Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
We're in space and we're not trying to find the source of Vibranium or establishing the real Wakanda's foothold in space.

Most advanced technology not being utilized, no new developments.

Would have loved to see some new dynamics between BP/Wakanda and the other Alpha alien races -Shi'ar, Kree, Skulls, Spartax etc.
This made me realise how un-Marvel-y this story feels.

I know Marvel comics aren't all that great at the moment for most people but really from even the little I've read this feels like something else entirely in a bad way.

As chief12d said, I don't see this story being remembered or looked back upon fondly years afterwards. It's a shame really, because the fact that a famous AA writer tackling some of the ideas Coates had with BP should have been one for the books.

The fact that no one seems to be rumouring or demanding anything from Coates to be adapted in the MCU might be another indication. I wouldn't say recency is the issue either, because we're only three issues in the House of X/Powers of X event and there are multiple articles and quite a number of people who already want to see it or some ideas from it in the MCU. It's had an impact.

I don't really think anything from Coates has except for some concept stuff like the force push suit and other artistic choices.