Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
I’ll have to check it out. I hope it’s as good as Avengers: EMH was.
It is definitely the best-written of all the currently-running Marvel cartoons.
Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
However, the devil is in the details and subtleties. Pantherjack would never be indecisive and need Cap's permission to go back to Wakanda if his country was attacked by an invading alien empire. Dr. Doom ain't besting Pantherjack in a hand 2 hand exchange either. Nor is Vision getting as far as he did into the vibranium mines without Pantherjack (or just his Wakandan defenses) coming up with the right contingencies.
I think the clear difference is that one instance has Black Panther in a team context (EMH, Avengers Assemble), while the other has him in a solo context with the team tacked on (Panther's Quest), so the dynamic and handling of T'Challa is going to be demonstrably different because the latter is obviously going to better serve and cater to that one individual character since it's their solo cartoon.

I did like EMH Panther's costume with the purple accents and the way they handled the daggers was really cool and unique visually.
Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
The only thing I've heard ppl criticize BP Quest for is not the story, characters, or action but the art direction; which is a common complaint ppl have had with Marvel's animated shows for 10 years now. Even when citing EMH, which has become teflon over time it seems, people forget that the show came out in 2010 around the time of Young Justice season 1; the shows were being compared, with a main talking point being the superior animation in YJ.
I definitely think the weakest part of Black Panther's Quest is the animation. In general it just looks more generic and cheap then it should be, only looking marginally more better then Marvel's Spider-Man, which isn't saying much (just hop on over to that show's thread to see all the complaints about the animation).

And a lot of the character redesigns just haven't won me over to be honest, outside T'Challa and Shuri. Actually, I think the Black Panther characters are the ones who generally look the best, design-wise, compared to the Avengers characters.