Page 508 of 744 FirstFirst ... 8408458498504505506507508509510511512518558608 ... LastLast
Results 7,606 to 7,620 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It's a woman who's been murdered.

And it's Tony Starks' fault only he doesn't remember it.

And the victim is…

My interest in this storyline.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Can't have that, sounds too fun.
    Silly me for forgetting what the rules are

Do we know what the storyline of this is supposed to be about.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    So this is something I've been playing around in my head for some time. My line of thinking was more "Greatest Warrior on Earth" and more of T'Challa rediscovering who he is and what his purpose is in the world. It's based on a lot of things, like KotD, Liss' run, some MCU concepts and pretty much any bit of BP lore you can think of.

The first part is T'Challa having noticed he has been many things--king, Avenger, vigilante, world destroyer--he wants to find out who he really is again, so he goes on a spiritual journey quest in the Ancestral Plane or whatever you want to call it. In it he has to beat past Black Panthers in selected challenges, like a fight, a hunt, a race, a game, a riddle, an experiment, or a debate. This is inspired by how KotD apparently states T'Challa has the knowledge and strengths of past BPs, but let's actually see how that happened. He'll have to relive Wakanda's most fateful moments, face their greatest minds and warriors, or faced with choices that are meant to reshape his character. Further more he'll face other challenges that will either see to Wakanda's end or their continued survival. If T'Challa wins all the challenges then he's shown mastery over every element that is expected of him as king. The whole thing can be a test of sorts organised by Bast, and she'll be the final boss. When he wins over her in whatever way he's supposed to, Bast then declares to the cosmos that T'Challa is her champion, the greatest warrior on Earth, and to T'Challa's surprise he will be representing Earth (or just Wakanda) in a cosmic game organised by several deities--known to Earth or alien--in which their champions must all face each other, one way or the other.
    Dude, Make this into a maxi series MINIMUM. I like that, I like the title of greatest warrior, as it's distinct it doesn't step on the toes of Martial artist and it's just cool
    It's a challenge that gives kotd meaning and T'Challa agency. I am onboard for it

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    So this is something I've been playing around in my head for some time. My line of thinking was more "Greatest Warrior on Earth" and more of T'Challa rediscovering who he is and what his purpose is in the world. It's based on a lot of things, like KotD, Liss' run, some MCU concepts and pretty much any bit of BP lore you can think of.

The first part is T'Challa having noticed he has been many things--king, Avenger, vigilante, world destroyer--he wants to find out who he really is again, so he goes on a spiritual journey quest in the Ancestral Plane or whatever you want to call it. In it he has to beat past Black Panthers in selected challenges, like a fight, a hunt, a race, a game, a riddle, an experiment, or a debate. This is inspired by how KotD apparently states T'Challa has the knowledge and strengths of past BPs, but let's actually see how that happened. He'll have to relive Wakanda's most fateful moments, face their greatest minds and warriors, or faced with choices that are meant to reshape his character. Further more he'll face other challenges that will either see to Wakanda's end or their continued survival. If T'Challa wins all the challenges then he's shown mastery over every element that is expected of him as king. The whole thing can be a test of sorts organised by Bast, and she'll be the final boss. When he wins over her in whatever way he's supposed to, Bast then declares to the cosmos that T'Challa is her champion, the greatest warrior on Earth, and to T'Challa's surprise he will be representing Earth (or just Wakanda) in a cosmic game organised by several deities--known to Earth or alien--in which their champions must all face each other, one way or the other.
    I like it more as an alternative to Liss' run. If he stayed in the coma all the way up until he got his KoTD powers and the journey you described is what he went through.

Ture found he synopsis for the Shuri novel.

Shuri is getting her own book.

The Black Panther character brought to life in Marvel movies by Letitia Wright will be at the center of Shuri, a middle-grade novel written by Nic Stone (Dear Martin).

Shuri will kick off a multiyear partnership between Scholastic and Marvel to introduce new original stories featuring Marvel superheroes to young readers. The second book in this collaboration will launch a series: Avengers Assembly, by Preeti Chhibber.

“Marvel’s characters mean so much to our fans because they inspire us to embrace our individual power,” Sana Amanat, vice president of content and character development at Marvel, said in a statement. “As the first title we’re launching with Scholastic, Shuri is the perfect character to highlight this message. She may be a Wakandan princess, but what makes Shuri the ultimate hero is her unique sense of intelligence, responsibility, and determination, ideals that resonate with all of us.”

EW can exclusively reveal the synopsis for Shuri: “Starring one of the most beloved and respected characters in the Marvel Universe, Shuri: A Black Panther Novel follows Shuri as she races against time to rescue the nation of Wakanda. For centuries, the Chieftain of Wakanda (the Black Panther) has gained his powers through the juices of the Heart Shaped Herb, which grows only in Wakanda. Much like Vibranium, the Heart Shaped Herb is essential to the survival and prosperity of Wakanda. But something is wrong. The plants are no longer growing, and their supply is running short. It’s up to Shuri to travel from Wakanda in order to discover what is killing the Herb, and how she can save it.”

Stone made a memorable debut in 2017 with her New York Times best-selling YA novel Dear Martin; she’s since written Odd One Out and Jackpot, the latter of which publishes Oct. 15.

“The first time I saw Black Panther, I fell hard for the witty STEM genius girl who totally stole the whole show (don’t @ me). As I left the theater, all I could think about was how amazing it would be to one day write a book about her, a la Jason Reynolds’ Miles Morales,” Stone told EW in a statement. “Imagine my shock eight months later when I received an email asking if I’d be interested in doing just that. I literally screamed in an airport. Getting to work on this project has been a dream come true.”

Shuri will hit shelves in summer 2020.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Ture found he synopsis for the Shuri novel.

Shuri is getting her own book.

The Black Panther character brought to life in Marvel movies by Letitia Wright will be at the center of Shuri, a middle-grade novel written by Nic Stone (Dear Martin).

Shuri will kick off a multiyear partnership between Scholastic and Marvel to introduce new original stories featuring Marvel superheroes to young readers. The second book in this collaboration will launch a series: Avengers Assembly, by Preeti Chhibber.

“Marvel’s characters mean so much to our fans because they inspire us to embrace our individual power,” Sana Amanat, vice president of content and character development at Marvel, said in a statement. “As the first title we’re launching with Scholastic, Shuri is the perfect character to highlight this message. She may be a Wakandan princess, but what makes Shuri the ultimate hero is her unique sense of intelligence, responsibility, and determination, ideals that resonate with all of us.”

EW can exclusively reveal the synopsis for Shuri: “Starring one of the most beloved and respected characters in the Marvel Universe, Shuri: A Black Panther Novel follows Shuri as she races against time to rescue the nation of Wakanda. For centuries, the Chieftain of Wakanda (the Black Panther) has gained his powers through the juices of the Heart Shaped Herb, which grows only in Wakanda. Much like Vibranium, the Heart Shaped Herb is essential to the survival and prosperity of Wakanda. But something is wrong. The plants are no longer growing, and their supply is running short. It’s up to Shuri to travel from Wakanda in order to discover what is killing the Herb, and how she can save it.”

Stone made a memorable debut in 2017 with her New York Times best-selling YA novel Dear Martin; she’s since written Odd One Out and Jackpot, the latter of which publishes Oct. 15.

“The first time I saw Black Panther, I fell hard for the witty STEM genius girl who totally stole the whole show (don’t @ me). As I left the theater, all I could think about was how amazing it would be to one day write a book about her, a la Jason Reynolds’ Miles Morales,” Stone told EW in a statement. “Imagine my shock eight months later when I received an email asking if I’d be interested in doing just that. I literally screamed in an airport. Getting to work on this project has been a dream come true.”

Shuri will hit shelves in summer 2020.
    Hmm, should get the blood and hype flowing for the Black Panther sequel, and speaking of Shuri in other media, are we still getting that Marvel Rising special that was supposed to center around her?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

So original sin?
    Whos the winged chick?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So original sin?
    Whos the winged chick?
    Jane Foster the new Valkyrie

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    still not sure why Marvel did this.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Because her character sold well enough (I assume) that they want to keep Aaron happy. They don't want to lose him to DC.

What _I_ don't understand is why Aaron felt the need to kill off all the other Valkyrie first.

Someone get Kasper Cole on the case!

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Oh yeah. Weird angle

Jane got popular but they had to give Thor his title/hammer/name back eventually, trying to see if Jane can sell without the Thor title.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Because her character sold well enough (I assume) that they want to keep Aaron happy. They don't want to lose him to DC.

What _I_ don't understand is why Aaron felt the need to kill off all the other Valkyrie first.
    New Highlander rule applied?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    New Highlander rule applied?
    More like they have a "name" you can easily transfer to Jane but not such a big name that anyone cares about her/them, and really, asguardian angel things are relatively easy to resurrect if needed once the story plays out.

Hell, just gotta keep Jane around for a few more years when Love and Thunder comes out and she will be weilding Mjolnir again anyway while Thor magically gets a big hammer axe thing lol

I suppose they had to do something with her.

From what I understand her Thor book actually outsold the regular Thor under Aaron, so they had a character who they could potentially do something with ESPECIALLY if she were going to star in the next Thor movie.

Easier thing I suppose might be to just keep her Thor... but some fans wanted the original to get his name back. I guess making her Valkrie is sort of a compromise. Though like many compromises, it probably doesn't do a great job making anyone entirely happy about the situation.