Page 171 of 744 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271671 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    ^^
    I ain't witness such viciousness ad-libbed about someone since Tupac came out with Hit Em Up

Jesus
    It is just ridiculous. Dude just bloates books for no reason.

It could have skipped all the double crossing "not the real story!" stupid crap and just got to the point (finding Jengu, whatever the hell that means and why it is relevant at all)

He has already used the "that isn't the real story!" device in season 2 with Native American allegory.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Hate to pile on, but we might be looking at a 14 issue arc. Saw a post on FB that was copied from a Coates post.(I looked but didn't see it on twitter.)

It had an Acuna cover and the caption said issue 14. Coates commented that "people say this arc is Star Wars, but its not Star Wars its the Middle Passage." He expands on that for a few more sentences.
    For those unaware:

The Middle Passage was the stage of the triangular trade in which millions of Africans were forcibly transported to the New World as part of the Atlantic slave trade.
    Because Coates just loves his slavery allegories...

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'd just keep going and see how you lik eit. Each run is vastly different

http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...ing-order.html
    Thanks for the list.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    For those unaware:

Because Coates just loves his slavery allegories...
    Imagine failing so hard at a slave allegory that people mistake the GD MIDDLE PASSAGE OF THE ATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE for a ... book about telekinetic monks with laser swords in space

Nice
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Two words in BP vs DP brought a slight smile to my face, for reasons the regulars might recall:

spoilers:
    "End simulation"
    end of spoilers

I find myself wondering if the writer lurks around here.

Black Panther 9 is trash.

Continuing to add elements to the story despite being 9 issues into a 12 issue story.

It is going no where. Adding in new mysteries to start an issue and then answering those mysteries in later isn't good story telling. It isn't "world building." you don't adding character in issue 9 and then have to sit there and explain who everyone is the whole issue and then go "splash page cliff hanger!"

"HEre is a new character! gotcha, he isn't what he seemed!!!" Who gives a ****? I just met the dude, how was I supposed to know if he was good, bad, indifferent, ect?

This is the worst season so far. At least season 1 had a GD point. Shitty point but the story telling was at least somewhat consistent. This season is just stupid. Without Acuna art, it has nothing going for it.

You can only hide behind the "mystery" so long before it is just bad story telling, not "its a mystery story!"
    Soooo....you say it ain't good.

Dang! No more minis, Avengers: BP's Quest is over. All we got left is Avengers.

We had it good for a while. I hope there is some more BP related stuff coming out.

I did pick up a cool Killmonger figure with his antelope horn mask from the movie.

Hate to pile on, but we might be looking at a 14 issue arc. Saw a post on FB that was copied from a Coates post.(I looked but didn't see it on twitter.)

It had an Acuna cover and the caption said issue 14. Coates commented that "people say this arc is Star Wars, but its not Star Wars its the Middle Passage." He expands on that for a few more sentences.
    Of course it's not Star Wars.

This is the Phantom Menace with Jar Jar Binks.

And like the Phantom Menace, he killed the best thing about BP(Phantom Menace killed Darth Maul).

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Hunter was cool. I wonder if they might consider going that route in the comics. The comics Hunter isn't TOO BAD as far as villains go.
    He was a serial killer for a while just to annoy Tchalla in new york

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    True, I guess that is pretty bad. His loyalty was to Wakanda... but that really doesn't excuse that sort of behavior.

It's too bad though. I would have liked to see the family dynamic between Hunter, T'Challa and Shuri more in the comics. Even if Rise they are all barely in the same room together.

So two additional issue of hot garbages to take on more isht while the stuff that may be somewhat interesting gets left in the dust? I swear he is like a second rate Hickman, brings in isht just to drop it within an issue.. like there is no purpose or direction to his story. It's just plodding along aimlessly. He clearly has enough content for 6 issue's max yet he is going to drag this out to 14? I hope you the end this gets into cancel range for a bee creative team to take over.

On a side note. Bp vs DP was fun and a good read. I hope he does more team ups with other characters. I'd like to see him team up with Thor, Tony, blade, Miles, and cage again

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Two words in BP vs DP brought a slight smile to my face, for reasons the regulars might recall:

spoilers:
    "End simulation"
    end of spoilers

I find myself wondering if the writer lurks around here.
    Truly what we all are hoping comes at the very end Coates run. Dude can't write BP. Apparently Cap fans love his take on Steve, but he cannot write B his obsession with stereotypical Africa, Columbus allegories and failed middle passage allegories just needs to stop. No one gives a isht about that or wants that in BP. He has failed Everytime, at literally every BP related book he has touched in a writing capacity

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Black Panther 9 is trash.

Continuing to add elements to the story despite being 9 issues into a 12 issue story.
    I wouldn't call it trash, but the added mythology seems unnecessary at this point. At a minimum, the story doesn't have time to develop it properly and it's unlikely to return after this arc. I don't quite think it made sense to think it's ending at issue #12 given the story pacing, but I certainly wouldn't place it out of the realm of possibility.

Deadpool/Black Panther has some of the best fourth wall breaking in years. The X-salute thing was great. The "All the Stars" reference made me chuckle. Seriously, it did a great job with both characters, although I'd consider it a Deadpool book more than a Black Panther book.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I wouldn't call it trash, but the added mythology seems unnecessary at this point. At a minimum, the story doesn't have time to develop it properly and it's unlikely to return after this arc. I don't quite think it made sense to think it's ending at issue #12 given the story pacing, but I certainly wouldn't place it out of the realm of possibility.

Deadpool/Black Panther has some of the best fourth wall breaking in years. The X-salute thing was great. The "All the Stars" reference made me chuckle. Seriously, it did a great job with both characters, although I'd consider it a Deadpool book more than a Black Panther book.
    Id say it was an even split. The first two issues were more BP, the third was about Jack O'Lantern with BP and DP getting equal time. The last two were more DP

Id say it was an even split. The first two issues were more BP, the third was about Jack O'Lantern with BP and DP getting equal time. The last two were more DP
    As far as panel time, it was a pretty even split. Might even give BP the slight edge at the start.

But in terms of tone, it really feels like a Deadpool story with BP in it. It had that almost Looney Tunes cartoon feel to it that DP stories sometimes have.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Eh, Secret Wars wiped that away :P