Page 175 of 744 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275675 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 11160
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    You couldn't have said it any better. For the life of me I still just don't know what hold Coates has over Marvel that he isn't yank off of what should be one of their flagship titles. Numbers are tanking, his creative work on the main character is weak and forgettable. When the reoccurring theme is that the main character has to be constantly reminded of his greatness but it's never manifested, wth...???
    TRADE SALES

His trades were selling BEFORE that movie and his run got praise from places that normally IGNORE comics as a whole.

His trades are either sold out of almost gone while BIGGER names are not at least in my city. When you are sold out and buys like Batman & Flash are not-Marvel will think you are doing good.
    I have been too many stores when his run is gone and 90% of DC including Aquaman are not.

Same with libraries-his book (along with Ms Marvel) have waiting lists.

If you were CB and saw this on Amazon

Coates Captain America volume 1 (comes out next week)
    Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #91,854 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
    #379 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #896 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Coates last Panther vol 6
    Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #22,704 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
    #87 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #172 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

4 of his 6 runs are top 100 for Marvel. Volume 1 is there twice. All are top 150 for Super Heroes.

Volume 4 is top 100 for TEENS
    Top 200 for Marvel
    450 for Super Heroes

Only volume 5 is in the 2000s for Super Heroes
    Yet top 150 for TEENs
    120 for Marvel

His run has Panther as the number black male hero in trade sales.

So from a BUSINESS standpoint nothing is wrong as far as the accountants are concerned.

That is why he's still on the book.

Now it DOES say something that CB and editors are keeping a tighter control on his Cap America run.

Now to be fair this is the first CA run with a main writer who is a BLACK man. Funny the complaint department group who loves to accuse Marvel of diversity hires and SJW pandering.
    Have been SILENT about this book. No eating, tearing up, setting on fire or stabbing of the CA book.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I have read two issues of Coates Cap and three issues of Space Panther and they feel like the scripts were written by two different people. Because the Cap scripts are pretty good.

Coates needs to stay on-brand and free Daniel Acuña from this bondage. Let my mans team up with Spencer again on Spidey.
    I've read his Cap. So much better than his BP. The deconstruction of Steve is more believable and he didn't squat a load over his history or character.

You couldn't have said it any better. For the life of me I still just don't know what hold Coates has over Marvel that he isn't yank off of what should be one of their flagship titles. Numbers are tanking, his creative work on the main character is weak and forgettable. When the reoccurring theme is that the main character has to be constantly reminded of his greatness but it's never manifested, wth...???

Greatness? Coates had gone out of his way to show how Wakanda is just isht and a bunch of colonizing hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    TRADE SALES

His trades were selling BEFORE that movie and his run got praise from places that normally IGNORE comics as a whole.

His trades are either sold out of almost gone while BIGGER names are not at least in my city. When you are sold out and buys like Batman & Flash are not-Marvel will think you are doing good.
    I have been too many stores when his run is gone and 90% of DC including Aquaman are not.

4 of his 6 runs are top 100 for Marvel. Volume 1 is there twice. All are top 150 for Super Heroes.

Top 200 for Marvel
    450 for Super Heroes

Yet top 150 for TEENs
    120 for Marvel

So from a BUSINESS standpoint nothing is wrong as far as the accountants are concerned.

Now it DOES say something that CB and editors are keeping a tighter control on his Cap America run.

Now to be fair this is the first CA run with a main writer who is a BLACK man. Funny the complaint department group who loves to accuse Marvel of diversity hires and SJW pandering.
    Have been SILENT about this book. No eating, tearing up, setting on fire or stabbing of the CA book.
    I'm pretty sure Coates is still on the book because 22k floppy sales ISN'T cancellation figures. The last time he was in danger of dropping below 20k, he was gifted marketing tactics and then, later, a space balls wakanda relaunch. If this book gets any lower than what we're seeing, i'm sure they got another relaunch/renumbering bs cooking. "The RETURN of T'Challa to 616!" (even tho he been here the whole time...)

(...which brings up the other point...)

It does say something that not only is there a tighter editorial leash on Coate's Cap run... but that they essentially banished Coates to a corner to write an elseworld's BP story, while giving Jason Aaron full reign to make BP the quintessential lead in the flagship Avengers title; including being the chairman of the team and the number 1 hero according to Odin. Editorial greenlit dat and gave BP his best stretch of stories and depictions across the marvel landscape.

All while sending Coates to his lil elseworld's corner where he couldn't interfere... telling a story that could've been wrapped up in 6 issues but nope, they need him to drag that **** out bc they gave him a year off from writing 616 BP. Weird tactic, but he's still a "celebrity" name, so they did what they had to
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

They made him undo everything (or sweep a lot of ish under the rug) and then put him on continuity-time-out for a year while they had other actual (or just talented) comic book writers focus on building up BP in the larger MU to align with his MCU popularity.

It's weird, but i figure Coates doesn't want to leave and it'd look pretty bad to fire the "woke" black intellectual on a 'black' book when his sales haven't fully crashed and burned. 22k is embarrassing relative to where we feel BP should be, but it ain't embarrassing relative to, say, David Walker's Nighthawk.

So this seems like their compromise; heavy regulation on one book and continuity-time-out on the other book that uses the blue-print from the MCU movie.
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Hanuman? The issues is that an Indian monkey god isn't the same thing as an African Gorilla god. I also don't know anything about the personality of Hanuman to know whether it makes much sense at all.
    Yeah sorry, typo ftw

I don't know anything about any of these cats (err apes). Just figured if you were gonna pull Ngi out of thin air in some random Marvel Presents books about a Gorilla dude, you'd at least pull random MCU monkey god into it.

I can't imagine THAT much thought went into choosing Ngi but *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Was M'Baku really put down with just one hit?
    no, it was a trap. Mbaku was a sneaky devil back int he day.

But unfortunately, how he did die was the biggest "bruh, you had one job you idiot" you can get...

Yep... had T'challa dead to rights and he crushed himself on accident.

I have the full fight here: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...u-round-1.html
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

And so, I can never pass on a chance to show M'baku "genius" when he made a fake Monica Lynn doll and T'challa fell for it and it was a bomb

M'baku is a troll. Big dumb idiot troll

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    TRADE SALES

Top 200 for Marvel
    450 for Super Heroes

Yet top 150 for TEENs
    120 for Marvel

The Cap comparison makes me think it is more the character, Black Panther, than Coates being responsible for the great trade sales.

Especially considering I Believe you have posted about WoW and Shuri's trade sales being solid. How did Rise do?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I'm pretty sure Coates is still on the book because 22k floppy sales ISN'T cancellation figures. The last time he was in danger of dropping below 20k, he was gifted marketing tactics and then, later, a space balls wakanda relaunch. If this book gets any lower than what we're seeing, i'm sure they got another relaunch/renumbering bs cooking. "The RETURN of T'Challa to 616!" (even tho he been here the whole time...)

(...which brings up the other point...)

It does say something that not only is there a tighter editorial leash on Coate's Cap run... but that they essentially banished Coates to a corner to write an elseworld's BP story, while giving Jason Aaron full reign to make BP the quintessential lead in the flagship Avengers title; including being the chairman of the team and the number 1 hero according to Odin. Editorial greenlit dat and gave BP his best stretch of stories and depictions across the marvel landscape.

All while sending Coates to his lil elseworld's corner where he couldn't interfere... telling a story that could've been wrapped up in 6 issues but nope, they need him to drag that **** out bc they gave him a year off from writing 616 BP. Weird tactic, but he's still a "celebrity" name, so they did what they had to
    When you put it that way, it makes alot of sense actually.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah sorry, typo ftw

I don't know anything about any of these cats (err apes). Just figured if you were gonna pull Ngi out of thin air in some random Marvel Presents books about a Gorilla dude, you'd at least pull random MCU monkey god into it.

I can't imagine THAT much thought went into choosing Ngi but *shrug*

no, it was a trap. Mbaku was a sneaky devil back int he day.

But unfortunately, how he did die was the biggest "bruh, you had one job you idiot" you can get...

Yep... had T'challa dead to rights and he crushed himself on accident.

I have the full fight here: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...u-round-1.html
    Nice scans. I like M'Baku but that really is a pathetic way to lose in the end.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The Cap comparison makes me think it is more the character, Black Panther, than Coates being responsible for the great trade sales.

Especially considering I Believe you have posted about WoW and Shuri's trade sales being solid. How did Rise do?
    Rise (ranked #510) did better than Shuri (rank #733) but worse than most of Coate's main BP tpb volumes (ranked in the #100-150s) yet on par with Coates Cap tpb vol 2 (ranked #486). And far above Wakanda Forever (ranked #2258) and the Crew (ranked #1244).

But fukk that, here's the top 100 list:
    https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...ding=UTF8&pg=1

Look at the top 10. ****, look at the top 50. I like number crunching as much as you do, but i ain't got time to extrapolate conclusions outta this messy waterfall. I'ma stick to the floppy sales and box office rivers and lakes that i'm used to
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    When you put it that way, it makes alot of sense actually.
    He literally has nothing to do with anything BP is doing in 616. They had him bring back Okoye for Jason Aaron and reset everything to what a casual coming out of the BP movie would expect, then they told him to take the year off. *shrug*
    Black Panther vs Thor

who here is still reading the BP book?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I do without spending money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Judging from how many people are complaining about on a monthly, I'd wager quite a few people.