Page 612 of 662 FirstFirst ... 112512562602608609610611612613614615616622 ... LastLast
Results 9,166 to 9,180 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Coates should just write a Storm solo & leave T'Challa alone, honestly.
    Yeah, that’s what it may end up coming too anyway.

BANNED

Agreed 100%.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Oh, I’m very critical of her handling by the X-office. Doesn’t change Hudlin’s failures no matter how much you deflect.
    Who's deflecting.

I've just stated facts as I perceived them at the time, without fear or favour.

What you falsely describe as "failures" on Reginald Hudlin's part as regards his characterisation of Ororo in the BP solo back in the day, are confirmed and actual failures to do anything progressive or meaningful with Storm for years by a whole plethora of X-writers as evidenced my numerous complaints to this effect posited by a number of dedicated Storm fans in this very thread.

It should be a source of embarrassment to the X-office that practically all of Storms character development and impactful appearances are currently being facilitated in another characters solo book.

Coates has used his tenure as the supposed BP writer to use T'Challa's solo book as a convenient storyboard/resume to show how good he is at writing Storm and to a lesser extent, Manifold.

Bearing the above in mind, I sincerely hope that whoever's in charge at the X-office notice all his hard and diligent work on Storm, and give the dear fellow a Storm solo to work ala Greg Pak so he can cease to further derail T'Challa's trajectory within the MU.

Maybe Marvel will give him a chance in Hickman's wake though I suppose when Jonathan Hickman completes his X-magnis opus, no one in their right mind will countenance indulging a writer whose imagination encompasses rape camps and wholly manufactured gender conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Oh, I’m very critical of her handling by the X-office. Doesn’t change Hudlin’s failures no matter how much you deflect.
    what do he fail at doing? Honest question because I think he did a decent job. Sure it wasn't perfect but he gave her showings and feats abd had developed her more than what she was getting in her own franchise at the time

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Certain posts would prove you wrong my friend.

Here, you've stated your preference of how you like Storm portrayed. That's no different than what many BP fans have said. The only difference is that some choose to critique others pov and then call them wrong. My views don't match yours. That doesn't make either of us wrong. That means we have different tastes.

Again, you've stated your preference and what you like. Some of us are just as biased and will make no apologies. I'm not here to change minds, I'm here to state my opinion. I bear no ill will or animosity and I rarely if ever speak from anger. I will continue to enjoy the dialogue with you, BK, Windrider, stormphoenix, guilty pleasure and the rest as well as many of my CBBs in the Panther thread . I will continue to post my opinions in this thread as well, popular or not.

However this constant need to "correct" BP fans who don't like Coates writing is something that really needs to be looked at.

My friend, we are always at peace with one another whether we agree or not. I'm zen like that.

This is why I enjoy our passionate discussions. Your energy is chill and easy to vibe with. It makes me wanna pull more out of you to get a sense of the world through your eyes. The general tone and reception of Storm's portrayal under Coates would suggest she's hated by T'Challa's most ardent supporters. I know that isn't the case because of posters like you, Ezyo1000, Cville and Mr Majestik. You all are quick to disrupt that narrative whenever someone is unwise enough to make assertions to the contrary. I welcome those corrections.

There may be some BP enthusiasts who harbor such views, but you four make it clear that that cannot be attributed to his base in full. As such I feel it's only right that I make it clear that there are some fans who appreciate what Coates has done with her and T'Challa. I choose to look at their potential both individually and as a unit. I look for the positives and zero in on them.

I could zero in on the negatives as well, but imo the positives outweigh them and I didn't really bother before. Coates hasn't shown her use any power outside of what's already been established for her. She throws lightning, hail, snow, wind, rain and nothing else. That doesn't clarify a thing in regards to her new godhead. Imo that's really no different than the idea that Guggenheim had for Gold. Some fans want to see it as both writers putting her and I have critiques for both approaches taken with her.

Again, none of this meant to try and change your mind. I'm just offering up my POV as a way for you to better understand what I look for. Those are the only corrections I mean to offer, my zen friend.

No thanks. I think small doses was enough for me. I don't think i can make it through a whole story line with Coates expounding his views through Storm for a whole book.

And how many times is he going to tell the same story a different way.

First story arc Tchalla learns of rape camps and the myth of wakanda and how they must be better because he is failing as a king and man.
    Second story arc Tchalla learns of the gods and how Wakanda has forgotten them and moved away from their history and how they must be better because he is failing as a king and a man.
    Third Story- Tchalla learns of a intergaltic Wakanda built on slavery for over 2000 years and he must tear it down because the King of Wakanda doesn't know what Wakanda stands for, but it's not this and they have to be better.

Every last story was built the same way. Every last story came to the same basic realization. And every last story ended with a group coming together to give him all the support he obviously needs.

I feel this whole run was just a troll on Tchalla and everyone was brought in and used as a vehicle to show him how small he is. May it soon be over but one thing at least, i will be supporting whoever writes the character next. I guess coates succeeded in one thing, i am now a BP fan but not because he was inspirational in his own book but rather because i want so bad to see him shine.

And i just was not feeling Ramonda... uh Storm in this issue at all.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    No thanks. I think small doses was enough for me. I don't think i can make it through a whole story line with Coates expounding his views through Storm for a whole book.

And how many times is he going to tell the same story a different way.

First story arc Tchalla learns of rape camps and the myth of wakanda and how they must be better because he is failing as a king and man.
    Second story arc Tchalla learns of the gods and how Wakanda has forgotten them and moved away from their history and how they must be better because he is failing as a king and a man.
    Third Story- Tchalla learns of a intergaltic Wakanda built on slavery for over 2000 years and he must tear it down because the King of Wakanda doesn't know what Wakanda stands for, but it's not this and they have to be better.

Every last story was built the same way. Every last story came to the same basic realization. And every last story ended with a group coming together to give him all the support he obviously needs.

I feel this whole run was just a troll on Tchalla and everyone was brought in and used as a vehicle to show him how small he is. May it soon be over but one thing at least, i will be supporting whoever writes the character next. I guess coates succeeded in one thing, i am now a BP fan but not because he was inspirational in his own book but rather because i want so bad to see him shine.

And i just was not feeling Ramonda... uh Storm in this issue at all.

Well...Coates should definitely not be writing Black Panther. I figured it appears he likes Storm as a character more than T'Challa because of the points you made ( I mean he has Wakandans, the most technologically advanced nation with their own religion, worshipping her. Then she by herself saves the Wakandans in S2 & S3).

You made some good summaries about Coates' Black Panther run.

Leave it to me to get this thread back on the first page!

Why I gotta do all the heavy lifting?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Leave it to me to get this thread back on the first page!

Why I gotta do all the heavy lifting?

No good ororo stuff this week unless you liked tchalla's second mother over in bp chastising him. I was just waiting for Coates to have her be all "like me with a goddess I couldn't believe it because I lived too much real life."

Also when did ororo take these trips to Harlem. She was 6 months when they left and her memory so good she remembered it but there were no trips to Harlem.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Claremont had Ororo visit Harlem in Uncanny 122 I believe. Her old apartment building was run down and filled with children addicted to drugs. She was cut by one of them. Misty Knight and Luke Cage came to help her. Black Panther and the Crew further elaborated, by saying Ororo lived in Harlem during the Outback era(which makes no sense canonically, but most retcons don't), with Gateway porting her back and forth in-between missions. Coates is referring to these visits.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Claremont had Ororo visit Harlem in Uncanny 122 I believe. Her old apartment building was run down and filled with children addicted to drugs. She was cut by one of them. Misty Knight and Luke Cage came to help her. Black Panther and the Crew further elaborated, by saying Ororo lived in Harlem during the Outback era(which makes no sense canonically, but most retcons don't), with Gateway porting her back and forth in-between missions. Coates is referring to these visits.
    I remember that issue. That makes more sense, when she said earliest days in america i assumed her childhood since she was born there but this makes more sense. I guess i really am all out of benefit of the doubt and credit for Coates. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Question: Did you guys find Storm to always be very interesting in terms of her characterization at the very start of her debut in Giant-Size X-Men #1 in 1975?

For me personally, while I liked the material she was in in the 70s, I didn't find her characterization to be particularly interesting and that developed until "Dancin' in the Dark" in 1983.

Last edited by Electricmastro; 12-01-2019 at 01:14 PM.

I remember that issue. That makes more sense, when she said earliest days in america i assumed her childhood since she was born there but this makes more sense. I guess i really am all out of benefit of the doubt and credit for Coates. lol
    Yeah, she meant her earliest days in America as an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Question: Did you guys find Storm to always be very interesting in terms of her characterization at the very start of her debut in Giant-Size X-Men #1 in 1975?

For me personally, while I liked the material she was in in the 70s, I didn't find her characterization to be particularly interesting and that developed until "Dancin' in the Dark" in 1983.

I love original Ororo; Cockrum/Wein's goddess. She was powerful and magnificent and already had a sassy nature even in those first two stories(Uncanny 94/95 was originally Giant Sized #2, and Cockrum and Wein had already been working on it when Claremont came in, so while the final dialog is probably his, Wein had already written the story that Cockrum had already illustrated(the classic Marvel style)). Of course when Claremont took her down the darker turns(the Brood abortion/suicide, the Morlock duel, the Tokyo arc, the depowering) she became even more interesting, but I love her all the way through; dark and light sides.

Well, that's what happens when you don't do enough research and just make up stuff as you go.