Page 497 of 744 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547597 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That sounds cool and science fictiony and all but what does that have to do with slavery and the middle passage though? That is where you get great comic stories from, slavery. duh
    Yeah, I feel bad now.

I guess we could link the Vibranium to cotton and get that slavery connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    And there is a logical explanation/reason for T'Challa being in space.

The Wakandan Science team sent a rocket probe into space during NA and at the end of SW.

The probe could have made contact with the Galactic empire which would have given T'Challa, Eden and a few red shirts a reason to go look for the probe.

They come into contact with the Skrullandans, a few red shirts get killed, T'Challa and Eden get captured and mind-wiped.
    Swap Eden for Kasper/Akili and Okoye and that would be cool. I honestly hate Eden being around, he has literally contributed nothing to the mythos other then take up panel space and that could go to Shuri, Okoye, etc.

But I like the idea. Makes a hell of a lot more sense then what we got. It's a throw back to Hudlins/JA skrulls infiltration/SWaD, and makes for a huge set up for the next arc

Amazing Member

Namor has been rumored for Black Panther II for some time now, most likely as the antagonist. I really didn't believe it for fear of rights complications with universal keeping this from happening, but since we can get a she-hulk tv show I think it's safe to say we could get Namor. So I ask you, Black Panther fans, would you want Namor as the villian? Love it, hate it, just tell me how you feel about this one. looking forward to hearing your thoughts, and as always, Praise be Feige.

The one constant throughout this whole Galactic empire thing is whiny mopey T'Challa.

There were posts awhile back about when was the last time T'Challa smiled and I can see why it was brought up.

Dude is in a constant state of mopey-ness.

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseBeFeige View Post
    Namor has been rumored for Black Panther II for some time now, most likely as the antagonist. I really didn't believe it for fear of rights complications with universal keeping this from happening, but since we can get a she-hulk tv show I think it's safe to say we could get Namor. So I ask you, Black Panther fans, would you want Namor as the villian? Love it, hate it, just tell me how you feel about this one. looking forward to hearing your thoughts, and as always, Praise be Feige.
    Nope. Too much baggage.

Now, if they want to swap Namor with Attuma ala' Black Panther's Quest then maybe.

I feel like neither Namor fans nor T'challa fans want Namor as the villain in BP2. It's mostly just people who've seen screencaps of Hickman's Avengers run.

I'm in the no catagory. FF needs a villain besides Doom for their relaunch.

And the Rumor comes from one source. "We got this covered" . Everyone else just spun off of that. Then BossLogic makes fan promo art and the two combined started a tornado effect.
    Last edited by Cville; 09-01-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I feel like neither Namor fans nor T'challa fans want Namor as the villain in BP2. It's mostly just people who've seen screencaps of Hickman's Avengers run.
    You are correct. No to Namor being in BP2. I'd rather they continue to build up BP's rogue and make them pop culture household names like they did Killmonger. That will ultimately be better for the brand and franchise.
    Last edited by Shadey; 09-01-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Can't say I'd love or hate it... but certainly there is history between the characters, and you can tell a good story between them given their parallels as heroes and kings. Namor, like T'Challa is a very versatile character who can show up in a lot of places. He works in a BP, or an XMen story or an Avenger story, or almost anything else.

If Coogler wants to use him and has a story to tell, I'm certain we'll get something cool.

Nope. Too much baggage.

Now, if they want to swap Namor with Attuma ala' Black Panther's Quest then maybe.

Seriously, tho: My big issue with using Namor as a villain is that it's entirely based on "Well, it happened in the comics!". It pre-supposes that MCU!Namor, when he appears, will be indistinguishable from the comics version, and his interactions with T'Chadwick will be identical to those in Hickman's run.

So, rather than telling a unique story (like _all_ of the other MCU films) it's asking for a fairly strict adaptation. And I seriously doubt that's what Coogler has in mind.

(You can say the same thing about Doom, BTW).

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post

Seriously, tho: My big issue with using Namor as a villain is that it's entirely based on "Well, it happened in the comics!". It pre-supposes that MCU!Namor, when he appears, will be indistinguishable from the comics version, and his interactions with T'Chadwick will be identical to those in Hickman's run.

So, rather than telling a unique story (like _all_ of the other MCU films) it's asking for a fairly strict adaptation. And I seriously doubt that's what Coogler has in mind.

(You can say the same thing about Doom, BTW).
    I think everyone understands by this point that we never really get a strict adaptation of anything in the MCU. Even stories with the same villain and the same title, like Age of Ultron and Infinity War, are loose adaptations to the point where you can argue it's just using the name.

I do believe it's important they try and capture the proper spirit of the character... but as far as strictly following any given storyline, they're not really going to try and I don't think too many people are expectng them too. Frankly it would be nearly impossible even if they tried as fitting most stories in a 2 hour movie just doesn't work.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Lately I've been having a feeling that Namor might be the villain of the film. I just can't shake it, but it may be me trying to preemptively prepare for it should it actually happen.

But to echo other sentiments, I don't want Namor either. I'd rather have Achebe which I think Coogler has set up perfectly, though Infinity War and Endgame may have complicated things a bit.

Amazing Member

Nope. Too much baggage.

Was Avenger's Assemble a good show? Ive never seen it so I just don't know how I feel about that particular storyline, and frankly I'm no expert on Attuma. Could someone educate me on Avenger's Assemble and Attuma? Thanks.

Amazing Member

I think Namor deserves his own solo movie personally, as he isn't really a super-villian. I fear pitting him against T'Challa would result in him being watered down (lol) to just a generic baddie. He is such a complex character with so much history that he deserves the spotlight. So much cooler than Aquaman.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I'm in the no catagory. FF needs a villain besides Doom for their relaunch.

And the Rumor comes from one source. "We got this covered" . Everyone else just spun off of that. Then BossLogic makes fan promo art and the two combined started a tornado effect.
    I was unaware of that, thank you for the heads up. I need to check my sources more often. Something that has been super frustrating as of late is that everyone believes weve lost spider-man, yet neither Marvel Studios or Sony Pictures have made any official statements. Everything weve heard claiming that the rights have reverted back to Sony and Sony alone has been a third party news outlet. Ill believe hes gone when Disney or Sony makes an official statement on the matter. Until then...I have hope.