Page 598 of 744 FirstFirst ... 98498548588594595596597598599600601602608648698 ... LastLast
Results 8,956 to 8,970 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I agree. They shouldn't. But them hiding in the darkness doesn't exactly equate to them being a beacon of light either. People like MCU Killmonger aren't right... but as even MCU T'Challa admits Wakanda wasn't necessarily right either. But that's ultimately what makes the whole situation interesting I suppose.
    Here's the flaw with your argument. Your using MCU Wakanda as your argument and yes they didn't do anything at all. MU Wakanda did. They did it in secret but they did stuff behind the scenes. They didn't Want to go to war with the rest of the world. But they did stuff. And again they aren't colonizers and they are still a beacon, that was the whole point of Hickmans tro ending and the whole reason Lee and Kirby created BP and Wakanda. To be a beacon

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    So Coates is retconning the Panther Pavilion now? The souls of past BPs never lived in the Djalia otherwise T'Challa would've been knew about it.

That's what I was thinking. But it's the age we live in. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Can't Coates just destroy his stuff. He could have left the old BPs alone. Lol.
    He's gotta make an impact for his agenda. Damn the mythos, damn Black panther, damn the image it places for young Black boy's and girls, and damn what Wakanda means to black folks. As Erik said:

That's what Coates is doing. All for his message ™

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    He's gotta make an impact for his agenda. Damn the mythos, damn Black panther, damn the image it places for young Black boy's and girls, and damn what Wakanda means to black folks. As Erik said:

That's what Coates is doing. All for his message ™
    It'd be funny if this plot happens just so he has a long winded way of making Shuri teenage Shuri permanently. Lol.

But he didnt have to go after the old BPs. Could have left them in the Panther Pavillion as seen in the scans above. They were never used to their full potential(except for splash pages) so it's not a big loss, but a good writer could have come up with a creative way to use them
    Last edited by Cville; 10-24-2019 at 08:12 AM.

BLACK PANTHER AND THE AGENTS OF WAKANDA #5
    JIM ZUB (W) • SCOTT EATON (A) • Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA AUG198980
    Variant cover by ADAM WARREN AUG198982
    MARVELS X VARIANT COVER BY MICO SUAYAN AUG198981
    An old S.H.I.E.L.D. cache of experimental technology is a ticking time bomb the Agents of Wakanda need to defuse — but only if they get there before DEADPOOL! Time for a rematch between the King of Wakanda and the Merc with a Mouth! And adding more fuel to fire — the return of the Livewires!
    The Livewires? There's a name I never expected to hear again. I loved that mini... and having Adam Warren do a cover is perfect (since he created them).

As for the Djalia thing. SOP for Coates. *shrug*

It'd be funny if this plot happens just so he has a long winded way of making Shuri teenage Shuri permanently. Lol.

But he didnt have to go after the old BPs. Could have left them in the Panther Pavillion as seen in the scans above. They were never used to their full potential(except for splash pages) so it's not a big loss, but a good writer could have come up with a creative way to use them
    Good writers open more storytelling doors than they close.

Good news though, BP vs DP is officially canon since its referenced in AoW.

Well, I guess we should have seen that one coming from Coates.

If your intent is to destroy everything, then you have to destroy every thing.

Incredible Member

Agent's of Wakanda is getting good word of mouth so i think its going to stay in the 20k plus range. Avengers will always sell but Coates needs to go but im sure Marvel will Give BP the Carol Danvers treatment ..

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Here's the flaw with your argument. Your using MCU Wakanda as your argument and yes they didn't do anything at all. MU Wakanda did. They did it in secret but they did stuff behind the scenes. They didn't Want to go to war with the rest of the world. But they did stuff. And again they aren't colonizers and they are still a beacon, that was the whole point of Hickmans tro ending and the whole reason Lee and Kirby created BP and Wakanda. To be a beacon
    You don't get props for being beacon if you are hiding in the darkness. Beacons only work when people can actually see you. That's sort of the point of being a beacon of light.

But you can certainly argue Tchalla transformed Wakanda into a beacon of light after the fact. He didn't stand on a tall wall looking down at poor suffering people outside Wakanda like Tchaka seemed to do.

You don't get props for being beacon if you are hiding in the darkness. Beacons only work when people can actually see you. That's sort of the point of being a beacon of light.

But you can certainly argue Tchalla transformed Wakanda into a beacon of light after the fact. He didn't stand on a tall wall looking down at poor suffering people outside Wakanda like Tchaka seemed to do.
    In the MU people knew Wakanda was there.

In the MU people knew Wakanda was there.
    Consider what the metaphor beacon of light implies. Because Wakanda largely did nothing, and what little they did was in secret, its a stretch to call them a beacon of light in this context. They were isolationist... what was happening was largely not their problem.

Consider what the metaphor beacon of light implies. Because Wakanda largely did nothing, and what little they did was in secret, its a stretch to call them a beacon of light in this context. They were isolationist... what was happening was largely not their problem.
    If I know there is a futuristic African country in he world, it is a beacon to me. They don't have to do anything, but set an example.

If I know there is a futuristic African country in he world, it is a beacon to me. They don't have to do anything, but set an example.
    That's like calling Beverly Hills a beacon of light to the people living in Central City or Hyde Park LA. I guess to some it is.

When T'Chaka is standing on that wall looking down at the less fortunate, is he acting as a beacon of light, or giving them the finger? I suppose it can be interpeted either way.

That's like calling Beverly Hills a beacon of light to the people living in Central City or Hyde Park LA. I guess to some it is.

When T'Chaka is standing on that wall looking down at the less fortunate, is he acting as a beacon of light, or giving them the finger? I suppose it can be interpeted either way.
    I don't let random people into my house either.

But that scene doesn't make sense. The boarder of the country is not the city. Which means those people were already in the country.
    Last edited by Cville; 10-24-2019 at 10:44 AM.