Page 449 of 744 FirstFirst ... 349399439445446447448449450451452453459499549 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,735 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Why are there far more GIF's of T'Challa in the BP suit from CW than BP being posted? I'm mean objectively speaking. I see the spear throw, but outside of that (or the bad CGI fall) we really don't see it. The CW BP is flooded with GIFs and in truth this thread and many people were hyped off of how cool he looked. I'm talking nothing about how the Russos botched him vs. Black Widow and Hawkye. Just his overall presence. I will only give them praise where it's due and when it comes to doing T'Challa compared to Ryan, no they didn't do him better. Ryan did a better job in one scene than three of T'Challa's appearances under the Russos.

Nothing added or not able to deliver a counterpoint. Hate to see it.
    Again none of that was in CW. What scene in CW showed off his strength? Or IW or EG. None. I can pick one feat from BP that tops any strength or durability feat one from CW. If the Russo's really made T'Challa as dangerous in CW as people pretend that he was he would've been taken so many Ls and would have feats that can matchup to his appearance in BP.

https://gfycat.com/selfassuredflamboyantcalf

https://gfycat.com/animatedshoddydas...nd-the-furious

https://gfycat.com/newcoldbarnowl
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 08-08-2019 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Again none of that was in CW. What scene in CW showed off his strength? Or IW or EG. None. I can pick one feat from BP that tops any strength or durability feat one from CW. If the Russo's really made T'Challa as dangerous in CW as people pretend that he was he would've been taken so many Ls and would have feats that can matchup to his appearance in BP.
    Only feat in Russo-verse that hasn't been matched and exceeded in the BP movie was catching Hawkeye's arrows point blank. Literally everything else Coogler far exceeded. BP movie T'challa was stronger, more acrobatic, just as fast, better fighter, better tech, better suit. Just as ruthless when he needed to be (nigeria goons crushed without remorse, klaue goons crushed without remorse, klaue about to be gutted, killmonger gutted when needed).

gif wise... nigeria fight scenes, entering wakanda, korea car fight scenes, mbaku tribal fight scenes, tchalla crowned, shield jump slam, spear throw, wkabi kick, rhino tackle, border tribe blow away, mine fall, killmonger "great move" stab... all have been routinely posted here and elsewhere.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The thing about Civil War was that it was a hero vs hero battle. And that means the writers and directors want to make sure no one ends up looking bad. Whether T'Challa is fighting Hawkeye or Winter Soldier or Captain America, you want every party involved to still come off credible win, lose, or draw.

As far as feats go, that can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on who is matched up against whom. But for better or for worse no one is going to stealroll over the person they are fighting like a leaf in the wind. Everyone is going to put up a good fight.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think you can credibly argue that T'Challa had a very different presence in Civil War over his own movie. But there were obvious reasons for that. In Civil War he was basically in Terminator mode, trying to avenge what the death of his father. The BP we see in his solo movie is a very different person, with a lot more layers and a lot more humanity (I dare say vulnerability) to him. Which was necessary for the story they were wanting to tell... but yes, his presence is different. Not necessarily better or worse, but different.
    I've been on record saying that BP T'Challa >>> CW T'Challa in terms of depth. Not close imo.

However, he can still feel vulnerable, show humanity and still have the presence of someone who strikes fear in others.

The only thing I liked in IW/Endgame was the CGI on BP was layered better. So you'll get no counters from me on that. Again I'm not saying the overall execution was so great (in terms of wins). I'm just saying you could feel the threat and sense of just how dangerous he was imo.

Its kind of revisionist history to not act like BP wasn't getting talked about as the coolest new character in comic book movies in 2016. Part of that had to do with his presence. Russos may have not finished the deal, but between the stuntman and action sold it.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing about Civil War was that it was a hero vs hero battle. And that means the writers and directors want to make sure no one ends up looking bad. Whether T'Challa is fighting Hawkeye or Winter Soldier or Captain America, you want every party involved to still come off credible win, lose, or draw.

As far as feats go, that can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on who is matched up against whom. But for better or for worse no one is going to stealroll over the person they are fighting like a leaf in the wind. Everyone is going to put up a good fight.
    Even though that it was a hero vs hero movie, they were still able to do a good job showing off several characters like Cap(his movie obviously), SW, Spider-Man, Ant-Man and Bucky. The characters that they didn't do a good job with were Vision (did basically nothing), BP (took the most Ls), and WM (got like one moment then gets crippled).

The rhino scene is an incredible idea that doesn't have great execution. Primarily because of the CGI. That could have been an all timer if done right.

However, my point is about presence. Some of that is one the stuntman and some of that is going full CGI models of T'Challa. It goes counter to everything wonderful Coogler set up.

I've been on record saying that BP T'Challa >>> CW T'Challa in terms of depth. Not close imo.

However, he can still feel vulnerable, show humanity and still have the presence of someone who strikes fear in others.

The only thing I liked in IW/Endgame was the CGI on BP was layered better. So you'll get no counters from me on that. Again I'm not saying the overall execution was so great (in terms of wins). I'm just saying you could feel the threat and sense of just how dangerous he was imo.

Its kind of revisionist history to not act like BP wasn't getting talked about as the coolest new character in comic book movies in 2016. Part of that had to do with his presence. Russos may have not finished the deal, but between the stuntman and action sold it.
    T'Challa wasn't really that dangerous in CW especially since he was going against heroes so he wasn't going to hurt anyone, which he doesn't. The stuntman was wasted in CW. If you look in the video you posted when it shows him fighting Bucky's stuntman before shifting to the scene in CW, that short moment was much cooler than most of his action in CW and should've been included, most of his action should've been like that. If they really wanted to show just how dangerous he can be then he should've gotten a fight similar to the Cap vs WS street fight. They could've done it during the first BP vs WS fight instead giving us a fight that had way too many cuts and the shaky cam didn't help either.

When it comes to T'Challa's reception in CW people seem to ignore Chad's performance, he did a great job and something else people ignore is that Ryan was involved and helped write some of his scenes and lines in CW.

Even though that it was a hero vs hero movie, they were still able to do a good job showing off several characters like Cap(his movie obviously), SW, Spider-Man, Ant-Man and Bucky. The characters that they didn't do a good job with were Vision (did basically nothing), BP (took the most Ls), and WM (got like one moment then gets crippled).
    I think BP looked great against Winter Soldier. Even when he wasn't wearing his vibranium suit, he was going toe to toe with him. Again, he didn't run through him like he was thin air... but he dominated Winter Soldier when they fought.

Question for the Fans:

Is AvX and its spin offs (AvX Vs #5, AvX: Consequences #1, A+X #3) essential Black Panther readings?

I am torn.

On one hand, the namor attack set off a ton of big BP moments that were used in later stories and are continued to be used.

On the other hand, it is a lot of story to read for what can essentially be summarized in like... 3 pages (namor floods wakanda, bp/storm divorce, bp/storm still love each other but can't work).

Thoughts? Should a reading guide just have AvX #8-9, AvX vs #5, A+X #3? or ommited all together and should only be read by "hardcores?"

Remember, quality of story means nothing, just its importance.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

T'Challa wasn't really that dangerous in CW especially since he was going against heroes so he wasn't going to hurt anyone, which he doesn't. The stuntman was wasted in CW. If you look in the video you posted when it shows him fighting Bucky's stuntman before shifting to the scene in CW, that short moment was much cooler than most of his action in CW and should've been included, most of his action should've been like that. If they really wanted to show just how dangerous he can be then he should've gotten a fight similar to the Cap vs WS street fight. They could've done it during the first BP vs WS fight instead giving us a fight that had way too many cuts and the shaky cam didn't help either.

When it comes to T'Challa's reception in CW people seem to ignore Chad's performance, he did a great job and something else people ignore is that Ryan was involved and helped write some of his scenes and lines in CW.
    Here's the thing. My overall point is that the stuntman's presence is better. I could sense more badass stuff from him than the other guy. Although I think the acrobatics are awesome and hope for more of that as well.

What the Russos did or didn't do....doesn't matter. I just want this guy back as the stuntman.

I think a lot of the "terminator" feel came from the mask being stationary/emotionless and more intimating looking than the BP movie one and the fact the CW was shot in such heavy grey filter in comparison to the much crisper and brighter BP movie.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Question for the Fans:

Is AvX and its spin offs (AvX Vs #5, AvX: Consequences #1, A+X #3) essential Black Panther readings?

I am torn.

On one hand, the namor attack set off a ton of big BP moments that were used in later stories and are continued to be used.

On the other hand, it is a lot of story to read for what can essentially be summarized in like... 3 pages (namor floods wakanda, bp/storm divorce, bp/storm still love each other but can't work).

Thoughts? Should a reading guide just have AvX #8-9, AvX vs #5, A+X #3? or ommited all together and should only be read by "hardcores?"

Remember, quality of story means nothing, just its importance.
    If you are a BP completest then yes.

If you really like BP then no.

Why are there far more GIF's of T'Challa in the BP suit from CW than BP being posted? I'm mean objectively speaking. I see the spear throw, but outside of that (or the bad CGI fall) we really don't see it. The CW BP is flooded with GIFs and in truth this thread and many people were hyped off of how cool he looked. I'm talking nothing about how the Russos botched him vs. Black Widow and Hawkye. Just his overall presence.

Nothing added or not able to deliver a counterpoint. Hate to see it.
    Gif, of T'Challa with spear, T'Challa knocking away the border tribe, gif of him destroying the SUV, gif of him walking towards Erik arms out (usually accompanied with money raining down) gif of him arms crossed dropping out of the royal talon, him walking towards klaue while unsheathing his claws. Cw "I don't care", him first meeting with WS as hi pulls his claws out... What else?

Also there is nothing really to add to what you said by MoS because what you said doesn't need. "counterpoint" when it's just wrong

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    - thread is talking about cool new alt reality t'challa
    - it is positive
    - *oh shit, its time to throw shade at BP movie and praising russos to cause arguments inthere! can't have cheerfulness!*
    - immediately gets shut down in one sentence

You hate to see it.

YES!

YES!!
    So how would we like to see alt reality T'Challa show up? What interaction should he have with 616 Tchalla, the REAL T'Challa?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    So how would we like to see alt reality T'Challa show up? What interaction should he have with 616 Tchalla, the REAL T'Challa?
    There's already an alt reality BP in the comic. Can we get the real one to show up 1st?