Page 609 of 662 FirstFirst ... 109509559599605606607608609610611612613619659 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,135 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    people arent responding because there was nothing for the usual suspects to complain about. tchalla was shown favorably and so was the supporting cast. coates didnt give any of his distractors anything to work with this issue.
    Judging by what the BP Fans are saying it sounds like he did.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    and what exactly did they say was wrong this time? are they mad storm is in the book? are they mad the book isnt only about tchalla? are they mad he is glorified as a mythical hero made flesh? are they mad he celebrated in being able see what his mother envisioned wakanda would one day be?? I mean what was the issue this time?? the reality is no matter how well he writes tchalla, there will be some who will always find something to complain about even if there is nothing there to warrant so.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-29-2019 at 01:00 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Storm as one of "the most seasoned and powerful" heroes (Infinity War #3, August 1992).

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Storm as one of "the most seasoned and powerful" heroes (Infinity War #3, August 1992).

[img]Marvel Super Heroes being MARVEL SUPER HEROES[/img]
    Never again. We might never see this sight again. Hate, and the love of hate, has ruined this.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

We need another great hero gathering.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Dim chances of happening while HoxPoxDox is in effect over the setting.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

i enjoy your posts. dont change anything about it ok!!!
    Thanks, and I have no intention of altering how I chose to write my posts. As I said, people read what they want to read, including skipping posts that are "too long" for their tastes. Smh. Whatever. Anyway, T'Challa seems to have his Wakanda Prime team in place to confront the Empire. We'll see what Book 4 has to offer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Very true, and people read what they want to read. There, a short post.
    On the contrary.

People read what's actually on the page, juxtapose it against the overall thematic premise of hitherto unknown Wakandan manufactured ineptitude and societal disruption orchestrated by Coates, and come to the logical conclusion that the writer in question neither understands or respects the main character whose solo book he's supposed to be writing.

As I've acknowledged in the past in the aforementioned Black Panther Appreciation thread, Coates remains an excellent writer where Storm's voice and overall character depiction is concerned and as such, he would be perfect to pen an ongoing Storm solo book or in the absence of that, a solid mini to pave the way for an ongoing solo.

Unfortunately, he remains a blight upon the Black Panther mythos as evidenced by the severe drop in sales on the BP solo (in name only,) that he's currently writing.

Storm's character development should be happening within her own considerably large family of X-books as opposed to in what's supposed to be another characters solo book.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 11-29-2019 at 02:51 PM.

and what exactly did they say was wrong this time? are they mad storm is in the book? are they mad the book isnt only about tchalla? are they mad he is glorified as a mythical hero made flesh? are they mad he celebrated in being able see what his mother envisioned wakanda would one day be?? I mean what was the issue this time?? the reality is no matter how well he writes tchalla, there will be some who will always find something to complain about even if there is nothing there to warrant so.
    Soooo...you want us to post bad stuff about Coates again? I thought you didn't want us to?

Oh well, for those of you who love Coates writing, enjoy it. But I seem to recall that there are some Storm fans who think Dugan or Guggs writes the worst Storm ever. I've seen it posted in this very thread.

You are entitled to your opinions about them just as BP fans are entitled to their opinions about Coates. I'm sure you would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Oh we have our complaints. But we wanted to be in the mood of Thanksgiving on Thursday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Soooo...you want us to post bad stuff about Coates again? I thought you didn't want us to?

Oh well, for those of you who love Coates writing, enjoy it. But I seem to recall that there are some Storm fans who think Dugan or Guggs writes the worst Storm ever. I've seen it posted in this very thread.

You are entitled to your opinions about them just as BP fans are entitled to their opinions about Coates. I'm sure you would agree.

There are not many of us that Like Coates writing for Storm. Coates is 50/50 here in the Storm Fanbase.

Oh we have our complaints. But we wanted to be in the mood of Thanksgiving on Thursday.
    These are not BAD complaints more like criticism.

BANNED

And this is what I find quite ironic.

The self same folks that rightfully took offence to how Duggan and Guggenheim totally trashed Storm, can't bring themselves to understand why Coates take on the BP mythos is so offensive to BP enthusiasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

The self same folks that rightfully took offence to how Duggan and Guggenheim totally trashed Storm, can't bring themselves to understand why Coates take on the BP mythos is so offensive to BP enthusiasts.
    Ironic? I think the proper term here would be hypocritical. They don’t give damn about how Coates is shitting over our favorite character just as long as their favorite continues to be put on a pedestal.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

I LOVE Duggan's work.
    I LOVE his:
    Uncanny Avengers Run
    Savage Avengers
    Hell, I think his Marauders run is really good and fun.

As for Guggenhiem I think he has no idea on how to write not just Storm, but any X-Men character that's NOT Kitty Pryde.

As for Coates he's eh ok.

Well, some are mad that Coates just doesn't get the character completely. I think majority of BP fans believe that strongly. It's kinda how me and you HATE the dreaded Guggenhiem for Pooping on Storm.
    I understand where some of them coming from. And I can sympathize, I think what makes this better is if Coates just write Storm and be done with it.....
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 11-29-2019 at 11:09 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Ironic? I think the proper term here would be hypocritical. They don’t give damn about how Coates is shitting over our favorite character just as long as their favorite continues to be put on a pedestal.
    I was being diplomatic.