Page 562 of 744 FirstFirst ... 62462512552558559560561562563564565566572612662 ... LastLast
Results 8,416 to 8,430 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Or mess things up if any of Coates rubbish makes into Coogler's head.
    Nah I don't think coogler will do anything like that. Coogler is smarter than that. He knows Coates nonsense is exactly the type of isht that Ike would out in there as well as all these backwards people that think 12 years a slave is the only movie that black people can star in

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Black Panther II: A Nation Under Our Feet

Lol this board will explode the day this gets announced.
    I would cry laughing at how furious the forum would be man. MCU BP is already too different from the book though so I don't think it would work besides vague similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by RDMXV View Post
    I would cry laughing at how furious the forum would be man. MCU BP is already too different from the book though so I don't think it would work besides vague similarities.
    Really none of the movies which are named after comic stories are anything close to exact translations. It would be impossible to create anything even remotely close to a multiple issue story in a 2 hour movie even if they tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The Black Panther 2 movie is coming out. Period. Doesn't matter to me what comes out before it. If people get caught up in these kinds of nit-picky things, then they're going to miserable.
    This would normally be where I would insert my rant about things "everybody knew" about BP1. I swear, I think some fans WANT to be miserable.

Black Panther II: A Nation Under Our Feet

Lol this board will explode the day this gets announced.
    Yeah, just like Captain America: Winter Soldier had the Red Skull possess a KGB general and Age of Ultron was a time travel story where Ultron conquered the world.

The MCU is SO fond of direct adaptations...

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Really none of the movies which are named after comic stories are anything close to exact translations. It would be impossible to create anything even remotely close to a multiple issue story in a 2 hour movie even if they tried.
    True, but I think setting Shuri up with powers would be a good move. The whole Democratization of wakanda thing could def wait though lol he's a bit too fresh on the throne for that I think.

Ultimate Member

I don't get how he can do a good Captain America and just dump a load on BP.
    It's called LEVELS OF EXPECTATIONS.

I can put whatever writer you can name good or bad-no store is going to NOT order the book. It would never sniff cancellation numbers. It would never NOT appear on a book store shelf or bins.

So Coates to a certain point can do what he wants. Because you rarely see a case of commentary about the book from folks who DON'T read it or those gators who make up stuff to flame fan rage.

When Coates started Panther did not have that advantage. To a certain point he does now. The Panther movie wave has helped. The issue is now that Coates is giving folks Hotel Rwanda and claiming it's Wakanda.

Despite all the better done books with black males as leads (Freeze, Resonant, Bitter Root and others) they are all under indie book labels. And we all know most fans thinks comics only matter if they have the Marvel or DC logo.

Until Luke Fox becomes Batman in 2020-there is not black male solo book at DC. Your choices among the big two is Panther and Miles.
    What is INTERESTING is every issue of Miles's book has had to go into not just second but even sixth printings. Panther has not.

Why is he doing it and Panther is not? There is no competition. If I count everybody Miles, Spawn & Savage Dragon are the only monthly.

So why is Panther not selling out?

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    How do is everyone feel with Marvel Studios releasing Spiderman 3 before Black Panther? Considering Spiderman 2 just came out.
    I'm actually fine with it. Get Spider-Man's stuff out of the way and then afterwards focus heavily on Black Panther. I'm probably one of the few who didn't care at all that Spider-Man was out of the MCU. I'm not a fan of the MCU Spider-Man (mostly because I don't like Tom Holland's portrayal of Peter Parker or Spider-Man) and plus I am not a fan of his costumes in these movies, especially the spider logos. Plus MCU Aunt May has a flat booty, unfortunately. I'll be happier when Sony takes Spider-Man back once and for all (IF that will happen).

I just want Spider-Man's stuff done and gone so that Black Panther can be a heavy part of the future of the MCU (if that's what Feige is still planning on having happen).

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Do you really need four years to get thing right?
    It depends on what you're trying to get done.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 09-28-2019 at 07:09 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Listened to the director's commentary and a few things stood out.

1. Hannah mentioned that the HSH and the death herb grow in Necropolis. I don't remember a death herb ever being mentioned in the movie unless she was referring to the HSH.
    Assuming that she was not mistaken, then I suppose that she was referring to the substance used to remove the Heart-Shaped Herb from T'Challa's body during his challenges for the throne. In other words, an herb that kills another herb.
    Last edited by XJlock; 09-28-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    This would normally be where I would insert my rant about things "everybody knew" about BP1. I swear, I think some fans WANT to be miserable.

Yeah, just like Captain America: Winter Soldier had the Red Skull possess a KGB general and Age of Ultron was a time travel story where Ultron conquered the world.

The MCU is SO fond of direct adaptations...
    I am saying when the title gets announced not when the synopsis gets released. But who knows, Coates may influence Coogler to make a direct adaptation just like what others have stated on this board or not.

I am saying when the title gets announced not when the synopsis gets released. But who knows, Coates may influence Coogler to make a direct adaptation just like what others have stated on this board or not.
    I doubt that. Coogler is smarter than that. He isn't going to take anything from Coates other then small stuff like how he did with the push and Ayos name

But why even go there if it didn't happen in the first movie? Why get worked up?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman come to mind.

BANNED

But why even go there if it didn't happen in the first movie? Why get worked up?
    Because, to some extent, it did.

Was there any evidence of T'Challa's genius level intellect on display in the BP movie?

Tony Stark, Hank Pym and Bruce Banner were all translated from the MU to the MCU with their genius intact and displayed within their respective movies.

T'Challa had his entire genius strip mined and ported over to his sister, Shuri who though a Physicist in her own right within comicbook lore, was never portrayed as being on her brothers level of genius.

One is left wondering why every other established male super genius in the MCU gets to keep their super genius intellect in the movies whilst T'Challa just got to be a glorified high tech Ninja?
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 09-29-2019 at 05:10 PM.

I had to watch the scene again, but it seems the implication is he made the Panther suit from Captain America: Civil War. When Shuri shows him his old suit to compare it to the new one she made, he says "My design." Short of him saying "I made it myself", I'm going to assume...he made it himself, maybe he used her lab but otherwise it was all him.

But that is sadly the only example of his genius we get, that I can think of. Tactician in how he beat Killmonger, there's that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Because, to some extent, it did.

Was there any evidence of T'Challa's genius level intellect on display in the BP movie?

Tony Stark, Hank Pym and Bruce Banner were all translated from the MU to the MCU with their genius intact and displayed within their respective movies.

T'Challa had his entire genius strip mined and ported over to his sister, Shuri who though a Physicist in her own right within comicbook lore, was never portrayed as being on her brothers level of genius.

One is left wondering why every other established male super genius in the MCU get to keep their super genius intellect in the movies whilst T'Challa just got to be a glorified high tech Ninja?
    But Coates didn't portray Shuri as a genius in his comic. If anything the movie is influencing the comic. Nakia? M'Baku? Shuri becoming more tech savvy? All of this was in the movie and is now working it's way back into the comics.

And in the movie, it was stated that T'Challa designed his first suit so it's not like he doesn't do tech.

I'm not going to work myself up about something that hasn't happened in the movie. All that speculation about the first movie and about 80-90% of it was wrong.