Page 180 of 744 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280680 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 11160

Is this thing on...

Erik Killmonger... King of The Dead!

The very name writes itself plus it legitimately brings him back to life in that Solomon Grundy with a black militant intellect way!

Somewhere between the MCU's version and the comics version lies the absolute truth!

All these "Slow Burn" comics are taking the scenic route when they just need to land that plane and drag Klaw's corpse through the border of Wakanda and get inside W'kabi's ears!

Yesteryear's comics gave you Hulk versus Ben Grimm galore even as an afterthought while today takes Wakanda "Forever" to get more rematches featuring T'challa and Killmonger!

The next writer should just begin issue one reboot with T'challa and Killomonger beefing like old school Silver Age Stan Lee beat downs!

T'challa should just wake up in the morning with Killmonger covering his face with a pillow like it's on all day every day die in yo sleep MF...

Magneto... Doom... Green Goblin... Killmonger...

Recurring... Recurring... Recurring... Like milking a cow and until the cow starts to look at you funny!
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I Kinda have to agree to a point. Rather, issues 1-3 should of been in 1 issue, just made it a giant issue. Cut out the bulls eye isht. Had king and Bishop killed at the cabin, and started here in issue two. This is the Erik we were wanted to see
    Still a better read than that other book. The book would probably be better received if Killmonger were still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    It's too late. This should've been the first issue lol
    It really could have been lol.

Nothing we learned in the first 4 issues really added anything to the character. He had anger issues. The end lol

Took 4 issues to hear him say the word "T'challa." I mean, come on!

Maybe we can just treat this one issue as a one shot and ignore the rest lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I've been enjoying the arc. BP vs Deadpool > Killmonger > Ghost Panther > Avengers > Marvel Knights

On the lower tiers, Panther Wars > Shuri

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Is this thing on...

Erik Killmonger... King of The Dead!

The very name writes itself plus it legitimately brings him back to life in that Solomon Grundy with a black militant intellect way!

Somewhere between the MCU's version and the comics version lies the absolute truth!

All these "Slow Burn" comics are taking the scenic route when they just need to land that plane and drag Klaw's corpse through the border of Wakanda and get inside W'kabi's ears!

Yesteryear's comics gave you Hulk versus Ben Grimm galore even as an afterthought while today takes Wakanda "Forever" to get more rematches featuring T'challa and Killmonger!

The next writer should just begin issue one reboot with T'challa and Killomonger beefing like old school Silver Age Stan Lee beat downs!

T'challa should just wake up in the morning with Killmonger covering his face with a pillow like it's on all day every day die in yo sleep MF...

Magneto... Doom... Green Goblin... Killmonger...

Recurring... Recurring... Recurring... Like milking a cow and until the cow starts to look at you funny!
    I like your posts. I like them a lot. Especially this one, and your idea sounds a lot like the old days in the X-Men comics when Sabretooth would show up wherever Wolverine was on his birthday (or the day they thought was his birthday) and just wreck his s*** while making it very clear that he could finish him off anytime, any day, and only restrained himself because he wanted Wolverine to suffer with that knowledge.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Nothing we learned in the first 4 issues really added anything to the character. He had anger issues. The end lol

It's a character-driven story more than a plot-driven story. I think the story has been quite strong in that regard.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It's a character-driven story more than a plot-driven story. I think the story has been quite strong in that regard.
    I think this story will be more appreciated after the fact. It's a very well crafted character piece. It's lacking feats for the character, but that was never really the point of the story. It seldom is for year one stories.
    Last edited by XPac; 03-04-2019 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm not sure why it has to be one or the other?

I'm not 100% sure what that means though.

I haven't learned too much about the character. He wants to go back home and has bad anger issues due to being torn from paradise. And has the magic stick I suppose. I am not sure why I had to get 4 issues of "killmonger the mediocre low level henchman" to achieve that character work.

Cool pretty as hell henchman story. Until this last 4 pages, feel like its missed potential for a killmonger story though. I can understand why people are enjoying it though.

(if this book had Shuri level art, not sure we'd even be talking about it though)

What other books has this artist done btw?
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 03-04-2019 at 07:43 PM.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I'm not sure why it has to be one or the other?

I'm not 100% sure what that means though.

I haven't learned too much about the character. He wants to go back home and has bad anger issues due to being torn from paradise. And has the magic stick I suppose. I am not sure why I had to get 4 issues of "killmonger the mediocre low level henchman" to achieve that character work.

Cool pretty as hell henchman story. Until this last 4 pages, feel like its missed potential for a killmonger story though. I can understand why people are enjoying it though.

(if this book had Shuri level art, not sure we'd even be talking about it though)

What other books has this artist done btw?
    I think the only other art Juan did for marvel was drawing Old Man Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I Kinda have to agree to a point. Rather, issues 1-3 should of been in 1 issue, just made it a giant issue. Cut out the bulls eye isht. Had king and Bishop killed at the cabin, and started here in issue two. This is the Erik we were wanted to see

4 issues in and Killmonger a lame my bros. He a lame and ppl need to stop the caping just bc the art is pretty!

I mean sure, in issue 5 he done took some whey protein and the same stuff Jon Jones keeps gettin popped for, but did he need those first 4 issues to get to that point? Are they fukkin kiddin me? The first like 4 pages of his origin story in issue 1 was enough to get him to where he's at in issue 5.

Did we really need to see the token hispanic and the white dude from the A-Team show get taken out to push Erik to this point? Really? Really?

Come on now. Ain't no character development. He went from an angry Trey Songz puny guy to an angry Alistair Overeem horsemeat lookin ass. If I was T'Challa readin this mini i'd be like, "damn why he mad at me all of a sudden?? i ain't even do nuthin in 4 issues.. he should be tryna throw Natasha or fat ass Wilson off a muthafuckin waterfall, Bast damn it!"

And yes, to Marvell's point, it's still better than Coates book... but is that even saying anything at this point? It's like telling Lebron's Lakers, "well... at least yall ain't the Knicks!" Whooptie whoop!
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Wakanda.

A really really like really really important budget meeting.

First Elder From The Right: "Yawn... So we agree to allocate more revenue towards the Water Tribe grammar school initiative."

Fourth Elder From The Left: "Yeah, and the Mining Tribe regulations for more lunch time breaks are approved right."

King T'challa: "I'm sorry I dozed off there a bit... What was that middle thing again."

Princess Shuri: "Just sign right here brother... And here... Initial this part... Good, thanks for the raise!"

King T'challa: "Should I read those???"

Princess Shuri: "Naw, that's just mundane politics and whatnot... Peace I'm out."

King T'challa: "Anything else need my signature..."

Just then a crash through the window that should be vibranium laced but due to a lack of action in this comic just go with it.

Killmonger: "I'm your king now!!!"

King T'challa: "Erik Stevens... So you're alive!"

Killmonger: "Stop calling me by my slave name and yes I'm alive according to whoever is currently writing this story arc!"

We interrupt this opportunity for a long drawn out super villain monologue and fast forward skip right to the fight scene.

Smack... Biff... Bang... Splat...

The Doras prepare to move in and assist their king when...

Ebony Maw: "Let him have his fun."

Ebony Maw telekinetically pulls a bag of popcorn towards his humble personage and rearranges some matter to form a seat that looks like a designer gamer's chair... But whatevs!

Muhammad Ali materializes out of thin air...

Ali: "Thanks Dr. Strange... Rumble Young Man Rumble... Wait this don't look like Zaire WTF!"

Don King: "Only in Wakanda can this magumanomous' (not an actual word) moment precipitate in such glorious retribution."

Wolverine: "Hey bub, even though I'm tapping his boo on the low I appreciate a good brawl though!"

FRAK it the entire Marvel Universe converges at this point because GOSH DANG DARNIT DOO HICKEY this is comics after all.

Hulk excitingly punches The Thing... Sabretooth kills yet another girl that Wolverine was hooking up with and bathes in her blood starting some ish... The Sinister 6 grab poor Spiderman and start beating him down like an NWA album cover gone viral... Galactus starts eating planets on some binge extra protein diet...

HECK, the DC Universe's Superman and Doomsday crash down from space thumping mega blows... Batman starts making out with Catwoman in the corner like real hot and heavy like not for kids type heat...

Pro wrestlers spill out all over the floor WWE'ing... Godzilla can be seen through the shattered window fighting King Kong on some personal stuff from way back when... Hockey players pulling jerseys... Charlie Brown slipping as Peppermint Patty pulls the football trick again... Ming The Merciless trying to #MeToo Dale Arden with Flash Gordon on the way nick of time stuff...

Kylo Ren with his shirt off making Rey feel some type of way... Dwarves... Orcs... Elves... Vampires... Zombies... Freddy versus Jason...

Everybody who is anybody on some Ready Player One is getting it in all because some writer upped the ante on the action inside Wakanda!

Any Questions...

Killmonger: "We didn't land on Plymouth Rock... The vibranium rock landed on us!"

King T'challa: "Your black militant ramblings are annoying me... I'm so killing you and this time you are gonna stay dead until a better writer can depict you better from the jump!"

Clang... Boom... Pimp Slap... Sneak Diss... Back Stab... Slight Shade...

Bast: "HEY, who threw that chair!"

Get Hectic!

Ah, now eventually you do plan to have Black Super Villains in your comic...

Killmonger 14,000 copies sold...

Burn It All!!!
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I've been enjoying the arc. BP vs Deadpool > Killmonger > Ghost Panther > Avengers > Marvel Knights

On the lower tiers, Panther Wars > Shuri
    What is Panther Wars?

So is this Killmonger lion god thing part of the orisha or....

what about Ngi the gorilla god dude...

Did they both "ascend" because some people prayed a bit?

Someone explain this Wakandan god stuff for me lol?

What is Panther Wars?
    The solo book. Lol