Page 547 of 744 FirstFirst ... 47447497537543544545546547548549550551557597647 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 11160
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That can be the challenge of putting a character like Storm in a story. Written to her full potential, she can overshadow the rest of the people in the room as far as big action feats go (which is why Aaron just had T'Challa hand Storm and spear and had her poke people with it in See Wakanda and Die).

That said, in the grand scheme of things Storm dealt with a couple nameless faceless red shirts. It gave her something to do... but it ultimately wasn't that important to the story. And again, it's the first thing she's really done anything in like a year and a half. So all things considered, I don't think this was that much of a problem.

Please continue to speak nothin but the truth. It was beautiful and awesome to see but it didnt address the big bad which is the symbiote.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I don't think so. The original explorers went two thousand years into the past. Then Tchalla went approx. 10 years into the past. By the time he made contact with Earth, he had passed the time he left plus a few weeks or months. That's what I've been getting from the way its been laid out.
    Nakia and Eden never went back with Tchalla to the past. The galatic portal is what also allowed for them to jump to the past in the first place.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Because she is getting significant action sequences. And this isn't the first time. Meanwhile Tchalla gets mopey, one or two karate moves, and being talked about how good of a fighter pilot he is, but never showcased on the scale that Storm is portrayed.
    Tchalla could never be shown doing something like ororo by himself. All the tech was down how exactly would tchalla have handled a fleet of invaders with no technology? What could have done for those people at that moment facing the threat they had been faced with?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Please continue to speak nothin but the truth. It was beautiful and awesome to see but it didnt address the big bad which is the symbiote.

Nakia and Eden never went back with Tchalla to the past. The galatic portal is what also allowed for them to jump to the past in the first place.
    Right, Nakia and Eden are in the present, but they're multiple galaxies away. Which is what the bridge is for. If they were in the future, there'd be no point in talking to them, Tchalla could just go to the location of the Empire in the present and stop it from ever forming.

Tchalla could never be shown doing something like ororo by himself. All the tech was down how exactly would tchalla have handled a fleet of invaders with no technology? What could have done for those people at that moment facing the threat they had been faced with?
    Remember when they said he destroyed a third of a fleet of panel? That would have been the time to show it on panel.

Right, Nakia and Eden are in the present, but they're multiple galaxies away. Which is what the bridge is for. If they were in the future, there'd be no point in talking to them, Tchalla could just go to the location of the Empire in the present and stop it from ever forming.
    they are on the moon base... what moon in the present has full civilization?

Remember when they said he destroyed a third of a fleet of panel? That would have been the time to show it on panel.
    and how did he do that?

they are on the moon base... what moon in the present has full civilization?

and how did he do that?
    They're on a moon on the Imperial side of the gate. Which is why Storm used the galactic gateway to get there.

How he did it is the right question to ask. Editorial needs to talk to Coates about his Hickmanesq of panel writing style.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Again, given the fact that Storm hasn't really been in the book for over a year I don't think you have to worry too much about it being taken over by her. Or Thunderball or anyone else for that matter.

As far as the Emperor goes... I don't think he actually died.
    the fact that in 16 issues T'Challa was never shown cutting loose in such a spectacular manner and in one issue Storm has this epic multi panel showing tells you exactly what Coates thinks of the titular Character

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    And what some of us are saying, is that Storm has an entire line of X-titles wherein writers are more than welcome to have her strut her stuff within when they can be bothered to let her do so from behind all of the other mutants they have ahead of her 99.9% of the time.

This book is called Black Panther for a reason and not Storm & Friends barely featuring T'Challa.

There is no justifiable reason for Coates to have been given free reign to singlehandedly wreck the BP mythos for three years and counting and to suggest otherwise is "Namor Hahaha" level hilarious.
    I got you Maj I'll always get you for your namor laugh

T'Challa wants to get in on this too

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    the fact that in 16 issues T'Challa was never shown cutting loose in such a spectacular manner and in one issue Storm has this epic multi panel showing tells you exactly what Coates thinks of the titular Character
    The sooner Coates gets the frak off this book with his Storm fetish in tow, the better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I got you Maj I'll always get you for your namor laugh

T'Challa wants to get in on this too

May Bast's blessings forever be upon you and all your loved ones my esteemed brother.

Avengers and Agents of Wakanda BP fans, Avengers and Agents of Wakanda.

That other book just won't satisfy you.

3 years of meandering stories for a solo title have led to....nothing.

I used to rag on McGregor. I won't ever diss him again, not after the last 3 years of this mind-boggling wtfitbs.

but storm hasnt done a thing until this issue. how does one showing in issue 16 now equate to storm and BP?
    Imagine Storm gets her a solo book. I know that is hard but imagine it lol.

For 14 issues, Storm does nothing but mope and pontificate. They show her using some lightning on goons for a couple pages every 3rd issue. Other characters talk abotu how awesome she is, but they never show her doing anything but shoot lightning at goons and then mope. They even talk about this huuuuuuuge feat of her destroying 1000 enemies with a cool hurricane lightninig goddess power... but never show it. Just some people talking.

In issue 15, some no name character kills the main bad guy they have been teasing for over a year.

In issue 16, Storm leaves her.... ummm homeland to go on a spirtual walk in the deep jungle. During this spiritual walk, a huge invasion happens in her native Kenya, threatening everyone she cares about...

T'challa shows up with Okoye and single handidly takes them all out while the Kenyan people go on and on about how awesome T'challa and the Black Panther must be.

You can't sit here and go, "i'd be happy for T'challa! Great issue!" lol. Y'all Storm fans get pissed off about a TEAM BOOK Storm is in and she gets relegated to background lightning status. This is a SOLO book and its happening to the main character while other characters do all the cool ****.

Now imagine that same story happeing over and over for over 3 years.

That is the state of the Black Panther (notice, BLACK PANTHER, not STORM AND BLACK PANTHER) fans in here.

If I was a Storm fan, hell yeah this issue was awesome. Acuna made her look like a powerhouse.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

I used to rag on McGregor. I won't ever diss him again, not after the last 3 years of this mind-boggling wtfitbs.
    I retroactively miss Maybery.

Can't believe I just said that lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    May Bast's blessings forever be upon you and all your loved ones my esteemed brother.
    Thank you for the kind words esteemed brother Maj! May these images forever cut through the haze of delusion that continues to show itself