Page 503 of 744 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504505506507513553603 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    I am not sure why there is so much gloom for Namor being in Black Panther 2. There are plenty of Namor vs BP stories (i.e. Rise, Priest Run, Defenders, etc.) that Coogler could pull from. I just hope they flush out Atlantis a bit in Eternals so the whole BP movie is not spent on Atlantis & Namor.
    Rise- two pages of misunderstanding maybe

Priest- 2 pages

Kiber Island- not really a compelling story. Just namor being a hot head

You are exaggerating the older "fights". The most significant disagreement was AvX into hickmans run by far. That is why no one wants this.

Plus taking screentime away from the GOAT cast.

And i really doubt they waste time with atlantis in eternsls. Namor and Atlantis sinply isnt a big money maker nc they dont own the solo rights. Why waste all this set up across multiple movies for a character they cant even proft from?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Also, one thing we need to realize is that Nate Moore is NOT going to want to send a massive tidal wave to destroy Wakanda. Moore is the same man who was against killing T'Challa in Infinity War, which was before Marvel Studios knew the movie would be a big hit. After getting over a billion dollars and a nomination for best picture, Marvel will be a little more sensitive to the Black Panther franchise. Moore & Coogler both know black audiences don't want to see Wakndans drowning in Black Panther 2, especially after waiting 4 years for the movie to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Priest- 2 pages

You are exaggerating the older "fights". The most significant disagreement was AvX into hickmans run by far. That is why no one wants this.

And i really doubt they waste time with atlantis in eternsls. Namor and Atlantis sinply isnt a big money maker nc they dont own the solo rights. Why waste all this set up across multiple movies for a character they cant even proft from?
    The portion in bold is simply not true. BP fought Namor & Atlantis went against Wakanda as well in Strum Un Drag.

Also, the MCU could do their own version of the Kiber Island incident and make it a compelling story.

Moore, Coogler, & Feige could combine all the stories you just mentioned into their own compelling MCU movie. I would think adding Zanda would help the story as well. She could possibly be pitting the two countries against each other.

A lot of material to work with using Namor.

The formation of Atlantis involves the Celestials, so it would not be a bad idea to mention them in the Eternal.

I just hope the fan boy in Feige doesn't run a muck lol
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 09-02-2019 at 07:18 PM.

And regarding Namor not being much of a money maker, to be quite honest neither was Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man. But that didn't stop Marvel Studios from trying.

One big reason I don't think Marvel will let Namor & Atlantis mess up Wakanda is because they don't own the rights, so why let him trash a major franchise hero that they do own.
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 09-02-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Both Namor and Doom should be saved for the FF. Especially Doom. Without Reed Richards there as contrast, Doom is nothing.

I'm honestly not sure if Killmonger and M'Baku were far above C-list before the movie, speaking purely in terms of level of awareness.

Marvel has definitely shown willingness to go for obscure characters before – though, the obvious examples I can think of don't inspire confidence. Malekith, Whiplash, Kaecilius, Taserface...
    Sure, you can argue Killmonger and M'Baku were C listers. But they along with Klaw are considered T'Challa's primary enemies. So there's a certain degree of obligation to using them. Beyond those 3... I'm not sure it matters. Though that's just my opinion. At this point Coogler can use whoever and I'm not sure it really matters.

Really, I think it's a simple matter of Coogler using whomever the heck he wants to use (which whatever parameter marvel allows him of course).

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Or we could just keep Black Panther as the 'African James Bond' franchise it was imagined to be

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Priest- 2 pages

Honestly, the most successful portrayal of conflict between Atlantis and Wakanda is Black Panther's Quest. I probably would be much more down on something like that before I saw that show.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

And regarding Namor not being much of a money maker,
    This is 100% a rights issue, not a popularity issue.

Doesn't matter how popular namor could theoretically be if they can't franchise him.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

This is 100% a rights issue, not a popularity issue.

Doesn't matter how popular namor could theoretically be if they can't franchise him.
    Since Namor is not fully owned by Marvel Studios and BP is, why would they use Namor to trash Panther & Wakanda?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sure, you can argue Killmonger and M'Baku were C listers. But they along with Klaw are considered T'Challa's primary enemies. So there's a certain degree of obligation to using them. Beyond those 3... I'm not sure it matters. Though that's just my opinion. At this point Coogler can use whoever and I'm not sure it really matters.

Really, I think it's a simple matter of Coogler using whomever the heck he wants to use (which whatever parameter marvel allows him of course).
    It does Matter, because franchise health relies on those who inhabit it, if you need to start borrowing other villains or heroes into the franchise then it means it's lacking and can't sustain itself without a draw from ab exterior source

Since Namor is not fully owned by Marvel Studios and BP is, why would they use Namor to trash Panther & Wakanda?
    That is what I am saying. It doesn't make any sense.

I can't believe we're here debating about whether Namor should be in BP2 when we have Goon Slam Garry and Back Hand Barry waiting to make their MCU debut.

C'mon people, get serious!

#GoonSlamPhiSlammaJamma
    #BackHandDaManWakandan

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It does Matter, because franchise health relies on those who inhabit it, if you need to start borrowing other villains or heroes into the franchise then it means it's lacking and can't sustain itself without a draw from ab exterior source
    Tell that to the people asking for Mephisto to show up.

Like I said though, I'm fine with Coatee's doing whatever. I'm sure it'll work with whatever villains he wants to use.
    Last edited by XPac; 09-03-2019 at 04:12 PM.

Because comics, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Because comics, basically.
    I think one of the big differences between marvel studios and some of their peers like Sony and Fox is they have comic book fan boys making the movies. And while that doesn't mean we get exact translations of the comics on the big screen, I do think it means there's a bunch of stuff from the comics that they wanna see in the movies just as much as we do

In other words yeah ... because comics.