Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I wouldn't go that far, but the team is lacking There is no theme behind any of the members, and most of them seem to have been selected because they are faves of Jason Aaron (Broo, Gorilla Man, Fat Cobra, American Eagle, Dr. Nemesis)
    AoW having Dr Nemesis as one of its members, automatically disqualifies the book as far as I'm concerned.

It's looking like some of these writers are just thematically bereft of sense when they make most, if not all of the "creative" decisions they come up with.

In contrast, look at what David Liss achieved when he penned his take on BP.

I initially hated the very concept of T'Challa relocating to New York in the aftermath of Doomwar but in due course, Liss's masterful weaving of an intricate tale that has a depowered T'Challa running rings around his opponents and creating tech on the fly, won myself and other enthusiasts over.

The fact that David Liss positively engaged with fans within the BP appreciation threads was an added bonus that endeared him to many of us here.

For all intents and purposes, it was pretty clear that David Liss appreciated the BP mythos and enthusiasts alike and this was clearly illustrated in the way in which he had T'Challa front and center within his own solo book irrespective of how many guest characters were featured within its pages.

Contrast Liss's masterclass writing of T'Challa's world against Coates disasterpiece thematic nuking if the BP mythos and then tell me how Coates is doing anything of worth with T'Challa.

After all is said and done, Coates wilful derailment of the BP mythos will continue to infect other books featuring T'Challa incrementally until the same mischaracterisation becomes normalised MU/MCU wide.

When that happens, BP enthusiasts who sat back and endorsed this trainwreck by continuing to support this travesty, will have no one to blame than themselves.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 11-18-2019 at 06:54 AM.