Page 599 of 744 FirstFirst ... 99499549589595596597598599600601602603609649699 ... LastLast
Results 8,971 to 8,985 of 11160

I give up. So many excuses for the worst run in BP history....
    Last edited by DigiCom; 10-24-2019 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Deleted & replaced original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I don't let random people into my house either.

But that scene doesn't make sense. The boarder of the country is not the city. Which means those people were already in the country.
    Could mean the people were already in the country. Or that could be some sort of border wall. I don't remember if the story specified exactly. Either way, I don't think the intent of the scene was to potray Wakanda as any sort of beacon of that light at the moment. Though fiction is open to personal interpretation.

I do believe there is a pragmatic logic to how T'Chaka handled the situation... though I'm also willing to bet T'Challa would handle it somewhat differently. Which I think is sort of the point... he is attempting to transform Wakanda into the beacon of light it potentially can be.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Could mean the people were already in the country. Or that could be some sort of border wall. I don't remember if the story specified exactly. Either way, I don't think the intent of the scene was to potray Wakanda as any sort of beacon of that light at the moment. Though fiction is open to personal interpretation.

I do believe there is a pragmatic logic to how T'Chaka handled the situation... though I'm also willing to bet T'Challa would handle it somewhat differently. Which I think is sort of the point... he is attempting to transform Wakanda into the beacon of light it potentially can be.
    Tchalla let people set up a camp and Achebe took over the country. And if it's not a beacon, why would people want to go there. They'd have traveled to another country.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    The Livewires? There's a name I never expected to hear again. I loved that mini... and having Adam Warren do a cover is perfect (since he created them).

As for the Djalia thing. SOP for Coates. *shrug*
    Who are the Livewires?

Tchalla let people set up a camp and Achebe took over the country. And if it's not a beacon, why would people want to go there. They'd have traveled to another country.
    I think they thought it was a beacon right up to the point where T'Chaka looked down on them from the top of the wall. Then the reality of the situation set it, and it became as much of a beacon of light as Trumps Wall might be to Mexico.

But you're right... T'Challa did things differently and at times that comes at a cost. Heck, you can argue AvX and Time Runs Out fall under that same category. There's a difference between being a hero and being a king.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Who are the Livewires?
    Adam Warren book from 2005.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livewires_(comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I give up. So many excuses for the worst run in BP history....

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    [IG]https://i.imgur.com/lbJpOId.gif[/IMG]
    More like this:

Consider what the metaphor beacon of light implies. Because Wakanda largely did nothing, and what little they did was in secret, its a stretch to call them a beacon of light in this context. They were isolationist... what was happening was largely not their problem.
    Your using the origin and what we know if Wakanda as your argument for me saying they are a beacon given the ending of Hickmans TRO. You keep ignoring that fact and going back to when they were in the shadows (and all I said about that time was that they didn't simply do nothing at all but acted in the shadows to help where they could) but my point still stands

I think they thought it was a beacon right up to the point where T'Chaka looked down on them from the top of the wall. Then the reality of the situation set it, and it became as much of a beacon of light as Trumps Wall might be to Mexico.

But you're right... T'Challa did things differently and at times that comes at a cost. Heck, you can argue AvX and Time Runs Out fall under that same category. There's a difference between being a hero and being a king.
    The difference is the U.S. advertises for people to come. Wakanda doesn't.

Currently the U.S. advertises for some people to come over. Some people just ain't welcome. Seems like that beacon don't shine as bright no more.

They're certaibly not advertising for people to illegally cross the border.

But if you're desperate enough, you believe what you want to believe and do what you think you need to do I suppose.

Astonishing Member

All I gotta say is Coates needs to get off this damn book lol

Like someone said a few pages back, readers know by now that Coates writes for trades so they've sat out the rest of the run. He's way too sluggish to write a compelling Black Panther, which is to say nothing of the weak supporting cast or characterization of the main hero. The book needs new blood and a fresh direction, or just better execution of the ideas Coates is exploring.

Incredible Member

its not that i dont like this season for some odd reason i do .Imo and most fans opinions it should've wrapped up in like 12 issue's not 20..

Mighty Member

Coates could have knocked ot out of the park with T'Challa and other characters as various metaphors confronting the current and future social and political conditions facing the world right now. Instead he rehashed all the usual tropes with a meditation on historyI am sooo sick of seeing and reading. Coulda, woulda, shoulda but didn't. Its afrofuturism, not a boring history lesson in space.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.