Page 490 of 744 FirstFirst ... 390440480486487488489490491492493494500540590 ... LastLast
Results 7,336 to 7,350 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Lol, Coates does 1 "good" issue out of 40+ and everything is great again and all is forgiven.

So in 3 years we can look forward to another "good" issue, lol.

That will be about the same time as BP 2. Let me clear the calendar.
    every good issue you say it's the only good issue

Quote Originally Posted by RDMXV View Post
    every good issue you say it's the only good issue
    I never said it was a good issue. That's why it's in quotes.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

"Wakandans are warriors, not poets and philosophers"

Says who? The most advanced civilization on earth that doesnt have a war hungry country and warriors that are for self defense is going to be more prone to intellectual discussion than not. They arent a bunch of football players.
    Says Ramonda in Hudlin's run, "We are a warrior people".

Says almost every description of Wakanda, which describes it as a warrior nation.

Says the fact that the right to rule Wakanda and the Black Panther mantle is passed down through trial by combat.

Says Killmonger in the MCU film, "Its time they know who we are: we're warriors!"

I'm not saying Wakanda doesn't have poets and philosophers. I'm not saying they don't have scientists. But their culture is built on combat, war and national defence.

how much longer is this run?
    The J-man

"Wakandans are warriors, not poets and philosophers"

Says who?
    They slaughtered whole armies that came to their borders, leaving only one to tell the story to stay the hell away.

They can remove their king not by a vote, but by a fight.

They've had multiple armies come to their door steps, and they don't beat them by having philosphical discussions on the merits of war lol. They march out into an open field.

They are more mythological male fantasy black Sparta than mythological male fantasy black Athens.

The most advanced civilization on earth that doesnt have a war hungry country and warriors that are for self defense is going to be more prone to intellectual discussion than not. They arent a bunch of football players.

technologically advanced

technologically advanced

technologically advanced

Why do people continue leaving out that very very very important word that changes the whole meaning of the phrase?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Some of y'all Coates peeps are weird.

Actually had an issue a couple of us Coates haters didn't hate, we were actually discussing the issue, discussing the continuity, putting pieces together, ect. The very stuff yall Coates peeps say we never do in here. Even BKiss came in and **** didn't get out of hand lol!

And it was silent.

Someone criticizes it or the run and all of a sudden, people appear out of no where to defend lol.

lots of pot calling kettle black stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    how much longer is this run?
    Coates said 5 years so..... 1.5 years ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I'll say this for BKiss. Wolverine didnt even think about her when he died. What your talking about is a feat guys talk about when they go out drinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That's not even a feat. That just Coates wanting to write a solo bias. How is that an accomplishment. Lol.
    This thread took a weird turn lol.

Banging Storm is now a feat? Well let me run to the rumbles board real quick....

That is an incredibly weird way to look at it considering T'challa has got to be one of the most faithful men in comics. Dude gets in long relationships and stays loyal to a fault. Only time he has ever treated Storm like a booty call was when he thought the universe was toast. Dude is so loyal and nice he even had a chance to rewrite the marriage back with the reality stone and chose not to.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    "Feats" is a strange way to measure the quality of a book.
    Good thing a lot of us have also talked about pacing issues, character voice issues, character motivation issues, art issues, plot issues, and many other things.

But sure, go off man, focus on one aspect so you can feel intellectually superior, that you, Dude with Sentry as the avatar, judge cape comics on more than simple comic book things!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Showing the army all over the place effectively means that they're NOT short staffed because they have an army all over the place. It's situations where there is ZERO government assistance that you're really short handed.
    he said the army was stretched thin due to putting out all the fires of rebellion. How do you show that? By having the army all over the place trying to quell the rebellion, then you show instances where things slip through. Agaib Coates decided to set up the premise without bothering to actually put in the work of showing it

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

Says almost every description of Wakanda, which describes it as a warrior nation.

Says the fact that the right to rule Wakanda and the Black Panther mantle is passed down through trial by combat.

Says Killmonger in the MCU film, "Its time they know who we are: we're warriors!"

I'm not saying Wakanda doesn't have poets and philosophers. I'm not saying they don't have scientists. But their culture is built on combat, war and national defence.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They slaughtered whole armies that came to their borders, leaving only one to tell the story to stay the hell away.

They can remove their king not by a vote, but by a fight.

They've had multiple armies come to their door steps, and they don't beat them by having philosphical discussions on the merits of war lol. They march out into an open field.

They are more mythological male fantasy black Sparta than mythological male fantasy black Athens.

technologically advanced

technologically advanced

technologically advanced

Why do people continue leaving out that very very very important word that changes the whole meaning of the phrase?
    Yeah you don't stay unconquered using fancy words and philosophizing.

And people confuse warrior nation with war-mongering.

The Spartans were a warrior nation, they weren't war-mongerers.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 08-29-2019 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Some of y'all Coates peeps are weird.

Actually had an issue a couple of us Coates haters didn't hate, we were actually discussing the issue, discussing the continuity, putting pieces together, ect. The very stuff yall Coates peeps say we never do in here. Even BKiss came in and **** didn't get out of hand lol!

And it was silent.

Someone criticizes it or the run and all of a sudden, people appear out of no where to defend lol.

lots of pot calling kettle black stuff.

Coates said 5 years so..... 1.5 years ish.

This thread took a weird turn lol.

Banging Storm is now a feat? Well let me run to the rumbles board real quick....

That is an incredibly weird way to look at it considering T'challa has got to be one of the most faithful men in comics. Dude gets in long relationships and stays loyal to a fault. Only time he has ever treated Storm like a booty call was when he thought the universe was toast. Dude is so loyal and nice he even had a chance to rewrite the marriage back with the reality stone and chose not to.
    Because that's not exciting conversation to them, they don't want to discuss merits that we're okay with the book, they want to come in and act as though they are intellectually superior for "understanding the nuances of the book and what Coates is trying to get across" even though in reality, he is failing at it. Quite spectacularly. I see it this way, if this was a different writer who wrote the book the exact same way word for word panel for panel as Coates has, I think the topic would be a hell of a lot different. And there would be even more people disliking it. But since Coates is a literary writer this nonsense is mistaking for being deep

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Because that's not exciting conversation to them, they don't want to discuss merits that we're okay with the book, they want to come in and act as though they are intellectually superior for "understanding the nuances of the book and what Coates is trying to get across" even though in reality, he is failing at it. Quite spectacularly. I see it this way, if this was a different writer who wrote the book the exact same way word for word panel for panel as Coates has, I think the topic would be a hell of a lot different. And there would be even more people disliking it. But since Coates is a literary writer this nonsense is mistaking for being deep

Yeah, someone said that a lot of fans didn't like Coates BP because it was too cerebral. Don MacGregor was more wordy than Coates.

The book was just a dull read with a lot of things that didn't add up.

And for the record, I'm reading Coates' Captain America and he's doing a helluva job.

So for anyone calling people "Coates' haters", you're wrong.

I don't hate Coates, I dislike Coates' Black Panther. He doesn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I never said it was a good issue. That's why it's in quotes.
    LOL touche

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

What I'm saying is basically if a warrior went to the best school on earth how would he or she speak? I don't get the poor rural kid that's brainwashed at 18 when I think of the Dora Milaje

So, what is the theory about symbiote anyway?

Did is somehow absorb nukillmongers consciousness? Are we gonna find out how it didn't get blown to bits or is that off panel too? Is it gonna find regular killmongers body and resurrect him?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    he said the army was stretched thin due to putting out all the fires of rebellion. How do you show that? By having the army all over the place trying to quell the rebellion, then you show instances where things slip through. Agaib Coates decided to set up the premise without bothering to actually put in the work of showing it
    He DID show the army trying to quell the rebellion ... that's what was happening when he went to gave Tetu in the south. But because his forces were stretched thin they could not adequately protect the people in the north. The Doras ended up doing that. That's issue 3 in s nutshell.

LOL touche

What I'm saying is basically if a warrior went to the best school on earth how would he or she speak? I don't get the poor rural kid that's brainwashed at 18 when I think of the Dora Milaje
    I do think in comics they tend to have more exotic cultures, like Asgardians or Wakandans, speak in a more almost shakeshperean manner just sort of to convey that they're different and maybe give them a bit of mystique. We don't get tone in a comic, so it's hard to convey in just words. I think this was more a tool back in the day, but SOME comic writers now are still sort of used to it.