Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
I'm with you. I know his action scenes leave much to be desired, but the symbolism that his work is saturated in says a whole lot. His last two issues put T'Challa and Bast on the map in a huge way. We see why Bast is Bast. I absolutely love black woman Bast! And I love that we see why she has such an affinity for T'Challa. And I just love when his intellect is on full display alongside his prowess as a martial artist.

Funny thing is I use this thread to gauge just how much black love is present in his solo. Issues that aren't solo used to build up T'Challa (despite the fact that any care and detail put into his corner of the MU ultimately strengthens him by default because he's the lynchpin) its seen as anti-black male. I never get the impression that self reflection is a desired quality in the most influential black male comic character to enter the zeitgeist.
I liked Zeni-Bast in the most recent issue as well. I also really liked her power display. I think self-reflection has been a major theme in Coates' work and I think overall he has handled it well. As you stated, the action scenes could be better but his stories overall have been enjoyable.