The list of mutants that would actually make sense for him to go after his low. Storm serves a role bc she has history with him and a personal one with Jean and Emma, who's relationship this story is meant to delve into. Lets say the target was Bishop. There are beats that the SK, Jean and Emma cant play on bc the relationships just arent developed for that

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It is Claremont, people won't take him for seriously because apparently he is Ororo fanboy.

We don't know is story is tight. Logan always had time to show up in 34545 book per month.
    we don't even know if this will be after the marauders issue
    that's why I csnt with these new writers. people come up with all types of excuses to justify the propping of other characters. I'm glad you see where im coming from in the regards. people had a fit when Jean couldnt fight sentinels but have no issue when other characters are lowballed so long as their fave is shown favorably. this is why I love coates. he shows her as the character she truly is meant to be.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Karma is in space. Unless SK is somehow also in space, she is unlikely to be a target and considering Emma and Jean are on Earth, it doesnt make sense. Betsy is doing dimension hopping and likely in Otherworld so she has the same issue as Karma.

SK does not care about Magneto, Apocalypse, Bishop, or Rogue. You mention AXM,and in that book his target was Xavier, his oldest enemy! He went after someone he has deep rooted history with and to a lesser extent Psylocke bc both have been established as arch-nemesis of his, just as Storm has. The list of mutants that would actually make sense for him to go after his low. Storm serves a role bc she has history with him and a personal one with Jean and Emma, who's relationship this story is meant to delve into. Lets say the target was Bishop. There are beats that the SK, Jean and Emma cant play on bc the relationships just arent developed for that
    Exactly how i see it. I love the idea of the push pull we will see in Storm's mind giving a telepath she is willing to be open with, and one she is more reserved with. Though it's a Jean/Emma story hickman can set up a lot for the future of Storm here.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Because this Ororo fan is looking forward to seeing Hickman delve into the mind of Storm with two of the most power telepaths in the the mu. imo it's a little short sighted to not see despite the circumstances we are actually about to get a peak into how Hickman sees the mind of ororo. For me this can be a very telling issue that i truly look forward to.
    why do we need to use Jean and Emma as a vehicle to delve into her mind? for what? this isnt a book that is going to be used for that but to put Emma and Jean together. but you maybe you will be right but I wouldnt hold my breathe my friend.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Which is fine with me. I rather i get a story where i get a peak at some aspects of Storm's mind from the main director of the X-line than nothing at all or another character.*shrugs* Besides i like Jean and Emma so it all works for me. People will either buy it or they won't, i don't know why they acting like it's some horrible thing for Storm. But to each their own.
    Nothing wrong with that.

why wouldnt sk want to target one of the most powerful mutants such as apocalypse or exodus or legion or heck even jean? sk is an opportunist that wants ultimate power. unless you are suggesting ororo is the most powerful mutant on krakoa I'm sure there are other ways the drama between Emma and Jean could have been hammered out without the need to subject ororo to further mind control plot devices which by the way I showed you she was able to break free from on her own without needing help from any telepaths.

BANNED

Not sure we want to cite Grandpa Chris, noted mind control uhhh, “fan” who had Storm and most of the other mutants mind controlled every other Wednesday for almost 20 years, as the most reliable of stewards here. He worshipped Storm, his creation, but he loved to show her and many others in mental and physical servitude and bondage.

that's why I csnt with these new writers. people come up with all types of excuses to justify the propping of other characters. I'm glad you see where im coming from in the regards. people had a fit when Jean couldnt fight sentinels but have no issue when other characters are lowballed so long as their fave is shown favorably. this is why I love coates. he shows her as the character she truly is meant to be.
    One of the biggest problems these days are characters propping others. I having my problems with Jean on Dawn of X and Ororo too. We are seeing she not being the leader on her team and now she is in danger and has to be rescued. we never see the male big guns having this problem
    Maybe the writer will be more thoughtful and have Ororo with more agency to save herself.

why wouldnt sk want to target one of the most powerful mutants such as apocalypse or exodus or legion or heck even jean? sk is an opportunist that wants ultimate power. unless you are suggesting ororo is the most powerful mutant on krakoa I'm sure there are other ways the drama between Emma and Jean could have been hammered out without the need to subject ororo to further mind control plot devices which by the way I showed you she was able to break free from on her own without needing help from any telepaths.
    So your advocating taking away one of ororo's biggest archenemies since childhood? Hmm. I think that hurts storm more than what you perceive the story to be. But ok.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Not sure we want to cite Grandpa Chris, noted mind control uhhh, “fan” who had Storm and most of the other mutants mind controlled every other Wednesday for almost 20 years, as the most reliable of stewards here. He worshipped Storm, his creation, but he loved to show her and many others in mental and physical servitude and bondage.
    it doesnt matter if he worshiped her or not. its established canon that her will is beyond SKs control. he even was unable to control her mind as Farook when she was just a child. so you are actually making my point. in a need to make friction between two fan favorites they low ball ororo to make that happen.

BANNED

Yeah, I’ve said my piece. I’m not going to keep rehashing this because with some of these replies it isn’t about Ororo, it’s about going from thread to thread adopting any criticism and hoping it can somehow be used to reverse Dawn of X. That’s bad faith and I’m not taking the bait. The rest of y’all are entitled to your feelings but I’m waiting on the book.

Or how about the fact that Claremont dangled the same storm plots for over 20 years and never made it canon. I love what the man did dearly but surely I can't do another decade of hints only for nothing to materialize. Even in his X-Men the end storm was borderline paraplegic not the goddess he has been dangling for years
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.