Page 558 of 744 FirstFirst ... 58458508548554555556557558559560561562568608658 ... LastLast
Results 8,356 to 8,370 of 11160
    BANNED

Thumbs up

There once was a King called T'Challa
    Whose entire mythos got flushed down the crapper
    By a writer who saw him as being anything but capable or dapper.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Can we even call it The Crew? The book was mostly about Misty and Storm. Everyone else was just side characters.
    A familiar theme where Coates deliberately sustained mistreatment of T'Challa's character has been concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Spider man 3 before bp2 smh
    Lol what do you expect?

Spider-Man is Marvel's golden child. It is funny we are getting 2 spiderman movies before a second bp movie but it's all due to the Sony-Marvel deal which entails that a spider-man movie has to be made every 2 years.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 09-27-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It shows that T'Challa is the tech for the Avengers and doing some creative things.

I want to see what he'll do in AoW.
    Exactly, I love how's he very much chess master T'Challa, not at grandmaster chess player like priest but a solid second. But I actually legit like how they use the accent's and how the habit doesn't look like a Shadow with eyeballs.

Marvel Rising: Operation Shuri introduces the fan-favorite character Shuri, voiced by Daisy Lightfoot (Marvel Avengers: Black Panther’s Quest) to the Marvel Rising universe in a 22-minute animated special. The lives of the Secret Warriors are turned upside down when faced with their latest mission: hang out with Shuri, the Crown Princess of Wakanda, and show her what it’s like to be an ordinary teenager. But nothing’s ordinary when you’re dealing with one of the smartest and most famous people on the planet.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Gonna be curious to see how this one goes. Also, thanks to the poster who shared the 2099 variant cover for Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda. Makes me really want to see a more fleshed-out take on what Black Panther and Wakanda would have evolved into by that era. Somehow, I'm seeing the Hatut Zeraze of 2099, as well as Black Panther 2099 him- or herself, in vibranium exoskeletons reminiscent of Metal Gear Solid's Cyborg Ninja, but infused with Wakandan design, and Wakanda 2099 as a borderline techno-utopia to counter the rest of the 2099 setting's techno-dystopia.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Again, for 36+ issues?

I'm going to give you an analogy, this is my view of things:

I tell you the whole house is on fire. You tell me no, the house is burning but the bathroom isn't on fire.

There is no joy in T'Challa, He is morose, full of self-doubt, uninspired and uninspiring.

He should be giving hope. He should be inspiring people. He should be someone that people look up to.

Yeah, he can have down days no doubt. For 36 issues?

he wasnt mopey the entirety of coates run and when he was there was reason for this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

he wasnt mopey the entirety of coates run and when he was there was reason for this.
    The first scene lasted about a half minute. He was back to the normal job. Like when you get that promotion thinking you'll be doing less work, but it turns out to be more. Lol.

Also that's a poor statement by his mom. Nobody forced him to be King or Black Panther. He had the choice.

We talked about co-dependency a week or so ago.
    Last edited by Cville; 09-27-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Whatever Marvel has planned for the 2099-Verse I hope they ignore the 2099 BP stuff from before and start from scratch.

This is what they should look like by then:

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Klaw had a good showing.

Zanda had a better showing than under Priest

Hudlin doesn't like M'baku

Most of McGregor villains were Killmonger henchmen and based on the way he writes Wakanda Solomon Prey was off the table.
    I guess losing to Storm in a cat fight at the mall is a slightly better showing than hiding out at a kfc drive thru. Not something that's going to get him a lot of bragging rights though.

As far as BP rogue go ... McGregor potentially are usable with a bit of a face lift. And most of Priests usable as is.

Of course maybe the best option might have been to make new rogues. BP could use a fewer a bit higher on the power scale.
    Last edited by XPac; 09-27-2019 at 10:26 PM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Whatever Marvel has planned for the 2099-Verse I hope they ignore the 2099 BP stuff from before and start from scratch.

This is what they should look like by then:

Honestly BP 2099 should probably go full transhumanism. I'd expect a BP of that time to be cybernetic or a cyborg of sorts (not like Cyborg though cause he sucks).

BP right now can already look like this. That's the thing about being a technologically advanced nation in a fictional universe. You can go futuristic already, and that's what Wakanda is. A nation of tribal customs with futuristic tech. BP 2099 needs to be extra futuristic to keep that idea going, or else it just feels like the rest of the world caught up.

So here's an idea.

I don't think the Griot thing quite works for Shuri (especially in light of how she's depicted in the MCU and other media). But maybe it could be given to another character? T'Challa to my knowledge doesn't really have a mystical ally so I think he could still benefit from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So here's an idea.

I don't think the Griot thing quite works for Shuri (especially in light of how she's depicted in the MCU and other media). But maybe it could be given to another character? T'Challa to my knowledge doesn't really have a mystical ally so I think he could still benefit from that.
    He has the old man whose name I can never remember. He survived the end if the universe on his own. Griot would suit him better.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So here's an idea.

Issue 16 teases it may have to get destroyed. May as well just do that and be done with it. It never served a purpose other then to undermine KotD and make Wakanda look like isht. Just get rid of it

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

Back to my analogy.

I tell you the whole house is on fire.

You tell me that's not true, the bathroom is not on fire.