Page 557 of 744 FirstFirst ... 57457507547553554555556557558559560561567607657 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,355 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, Morlun was a one shot. But in that one he took over then killed the lion cult after possibly retconning the lion god into a Spiderman rogue, before he invades Wakanda and murders Mbaku and the majority of Tchallas male supporting cast. And thats in the same story where he gave Doom, another non BP villain, the biggest most one sided defeat of BPs life. A loss BP spent the better part of a decade recovering from.

Did a BP rogue do anything even remotely close to what Morlun or Doom did in Hudlins run? Did BP rogues even do anything at all notable m that entire run?

Really the only actual BP rogue he bothered giving any spotlight to was Killmonger, before he was defeated and killed not by Tchalla but my Spectrum, a non BP character who Wakandans also seemed to think was a goddess. Just saying.
    Thing is, with Doom there was more to that story then what we got. I. Fact, if Hudlin was allowed to stay on the book and it not go to Mayberry, we would of had T'Challa give Doom the worst beating of his life and then on top of that, lead into a BP centered event. This has been confirmed by Hudlin himself and as for Monica killing Erik. T'Challa wasn't trying to kill him it would of been different if he was and just got his ass beat, or if they didn't even fight and Monica just killed him. But he was buying time and was holding his own.

AbAndd even with what you said you know the difference between Hudlin and Coates? Hudlin spent years and multiple arcs showcasing tchalla getting solid wins, and getting the spotlight, that when he shows someone else get the win, well he did alot of setting up that T'Challa is top dog still. Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Thing is, with Doom there was more to that story then what we got. I. Fact, if Hudlin was allowed to stay on the book and it not go to Mayberry, we would of had T'Challa give Doom the worst beating of his life and then on top of that, lead into a BP centered event. This has been confirmed by Hudlin himself and as for Monica killing Erik. T'Challa wasn't trying to kill him it would of been different if he was and just got his ass beat, or if they didn't even fight and Monica just killed him. But he was buying time and was holding his own.

AbAndd even with what you said you know the difference between Hudlin and Coates? Hudlin spent years and multiple arcs showcasing tchalla getting solid wins, and getting the spotlight, that when he shows someone else get the win, well he did alot of setting up that T'Challa is top dog still. Just saying
    I remembered that those issues had the Dark Reign banner on them. Cross pollination was the standard during that time.

The issue I was arguing was not Tchalla or someone else getting wins ... rather its a BP writer, be it Hudlin or Coates, using non BP rogues instead of building up the existing rogues gallery.

The only BP rogue Hudlin bothered giving any good showing to was Killmonger, right before he killed him off. For pretty much the rest of the run, he focused on non BP villains, with Doom and Morlun getting the big showings.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

I saw where someone posted this in the Cap thread.
    Dude can I just say I love how in avengers the accent's are being used? Solar flare, consecrated ba and now celestial energy putting accent's on the habit? This can work for me in terms of showing the details, it also shows us readers when T'Challa is doing cool isht

The issue I was arguing was not Tchalla or someone else getting wins ... rather its a BP writer, be it Hudlin or Coates, using non BP rogues instead of building up the existing rogues gallery.

The only BP rogue Hudlin bothered giving any good showing to was Killmonger, right before he killed him off. For pretty much the rest of the run, he focused on non BP villains, with Doom and Morlun getting the big showings.
    Klaw had a good showing.

Zanda had a better showing than under Priest

Hudlin doesn't like M'baku

Most of McGregor villains were Killmonger henchmen and based on the way he writes Wakanda Solomon Prey was off the table.

BANNED

Well if you want to engage in serious conversation, leave the "sad "(C'mon, was that even necessary to make your point?) attitude at the door.

The same talking points you bring up about BP fans are the same things happening in the Storm thread and any other appreciation thread where fans feels that the characters aren't being done the they way they feel is right.

This thread has a long history of praising and criticizing any creative team on BP so that won't stop anytime soon. Why do we continually critique something we don't like? To let the PTB know that we don't blindly accept whatever they put out just because we like the character. Sometimes, silence is consent. If you don't say anything, then they assume everything must be good and will continue to feed your garbage. Believe me, word is getting back to these creators. Whether that changes anything or not, we've let our opinions be known.

In order to properly critique any material, you need to read it. If it's good, you need to speak to what's good about it and if it's garbage, the same applies. We had one BP "fan" who used to post here and would criticize a particular BP writer. He/she would say all kinds of nonsense and we eventually found out that this poster never even read the stuff he/she was criticizing. They flat out admitted it.

And you don't have to pay for it to read it. There are some LCS that will let you check out title or two without purchasing it.

Your post is not being taken poorly by me and I would welcome you to come back in this thread and bring up any points you like. I would be happy to keep the conversation going. And I would be more than happy to talk more Storm with you in her thread.

Thank you for engaging in the conversation.
    You sir, are a true gentleman and a scholar.

Dude can I just say I love how in avengers the accent's are being used? Solar flare, consecrated ba and now celestial energy putting accent's on the habit? This can work for me in terms of showing the details, it also shows us readers when T'Challa is doing cool isht
    It shows that T'Challa is the tech for the Avengers and doing some creative things.

I want to see what he'll do in AoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    You sir, are a true gentleman and a scholar.
    BCB, you know it's all love in the BP thread.

BANNED

Again, for 36+ issues?

I'm going to give you an analogy, this is my view of things:

I tell you the whole house is on fire. You tell me no, the house is burning but the bathroom isn't on fire.

There is no joy in T'Challa, He is morose, full of self-doubt, uninspired and uninspiring.

He should be giving hope. He should be inspiring people. He should be someone that people look up to.

Yeah, he can have down days no doubt. For 36 issues?
    He'd have to be the main character in his own book, for all of the things you've highlighted, to happen.

T'Challa hasn't been the main anything in this book since Coates arrival.

Most honest readers acknowledge this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    He'd have to be the main character in his own book, for all of the things you've highlighted, to happen.

T'Challa hasn't been the main anything in this book since Coates arrival.

Most honest readers acknowledge this.
    Yeah, this is the first solo ensemble book I've ever read.

It says Black Panther on the title but it reads like THE CREW with black panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    exactly. I dont think a case can be made he has been unhappy the entire time coates has wrote him.
    The case has been made on multiple occasions in this thread and remains sustainable when Coates run us compared to the BP runs that came before.

Anyone with even a passing knowledge of said previous runs would be cognisant if this.

BANNED

If that keeps her alive then YES. If Shuri in a badly written moment of cowardice wants to essentially commit suicide, Tchalla should feel like an @$$ for giving her the thumbs up and leaving her to her fate.

People sacrificing their lives for the greater good is sometimes an occupational hazard. But dying for absolutely nothing is a different matter.
    Describing Shuri staying behind to singlehandedly engage Proxima Midnight and her overwhelming forced in combat, isn't something that anyone would describe as being "cowardly" by any stretch of the unimagination.

But hey, any chance to diminish a character just for the hell of it as opposed to calling out the actual writer for crafting such a nonsensical sequence.

BANNED

It says Black Panther on the title but it reads like THE CREW with black panther.
    Coates remains a selectively biased one trick pony writer where T'Challa and the BP mythos are concerned.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I remembered that those issues had the Dark Reign banner on them. Cross pollination was the standard during that time.
    I just love your fact based posts my friend.

Can we even call it The Crew? The book was mostly about Misty and Storm. Everyone else was just side characters.