Page 611 of 744 FirstFirst ... 111511561601607608609610611612613614615621661711 ... LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,165 of 11160

And I' just in good conscious can't finish this run but I am now all in to support as soon as he steps off the book. I don't care if the x-offices NEVER acknowledge the hadari yao. Screw it. She ain't worth it tchalla. And men have a monopoly on indiscretion. Oh really, tchalla was looking to cheat because I must have missed that. Ithese hoes really ain't loyal. I have never hated storm before but I can't. I can't support this woman as she is in these books. I just can't. Hudlin did a better job of writing her because at the very least there was some mutual respect not just one sided ass kissing. Goddess of balance? Hah. She straight up looked like the goddess of manipulation and man-hate. I wanted nakia to say " ha, I just realize how basic you are." So bad. I never.want this man on a storm solo. I will not buy it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    First Interview- Maj

About the 4th Issue (what whatever one T'challa got beat by tree roots)- a lot of the hardcores here

Season 2- good chunk of casuals left judging by sales as the book was no longer "deep"

Season 3 Start- excitement grew about Acuna art + concept + first issue had action

Season 3 about 4 issues in- excitement gone and most gave up

Season 3 about 7 issues in or whatever- rest of the casuals left and sales sunk

Season 3 about 16 issues in- cancellation zone and the worst sales in BP history

Who is left: Storm fans, contrarians, people who really love Coates, hardcores who can't look away from the train wreck praying to the goddess (child) Bast that Coates at least puts the pieces back in place so the next writer can ignore all of this garbage
    Sorry I'm out of the loop what First Interview and what's "Maj"?

I don't keep up with industry stuff I didn't realize that Black Panther has low sales, I would have thought that MCU gave it a HUGE bump

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Sorry I'm out of the loop what First Interview and what's "Maj"?

I don't keep up with industry stuff I didn't realize that Black Panther has low sales, I would have thought that MCU gave it a HUGE bump
    Coates did an interview with the Atlantic when he worked there before the first issue dropped that was suspect and basically foreshadowed the garbage he was gonna pull.

Maj is a poster here. Unlike many of us who read it and went, "oh thats weird... ok but im still cautiously optimistic!"... Maj straight up said it was garbage for the word go.

Coates did get a boost. He got a "hickman + finally a solo!" boost, an MCU boost, a A list artist boost, renumbering boosts

I wrote a huge post about his sales you can go through my post history and find if you want.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

When did the tide turn against Coates? I read the first volume I thought it wasn't half bad, I mean you can see the inexperience because he doesn't have a background in comics but not horrendous.

I haven't kept up with this current volume, I wonder if Coates is just better at prose in the written form as opposed to sequential art.
    Issue #2. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    WOW...! these thoughts are so on point with what is wrong with the book. What's laughable is the fact that even if his real world perspective is that all men are trash, my bro so what this is fantasy! You have the power to fashion and mold this character into what would be the idealistic man, ya know kind of how you are doing for Captain America! This does nothing but show that this fool is capable but unwilling to writer T'challa as he should be. All this being understood about Coates, I still believe that the greater crime is done by editorial staff that ALLOWS him to just crap on Black Panther legacy. Comics division seems to have a concern borne of convenience for themselves. AOW is a vehicle to push for mostly characters outside of Wakanda, and even though T'challa is head of the Avengers, to me it doesn't feel like he is. Reminds me of when Luke Cage was leader but not really leading. That reminds me of Ultimates when he supposed to be leader just for the book to play up ...America!!????... bottomline all this is one long bad dream that mocks many fans and snubs T'challa of what should be great build up to be A class character.
    The editorial staff are proably the ones laughing and telling him how great it is. But one would have to be blind not to see it this issue it was on every page like "I'm almost done here so screw the subtly.

The fight, he looked like he was holding oyoko cape not taking off a robe
    Storm going to a woman with personal information from a private conversation with a man she is with to put doubt in the head of the other woman. Tchalla can dump storm tomorrow and storm has already bitterly planted the seeds in her head that she will never be enough for him but she can keep him warm while she's away until she decides if she is ever coming back. Then after he threw it all down in front of his nation, his mother, his people , had them bow before this woman and gave her back a truth that professor Xavier took from her she still alluding to she ready for herself to have an indiscretion. Was she just playing with tchalla head when she was all I'm no goddess, I'm no queen, but be my love. Or does Coates want us to think tchalla just beat her into submission and her pity got the best of her?

Then she claims this man is the love of her life, she has never loved a man more. Well damn Logan didn't even think two craps about her when he died but she up in space creating Aurora's because she can't contain her grief but here she is cool as cat telling nakia she has other responsibilities and a other nation. Then she even pissed on blast before sending tchalla to talk to a goddess that has atleast been there in a way that showed him some true support. It was like reading this issue I felt sick. All of it, all of it just looks like a lie and it took me a lot to get on board. She just looks like some trifling white haired devil. This is not the storm I know. She did that man wrong. And most of that was all in one issue. One issue and she piled it all on.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-31-2019 at 03:04 PM. Reason: sorry for all typos on phone
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Coates did an interview with the Atlantic when he worked there before the first issue dropped that was suspect and basically foreshadowed the garbage he was gonna pull.

Maj is a poster here. Unlike many of us who read it and went, "oh thats weird... ok but im still cautiously optimistic!"... Maj straight up said it was garbage for the word go.

Coates did get a boost. He got a "hickman + finally a solo!" boost, an MCU boost, a A list artist boost, renumbering boosts

I wrote a huge post about his sales you can go through my post history and find if you want.
    Ah, thanks for the information.

Has there been any rumblings if and when Coates is out?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The editorial staff are proably the ones laughing and telling him how great it is. But one would have to be blind not to see it this issue it was on every page like "I'm almost done here so screw the subtly.

Storm going to a woman with personal information from a private conversation with a man she is with to put doubt in the head of the other woman. Tchalla can dump storm tomorrow and storm has already bitterly planted the seeds in her head that she will never be enough for him but she can keep him warm while she's away until she decides if she is ever coming back. Then after he threw it all down in front of his nation, his mother, his people , had them bow before this woman and gave her back a truth that professor Xavier took from her she still alluding to she ready for herself to have an indiscretion. Was she just playing with tchalla head when she was all I'm no goddess, I'm no queen, but be my love. Or does Coates want us to think tchalla just beat her into submission and her pity got the best of her?

Then she claims this man is the love of her life, she has never loved a man more. Well damn Logan didn't even think two craps about her when he died but she up in space creating Aurora's because she can't contain her grief but here she is cool as cat telling nakia she has other responsibilities and a other nation. Then she even pissed on blast before sending tchalla to talk to a goddess that has atleast been there in a way that showed him some true support. It was like reading this issue I felt sick. All of it, all of it just looks like a lie and it took me a lot to get on board. She just looks like some trifling white haired devil. This is not the storm I know. She did that man wrong. And most of that was all in one issue. One issue and she piled it all on.
    Yeah, now do you see why we’ve been saying that Coates has been nothing but poison to the BP mythos? I really hope that this arc will be his final one because it’s bad enough that he keeps finding ways to make T’Challa look like a buffoon but now he’s making Storm no better than those petty broads you’d see in a Tyler Perry movie or A BET show. And yet despite the trash lying out in the open clear as day, there’s STILL going to be people falling over themselves to defend this clown. Oh well, at least I can take solace knowing the real T’Challa is in Avengers and AOW along with the MCU. Screw Coates and everything he stands for.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

I couldn't get the gif to work so a normal image will have to do.

Ah, thanks for the information.

Has there been any rumblings if and when Coates is out?
    He needs to go after this arc is done. Three years in and he’s still done nothing to elevate the mythos. Meanwhile Aaron, Zub, and Coogler have been doing the heavy lifting. And the fact that Aaron has been doing good by T’Challa should be super embarrassing to Coates considering that Aaron was the one that wrote the infamous “not him” line. That’s right, Coates is somehow doing a worse job than the guy that made T’Challa look like a possessive clown. How the hell does that even work?!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Mighty Member

I am so, so, so far behind my Black Panther reading. I think I read the first 4 issues of the Coates Series and honestly thought it was "meh." I just do not think he truly gets the character or just his take doesn't appeal to me. To me his heart appears to be in writing the women of Wakanda more so than T'challa. Has it improved since the first story arc of his scifi adventure? Is there any great T'Challa characterization being written in comics currently?

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I am so, so, so far behind my Black Panther reading. I think I read the first 4 issues of the Coates Series and honestly thought it was "meh." I just do not think he truly gets the character or just his take doesn't appeal to me. To me his heart appears to be in writing the women of Wakanda more so than T'challa. Has it improved since the first story arc of his scifi adventure? Is there any great T'Challa characterization being written in comics currently?
    Comics in general?

-Black Panther vs Deadpool
    -Rise of the Black Panther
    -Avengers
    -Ghost Panther

All good depictions coming from the last 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    He needs to go after this arc is done. Three years in and he’s still done nothing to elevate the mythos. Meanwhile Aaron, Zub, and Coogler have been doing the heavy lifting. And the fact that Aaron has been doing good by T’Challa should be super embarrassing to Coates considering that Aaron was the one that wrote the infamous “not him” line. That’s right, Coates is somehow doing a worse job than the guy that made T’Challa look like a possessive clown. How the hell does that even work?!
    Yeah Aaron's Avengers is dope as hell as well as Agents of Wakanda.

Too bad Hickman couldn't take Wakanda under his reigns and have some kind of diplomatic relations between them and Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Whose trade will finally hit stores in 2020 after being axed back in 2017.

Is that art by Ray Anthony?

Who are you selling the book to?

Pretty much everyone who thinks that a powerful black man has to get that said power through playing sports, being fake woke, a thug or criminal. If he does not do that-it means OTHERS mainly WOMEN have to do it for him. Which is what we have seen.

It was ALWAYS there.

Many of us tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. Especially with the sales and how well the trades were (and still) doing.

You could see the agenda but when you are limited in your black lead hero material-many took what they could get. Yes you had books like Freeze, Relay & others at otehr companies. However Black Panther had access to way more places than those books.
    It is Ray Anthony Height. I backed the first issue on Kickstarter waaay back in 2012-2013. It was a little rough but had a lot of promise. I wouldn't mind seeing the character worked into an image book. He's have been great in Invincible.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

I wish I could see the ways in which black males are negatively stereotyped here in black Panther when there's such overwhelming representation of black men. Eden has been present for many issues. How is he a negative reflection of black males? M'Baku has been present for a while now, too. How is he a negative reflection of black men?

I still cannot wrap my head around how Storm particularly demeaning to Nakia and T'Challa here. Can anyone explain how to properly uplift black men and women together in the same space?

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I wish I could see the ways in which black males are negatively stereotyped here in black Panther when there's such overwhelming representation of black men. Eden has been present for many issues. How is he a negative reflection of black males? M'Baku has been present for a while now, too. How is he a negative reflection of black men?

I still cannot wrap my head around how Storm particularly demeaning to Nakia and T'Challa here. Can anyone explain how to properly uplift black men and women together in the same space?
    It's really simple TJ.

Eden is a glorified uber driver who has had little to no character development.

This M'Baku is not the original. Coates borrowed him from the MCU.

T'Challa is a depressing mess who can't do anything right and has everyone else around him do the heavy lifting.

In none of the prior 50 years of T'Challa has he ever been portrayed as such a weak character.

Did you read the issue where Coates had T'Challa consult with dictators and despots to get advice on how to put down the rebellion in Wakanda?

Did you see where Coates had T'Challa attacking people who were actually trying to save others?

Did you read the issue where Coates had T'Challa, a super-genius, appropriating other peoples'(Doom) tech?

Did you read were Coates had T'Challa moping around in the palace, ignoring all kinds of atrocities while his country was falling apart?

How does this help T'Challa? Who is he inspiring by acting like an incompetent dumbass?

But the women were great.