Page 602 of 744 FirstFirst ... 102502552592598599600601602603604605606612652702 ... LastLast
Results 9,016 to 9,030 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    We can add pitting Black women against one another to the list of tired ass stereotypes that Coates relies on to tell a story. Jesus, I feel like I’m watching a Tyler Perry movie now.
    Another "reality TV trope" box checked off.

All we need now is T'Challa's rap star son turning up with his baby momma.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Thanks to Yukio there is a segment of her fandom that thinks she is bi. Maybe Tchalla gets lucky and can have both at the same time. Or at least the Jean, Cyclops, and Wolverine sleeping/living arrangements.
    Come on we have seen this before-it's called How to be a Player. A movie that almost ruined Bill Bellamy's career.

Jesus, I feel like I’m watching a Tyler Perry movie now.
    Nah we still need a light skinned or biracial or white guy to come save Storm. What is Kasper Cole doing now? Is Namor busy?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the entire series .. and take your time I'm at work too.
    I had a whole thing typed out, but I'ma simplify it.

Mother is a villain, she was around the time of bashenga, when Wakanda was first created. Everything told thus far is a lie. There are no Orishas, there is a bast but she is just as she is now. Ingest the herb she judges to assess their worth. Her power is bast because this plane she is on was where bashenga sealed her because he was a shaman and used a method to banish her for all eternity. Shuri got there by accident when she was killed her spirit went there by mothers will as over the centuries the barrier has weakened/ her power has grown. Tetu and zenzi are manipulated by her. As we're the Wakandans as a whole as S1 was going on.

S2 The originator's are her minion's who were banished with her. When she imbued Shuri with griot power it was actually her own. The more Shuri used it, the more she weakened the barrier, allowing mother more power. She got enough to send the originator's out. She also imbued Storm with her power in S2 which that big burst and disruption when whats his name gets sent through the portal.

Cut to S3, destroying the djahlia will free her. But basically all this isht Coates added gets removed abd changed to mother being the true villain abd T'Challa snap's the hell out of this BS moping, and Wakanda takes a step back, realizes they are the baddest mofos on earth and get some Bass back in their voice as the ones you don't F with

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Then the Dora will accuse T'Challa of having a harem and we'll end up with season 1 again
    Sounds like a fresh start to me. lol

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Come on we have seen this before-it's called How to be a Player. A movie that almost ruined Bill Bellamy's career.

Nah we still need a light skinned or biracial or white guy to come save Storm. What is Kasper Cole doing now? Is Namor busy?
    People didn't like that movie? I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That works. Maybe tie Mother to the Egyptian monster Apophis... (an offspring of the Elder God Set?) and make the Djalia equivalent to the Duat (the Egyptian afterlife)?

Mother is a villain, she was around the time of bashenga, when Wakanda was first created. Everything told thus far is a lie. There are no Orishas, there is a bast but she is just as she is now. Ingest the herb she judges to assess their worth. Her power is bast because this plane she is on was where bashenga sealed her because he was a shaman and used a method to banish her for all eternity. Shuri got there by accident when she was killed her spirit went there by mothers will as over the centuries the barrier has weakened/ her power has grown. Tetu and zenzi are manipulated by her. As we're the Wakandans as a whole as S1 was going on.

S2 The originator's are her minion's who were banished with her. When she imbued Shuri with griot power it was actually her own. The more Shuri used it, the more she weakened the barrier, allowing mother more power. She got enough to send the originator's out. She also imbued Storm with her power in S2 which that big burst and disruption when whats his name gets sent through the portal.

Cut to S3, destroying the djahlia will free her. But basically all this isht Coates added gets removed abd changed to mother being the true villain abd T'Challa snap's the hell out of this BS moping, and Wakanda takes a step back, realizes they are the baddest mofos on earth and get some Bass back in their voice as the ones you don't F with
    Real nice.

But I still say just ignore all that crap. Pick up where Hickman left off with Secret Wars. T'Challa and Wakanda become a bigger player on the world stage.

We still get T'Challa on Avengers, Agents of Wakanda and a few more covert teams as BP carries out his own agenda.

The rest of the world does not like BP and Wakanda with that much power and so they respond, Russian Super Soldiers and Squadron Supreme of America are created as opposing force. Namor, Dracula all still happen as everyone gets involved in the superhuman arms race. Then Crackoa.

Now, we have Game of Thrones, House of Panther type situations that fuel the MU for the next few years and all of the political intrigue and drama leads to....

WORLD WAR WAKANDA!

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Fighting over a man of all things. Like, I love T'Challa but this is not the kind of thing I want to see him causing. Neither he, nor Storm, nor Nakia deserve this kind of writing.
    That's assuming they end up fighting over him. Honestly I sort of doubt it gets to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Real nice.

But I still say just ignore all that crap. Pick up where Hickman left off with Secret Wars. T'Challa and Wakanda become a bigger player on the world stage.

We still get T'Challa on Avengers, Agents of Wakanda and a few more covert teams as BP carries out his own agenda.

The rest of the world does not like BP and Wakanda with that much power and so they respond, Russian Super Soldiers and Squadron Supreme of America are created as opposing force. Namor, Dracula all still happen as everyone gets involved in the superhuman arms race. Then Crackoa.

Now, we have Game of Thrones, House of Panther type situations that fuel the MU for the next few years and all of the political intrigue and drama leads to....

WORLD WAR WAKANDA!
    The problem with ignoring it is that it still exists, I would address it and then wrap it up to get BP back to status quo. Then do all the stuff you mentioned other rather do that stuff and have this as a side plot to come to fruitation later

At this point, Wakandans should really consider annihilating his body.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post

At this point, Wakandans should really consider annihilating his body.
    BP villains do have an interesting knack for coming back to life. So yeah, additional measures would probably be prudent.

The problem with ignoring it is that it still exists, I would address it and then wrap it up to get BP back to status quo. Then do all the stuff you mentioned other rather do that stuff and have this as a side plot to come to fruitation later
    Ignoring the previous status quo IS the status quo, for many titles. I mean, remember when the Dora had hair?

Part of me wants to do what Garth Ennis did when he wrote The Punisher after that painfully-bad "angel Punisher" arc. He pretty much got rid of it in 2 pages, which boiled down to "tried it, didn't like it, came back."

The rest of me remembers what "Mopee" means.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Ignoring the previous status quo IS the status quo, for many titles. I mean, remember when the Dora had hair?

Part of me wants to do what Garth Ennis did when he wrote The Punisher after that painfully-bad "angel Punisher" arc. He pretty much got rid of it in 2 pages, which boiled down to "tried it, didn't like it, came back."

The rest of me remembers what "Mopee" means.
    Not that I"m a fan of writers ignoring previous writers continuity, but if the next BP writer wants to do that with Coates it's really not that hard to do.

None of the new characters Coates creates are essential. They're supporting characters, and can thus be moved into the background or even limbo (happened to most of the characters Priest created and he had a run which was almost universally considered the defining run for the BP character).

Force push is the only new BP ability which pretty much as to be used. If future writers decide to ignore his ability to summon a mystical spear, that's frankly less of a big deal than when most of Priests gear vanished after Priests run. I'm fine with the spear personally, but I can't say I'd miss it anymore than I'd miss Hudlins Thrice Blessed armor or Hickmans purple boxing gloves.

I think the only things you'd really need to put effort into flat out retconning are Shuri's abilities (which would be easy to do given her power source might end up being blown up anyways) and the Orisha. The later would be the biggest contiuity issue, though the Panther God has already been retconned one or twice anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the only things you'd really need to put effort into flat out retconning are Shuri's abilities (which would be easy to do given her power source might end up being blown up anyways) and the Orisha. The later would be the biggest contiuity issue, though the Panther God has already been retconned one or twice anyways.
    Retconning powers is easy too. T'Challa used to be telepathic.

As for the Orishas... you mean the beings that have only appeared in flashbacks, and even then have never actually DONE anything (we've just been told they have)?

Yeah, I can see how they require effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Retconning powers is easy too. T'Challa used to be telepathic.

As for the Orishas... you mean the beings that have only appeared in flashbacks, and even then have never actually DONE anything (we've just been told they have)?

Yeah, I can see how they require effort.
    Ideally, I would say the Orisha would require some effort, in that you probably want to really nail down what the heck the Wakandan gods are. Originally they weren't Egyptian gods... that itself was a retcon. Priest retconned them into that, and Coates seemingly retconned them into being Wakandans which became gods through worship (or something like that... definately wasn't a fan of that retcon even though visually at least I thought they were unique).

If the next guy is going to retcon Coates handling of the Orisha, he should probably decide what the heck they actualy are. Easiest thing to do is make them Egyptian gods again... but you can argue there's some value in making them uniquely Wakandan. That's up to the next writer I suppose.

And there's that goddess Killmonger interacted with (don't think she was an Egyptian goddess) that you might wanna work in there somewhere too. So there's a bit of a web of retcons which may or may not need some detangling depending on whether or not the next writer even cares.