Page 435 of 744 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485535 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If T'Challa did indeed travel back in the past, then he would likely couldn't return to earth until after he left. Otherwise there are 2 T'Challa's in one timeline and you potentially disrupt the timeline.

Now that I think about it, with some tweaking this story could have been an orign story for Happy Pants if Coates wanted.

But the first Alpha Flight I believe was secret wars. The rescue mission with BP and Manifold occured when Shuri was no longer BP.
    I double checked, unless the mission briefing is a flashback(she is not in the scene), Shuri is wearing her Griot gear before the team left.

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    It would be available either way. Because there would be traveling backwards in time either on the way out or on the way back to Earth (if they were to be in the future)....the empire could mine the past, since Alpha Flight already happened and thus have no risk to their existence
    Yeah, but the point is that it would require time travel because it exists in an alternate timeline, which by marvel definition means it's an alternate reality. In this case the Wakandan space empire apparently exists in the regular 616 as they can communicate with Wakanda in the present.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, but the point is that it would require time travel because it exists in an alternate timeline, which by marvel definition means it's an alternate reality. In this case the Wakandan space empire apparently exists in the regular 616 as they can communicate with Wakanda in the present.
    True, all subsequent encounters would require zero time travel

Using the same elements, I think a better story would have been Tchalla and someone besides Eden traveling back to Earth passing through Shi'ar, Skrull, Cree, and others territories to prevent the launch from happening. Would have been a Voyager/Farscape adventure. Could have had years worth of potential stories.

14 issues in and a bunch of people who spend their free time discussing BP stuff can't even figure out fully a central part of the plot

Great story
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Read the issue.. Yaaaaaawwwwn. Coates loves to tell and not show... For everything..

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    14 issues in and a bunch of people who spend their free time discussing BP stuff can't even figure out fully a central part of the plot

Great story
    Couldn't have said it better!

I read Coates' first BP book and gave him a lot of leeway since it was his first comic assignment. I liked the concepts he was working with, just some roughness with the execution. Again, he's got some great concepts here in this story...but his ability to execute a character driven story densely (very!) packed with plot elements in the comic medium...I'm not sure it's working. Comics have to flow more like a movie than a novel. Things have to have a constant forward movement. Of course you can (and should) re-read certain comics, the best comics. But the re-read shouldn't be because the characters are distracting from the plot and vice versa. Novels, you can get away with that to some degree because of issues with narration etc. Comics are pretty clear with narration and perspective. I'd have to say failure of forward movement has to lay on the author and not the reader in this instance

what I think is funny MoS, is Tchalla gets his memory and the whole issue us supposed to focus on that, and at the end the big reveal is that Tchalla was with NJadaka and the empire to start and ends it on a cliff hanger then next issue...... Nothing else we have moved on to the next vague, slow ads plot creep and are likely never to know the extent of his involvement... 14 issue's is more then enough time to have fully fleshed out all this isht.. Priest and Hudlin would of done it no problem.. Coates.... He's like Hickman only more boring and less coherent with his stuff

You all are missing the key points of the issue!

spoilers:
    T'Challa leaves, and Wakanda is suddenly in a new Golden Age & only the great and wonderful Atari Yow cares that Venom-monger is throwing Wakanda shade on an intergalactic level!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post

spoilers:
    T'Challa leaves, and Wakanda is suddenly in a new Golden Age & only the great and wonderful Atari Yow cares that Venom-monger is throwing Wakanda shade on an intergalactic level!
    end of spoilers
    I think we went over that when the preview was posted last week, or at least I thought about it. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Great story
    I sense a pattern here. Each of the previous "seasons" were similarly construed.

Good art. Story kinda meh and uninspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Well you know BoG,

spoilers:
    All of Wakanda are idiots who can't do anything on their own and need their new "goddess" to lead the way! T'Challa doesn't want to be King so he left, and Wakanda enters a golden age, BUT! This golden age is due not to their own ingenuity, but the wonderful Orishas ™ who are actually responsible for the prosperity, just like they are responsible for all of Wakandas success, over the centuries. Because why the hell else would they be able to fend off Invaders or be able to drive out the original natives Columbus style of not for them? Hadari yao is their protector till the rest of the team in this series show up. the Orishas ™ and Storm are the protagonists and catalyst of the success and protection of Wakanda. T'Challa his supporting cast, and Wakanda are just backdrops and stools to prop up the real heroes!
    end of spoilers

I mean it's so simple when you see the truth. Why else would they be so integral to Wakandas protection and prosperity?

Quote Originally Posted by beware of geek View Post
    you all are missing the key points of the issue!

spoilers:
    t'challa leaves, and wakanda is suddenly in a new golden age & only the great and wonderful atari yow cares that venom-monger is throwing wakanda shade on an intergalactic level!
    end of spoilers
    no one man!!!!!!!

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I sense a pattern here. Each of the previous "seasons" were similarly construed.

Good art. Story kinda meh and uninspiring.
    This might be his worse story yet of the three.

I didn't like Season 1 at all, but at least the story made some sense issue to issue. And it is really just a simple rebellion story told in a complicated "no one man" package. 1-12 makes sense, beginning to end, misgivings aside about the issue to issue shittiness and nitty gritty involved .

Season 2 was a invasion story told in a more complicated fashion. And it was fine until the the last issue. Bad pacing and other typicla "coates stuff" but storyline made sense 1-12. But once agian, other than not answering the central plot of the story (where are the orisha)... the story was fine in a nutshell.

This Season 3 is his longest story yet, has his worse pacing yet, the worst characterization of everyone yet (despite them basically all being new), the issue to issue plot points are confusing... it is completley held together but the art. It is just brutal to read

Man I’m hoping the “end of an era” thing on that solicitation for issue #16 means that Coates is done with BP after this arc. Especially since it’s unlikely he’ll get to write that Storm solo he desperately wants now that Hickman is running the show for the mutants.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"