Page 556 of 744 FirstFirst ... 56456506546552553554555556557558559560566606656 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,340 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    See I see it differently.

1. His sister was dead and she was brought back YET he regretted leaving her to die in the first place. He felt like he abandoned her. I can understand him being sad about that.

2. His mother was nearly killed and he went after the people who perpetuated the acts.

3. He was happy. He even expressed this to his mother shortly after date night. He felt like he could finally breathe. This was the issue where Eden transport Tchalla to Ororo when she was headmistress.

4. Again, there was definitely a period where he was happy but how could he celebrate when his nation was still at threat from Sefako and then also from Klaw??

5. He was very happy and wanted more from Ororo but she shut it down and said they dont need labels. I mean if you were a man that wanted to make your lover your official gf only for her to respond with not having labels, could you not understand how that would deflate any excitement he would have had?

6. Why would he celebrate when he knows there are still so many who are still suffering btw because of a decision he made to send some explorers into space.

7. He shouldn't. He has a lot on his shoulders and hes figuring his way through this. He will come out on top.
    Again, for 36+ issues?

I'm going to give you an analogy, this is my view of things:

I tell you the whole house is on fire. You tell me no, the house is burning but the bathroom isn't on fire.

There is no joy in T'Challa, He is morose, full of self-doubt, uninspired and uninspiring.

He should be giving hope. He should be inspiring people. He should be someone that people look up to.

Yeah, he can have down days no doubt. For 36 issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I don't. He's seen the end of the universe and is one of the few people who can talk about it. He stares down Galactus without flinching and is able to bring gods(tiger god) under his control. He can be reflective, but mopey won't cut it.

Thinking about why he sent the team out in the first place, its explained that he was worried about his enemies getting Vb. He already has a kill switch for it so it's not really a threat.
    Then Storm tells the reader that he is really just running away from responsibility when he decided to go investigate.

So this whole arc us built on paranoia and cowardice.
    I disagree. I don't care how many times you stare down Galaxy is ... If you lose your sister and wife, life is going to suck. Reed has probably stared down Galaxy is more than every other hero in the MU combined, but if Sue were to leave him that would be a million times worse. It's not the same thing.

Tchalla did his best to keep a poker face on, but he was hurting at the start of the first season, as anyone would be in his position.

Incredible Member

Spider man 3 before bp2 smh

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

I saw where someone posted this in the Cap thread.
    They make a good team up:

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I disagree. I don't care how many times you stare down Galaxy is ... If you lose your sister and wife, life is going to suck. Reed has probably stared down Galaxy is more than every other hero in the MU combined, but if Sue were to leave him that would be a million times worse. It's not the same thing.

Tchalla did his best to keep a poker face on, but he was hurting at the start of the first season, as anyone would be in his position.
    His sister was not dead. He know this because he knows Thanos got out. Maybe if he included Wakandan scientists in the process of getting her out, he wouldn't have had to mop around about it.

He was willing to let Klaw kill his mother to protect Wakanda and his mother was proud of him.

These aren't average people we're dealing with.

His sister was not dead. He know this because he knows Thanos got out. Maybe if he included Wakandan scientists in the process of getting her out, he wouldn't have had to mop around about it.

He was willing to let Klaw kill his mother to protect Wakanda and his mother was proud of him.

These aren't average people we're dealing with.
    Whatever you want to call the stare of Shuri, he lost her and was having difficulty dealing with that. As anyone would.

I agree Tchalla isn't an average person ... doesn't mean he's immune to feeling bad over losing loved ones.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I thought Tchalla was unhappy in the first and third seasons, justifiably so given the circumstances. But I don't agree he was mopey in the second season. He seemed genuinely happy to be with Storm again.
    exactly. I dont think a case can be made he has been unhappy the entire time coates has wrote him.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Whatever you want to call the stare of Shuri, he lost her and was having difficulty dealing with that. As anyone would.

I agree Tchalla isn't an average person ... doesn't mean he's immune to feeling bad over losing loved ones.
    But he didn't lose any. The technique is called the living death. Emphasis on the "living". Its more of a puzzle than a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Spider man 3 before bp2 smh
    Marvel has reason to rush Spider-Man. Making mcu Spider-Man films is like building your house on the side of a cliff ... You never know when it's going to give way.

But he didn't lose any. The technique is called the living death. Emphasis on the "living". Its more of a puzzle than a loss.
    We'll have to agree to disagree over Tchalla feeling bad over his sister being trapped in the living death because they decided he should leave her for dead for no reason whatsoever in TRO. He felt like crap over that, and frankly he should IMO.

We'll have to agree to disagree over Tchalla feeling bad over his sister being trapped in the living death because they decided he should leave her for dead for no reason whatsoever in TRO. He felt like crap over that, and frankly he should IMO.
    Why? She chose to stay. Was he supposed to drag her away against her will?

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post

I don't know why they haven't done more team-ups with BP and Cap. It practically writes itself.

Why? She chose to stay. Was he supposed to drag her away against her will?
    If that keeps her alive then YES. If Shuri in a badly written moment of cowardice wants to essentially commit suicide, Tchalla should feel like an @$$ for giving her the thumbs up and leaving her to her fate.

People sacrificing their lives for the greater good is sometimes an occupational hazard. But dying for absolutely nothing is a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post

Even though Hickman revealed Reed to be Tchallas "brother" I always felt like Steve was Tchallas best super hero friend. I hope we get more interaction between them. With Coates writibg both books, we'll probably get more down the line.

If that keeps her alive then YES. If Shuri in a badly written moment of cowardice wants to essentially commit suicide, Tchalla should feel like an @$$ for giving her the thumbs up and leaving her to her fate.

People sacrificing their lives for the greater good is sometimes an occupational hazard. But dying for absolutely nothing is a different matter.
    For me, the only things he should feel bad about is not telling her about the end of the universe and brining Thanos, Terrax, and Black Swan back to WK. All that should have been at an offsite base.