Page 439 of 744 FirstFirst ... 339389429435436437438439440441442443449489539 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,585 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    If Namor ever shows up in a BP movie someday, instead of doing Wakanda vs Atlantis in their first appearance together (which would be dumb), I'd rather much see elements of Rise issue #2 adapted instead.
    I'd much rather play the long game as well.

Why Namor vs T'challa or whatever int he coimcs was interesting at all was because they used to be allies.

My only problem with going the "team up" route is that Black Panther doesn't need it. Of all the heroes left, his supporting cast is strong as ****. He doesn't need another "big" name around.

Carols supporting cast is non existent thanks to the time jump. Strange has Wong, Palmer, and bad guy Mordo (so they gave him Wanda to make it more interesting). Spider-Man is mooching off the Iron Man mythos hard.

Okoye, Shuri, Nakia, and M'baku is strong as hell. Plus the W'kabi redemption tour. and giving Queen Mother more to do

Do we really need to waste screen time on any other non-mytho characters? I'd rather (and I think the ridiculous number of casuals who propelled the movie to 700 mil domestic) see the screen time that would be used to explain Atlantis, Namor, and such be used to explore the rest of Wakanda (the other tribal regions) and give the other 6 more stuff to do. In addition to giving T'challa more focus.

I think they should establish the power players and monarchs the next few phases before making them clash.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

With the way things are looking in the MCU i'd be surprise if another hero or other character doesn't make some kind of appearance. If Ryan decides to bring in another hero it should be done similar to Falcon in Ant-Man.

Right now my wish list for the sequel is simple: energy daggers and chess master T'Challa.

Also this bad boy

Last edited by KingNomarch; 08-02-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'd much rather play the long game as well.

Why Namor vs T'challa or whatever int he coimcs was interesting at all was because they used to be allies.

My only problem with going the "team up" route is that Black Panther doesn't need it. Of all the heroes left, his supporting cast is strong as ****. He doesn't need another "big" name around.

Carols supporting cast is non existent thanks to the time jump. Strange has Wong, Palmer, and bad guy Mordo (so they gave him Wanda to make it more interesting). Spider-Man is mooching off the Iron Man mythos hard.

Okoye, Shuri, Nakia, and M'baku is strong as hell. Plus the W'kabi redemption tour. and giving Queen Mother more to do

Do we really need to waste screen time on any other non-mytho characters? I'd rather (and I think the ridiculous number of casuals who propelled the movie to 700 mil domestic) see the screen time that would be used to explain Atlantis, Namor, and such be used to explore the rest of Wakanda (the other tribal regions) and give the other 6 more stuff to do. In addition to giving T'challa more focus.

I think they should establish the power players and monarchs the next few phases before making them clash.
    Since the first time T'Challa and Namor meet they go at each other because Atlantians are stealing Wakadan weapons (Defenders #84-86), I feel they have mostly had a tough relationship. I think Hudlin was the 1st one to make them purely just friends. I would like the fight to be like it was portrayed in issue #2 of Rise.

Grace Randolph on Beyond The Trailer has mentioned that Feige is competitive, so maybe Namor is appearing against BP due to aquaman's success.

I think having Princess Zanda & Namor in BP2 could set up a Strum Un Drag type of story,

Your first mistake was taking anything Grace Randolph says seriously.

Incredible Member

The thing that gives me pause on the Namor rumors is Coogler. If this were the Russos, I believe they would gun for Namor for sure for the sequel. But Coogler doesn't seem to have the mindset of your typical comic book geek. He would probably want to continue working with the "in house" villains and try to make another medium scope, politically charged film.

Namor is the smarter choice for a business perspective. His inclusion promises a more epic scope, you will get huge sfx setpieces and action sequences, some great feats from T'Challa/Wakanda,.etc As I said, it's basically Black Panther vs. Aquaman, that would probably be a pretty big selling point for the casuals who may have been disappointed with the first film and not too interested in a sequel.

I've honestly never been too fussed with Achebe and never cared to see him adapted. Zanda is probably the only interesting in house rogue left for me. I do think Coogler is talented enough to create another great and successful film using anybody though, but eh, I want to see T'Challa and Okoye hit the high seas and leave a bomb on Namor's doorstep. I would be munching on popcorn with a crazy smile on my face lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Since the first time T'Challa and Namor meet they go at each other because Atlantians are stealing Wakadan weapons (Defenders #84-86), I feel they have mostly had a tough relationship. I think Hudlin was the 1st one to make them purely just friends. I would like the fight to be like it was portrayed in issue #2 of Rise.
    They generally out tuffled due to misunderstandings/Namor being a hothead.

They didn't outright try and kill each other until AvX

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Dang, all this talk of Namor, I really need to finish my Wakanda vs Atlantis series lol

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    With the way things are looking in the MCU i'd be surprise if another hero or other character doesn't make some kind of appearance. If Ryan decides to bring in another hero it should be done similar to Falcon in Ant-Man.
    A side mission to retrieve something that results in a scuffle but doesn't go into any depth at all

I'll allow it. That is basically making him an action set piece, similar to adding some merc like Death Tiger or some random rogue.

Right now my wish list for the sequel is simple: energy daggers and chess master T'Challa.

Also this bad boy
    !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Namor is the smarter choice for a business perspective. His inclusion promises a more epic scope, you will get huge sfx setpieces and action sequences, some great feats from T'Challa/Wakanda,.etc As I said, it's basically Black Panther vs. Aquaman, that would probably be a pretty big selling point for the casuals who may have been disappointed with the first film and not too interested in a sequel.
    I 100% don't agree with this at all.

I think people have already forgotten that the audience for Black Panther wasn't just your neck beard crowd. It pulled in a crowd that didn't exist for any other film domestically.

What you gain in bringing in Namor/atlantis in China, you lose in the amount of Aunties who want to see and got excited by this:

I've honestly never been too fussed with Achebe and never cared to see him adapted. Zanda is probably the only interesting in house rogue left for me. I do think Coogler is talented enough to create another great and successful film using anybody though, but eh, I want to see T'Challa and Okoye hit the high seas and leave a bomb on Namor's doorstep. I would be munching on popcorn with a crazy smile on my face lol.
    And Killmonger really isn't anything special in the comics (hence why they changed his whole back story and motivation). MCU doesn't 1 to 1 adapt, never has, never will. There most popular villain ever (Thanos) didn't even have the same motivation for the storyline they adapted.

I don't think Namor will be a straight up villain. I believe we will have another villain who will manipulate events that would lead to the scuffle with Namor. Think Avengers: Black Panther's quest.

Grace Randolph on Beyond The Trailer has mentioned that Feige is competitive, so maybe Namor is appearing against BP due to aquaman's success.
    Except...

Aquaman's success wasn't because "he's an underwater superhero". And it certainly wasn't Momoa's "Aquabro" acting. It was the CGI set pieces.

I'm pretty sure Marvel's effects houses already know how to do those.

I'll be blunt: I have no bloody idea what Coogler will do next. I don't know the man, I don't know how he thinks, and he hasn't dropped any hints.

But I don't understand why almost EVERY idea for BP2 outside this thread (and quite a few inside) is "Marvel will use the second movie to introduce another hero or major villain to the MCU" whether it's Namor, Doom, or whomever they want the 'next Thanos' to be. And yet, I've not seen ANY suggestions of that for the movies that were already announced. Where's the equivalent theory that Namor will show up in Doctor Strange 2? After all, they were both Defenders, right? And they could use Doom too! Triumph & Torment, amirite?

But no, every theory has Strange actually being the star, not just a vehicle to introduce another movie arc. So why in the Hell does BP get treated as a dumping ground for every new guy? Do they think he needs the help? Or that Coogler is so lacking in ideas?

It seems to me that all of these rumors are merely wishful thinking that one favorite arc or another will be adapted... because of all the MCU movies in the last decade, there have been so many. Why, there have been... *carry the 1* 0 adaptations of comic arcs! So naturally the most successuful solo film in the MCU will adapt goddamn DOOMWAR or whatever excuse you have for Namor.

In a few weeks, there's D23. If Feige has any news, it'll be there. It certainly won't be some fly-by-night blog or Youtube channel with "sources" that are probably "that guy at the LCS who says he knows somebody who knows somebody".

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Where's the equivalent theory that Namor will show up in Doctor Strange 2? After all, they were both Defenders, right? And they could use Doom too! Triumph & Torment, amirite?
    It was there. That was a rumor floating for awhile.

Then boom... it was Wanda who ends up in the movie. And no one guessed it at all lol.

Stuff like this really doesn't leak from Feige's office.

It is just people posting random theories hoping to get 1 in 12342342 right so they can brag about it (the very next article will be called, "Namor in Black PAnther like we said 10 months ago" ignoring all the wrong theories) or it is fan wish fulfillment.

Of the Phase 4 announcement, the only things people got "right" were the movies that were already being made lol. No one guessed Wanda in DS2. No one guessed Thor 4 was coming this soon if at all and that Jane was coming back. No one guessed Ali was doing Blade.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Exactly. Part of what made the Phase 4 announcement so good was that no one saw any of those things coming aside from the Mandarin being in Shang-Chi (and most people didn't think they'd actually do it). Lots of reports were insisting Angelina Jolie was definitely Sersi of the Eternals, but she's Thena instead. WGTC keeps saying their source told them Robert Pattinson was Batman but they weren't the first people to report he was on the shortlist, or that he had it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Your first mistake was taking anything Grace Randolph says seriously.
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day. But I don't take her too seriously.

I think having Princess Zanda & Namor in BP2 could set up a Strum Un Drag type of story,
    I knew that if I planted the Zanda seed it would take root.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Exactly. Part of what made the Phase 4 announcement so good was that no one saw any of those things coming aside from the Mandarin being in Shang-Chi (and most people didn't think they'd actually do it). Lots of reports were insisting Angelina Jolie was definitely Sersi of the Eternals, but she's Thena instead. WGTC keeps saying their source told them Robert Pattinson was Batman but they weren't the first people to report he was on the shortlist, or that he had it either.
    I went back into twitter and put date ranges on stuff.

They were casting black panther and didn't even know who the villain was lol .

MJB was confirmed casted and multiple articles and rumors were trying ot guess who he was playing.

Yet people think they are already got the villain nailed down for a movie that isn't even announced and script is still being rough drafted lol

If it is namor, people got it right by pure guessing. They don't know ****.

I'd rather Submariner was left alone entirely until a group film (Ultimates, etc.). Plus he needs to be a hero, not a villain. Have Attuma, Krang, Llyra, etc., as the villains.
    I get more out of an alliance than "war" with Wakanda/Atlantis. I especially want absolutely no version of the country being flooded. Not acceptable.