Page 603 of 744 FirstFirst ... 103503553593599600601602603604605606607613653703 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,045 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Ignoring the previous status quo IS the status quo, for many titles. I mean, remember when the Dora had hair?

Part of me wants to do what Garth Ennis did when he wrote The Punisher after that painfully-bad "angel Punisher" arc. He pretty much got rid of it in 2 pages, which boiled down to "tried it, didn't like it, came back."

The rest of me remembers what "Mopee" means.
    Hey the hair thing has come back somewhat lol. And I think the Dora's look better without hair myself.

But two ways could handle it, you way with the end simulation, or turning mother into a villain for BP to crush.

Plus with the moose thing it said everyone hated it so it was forgotten. Some people like Coates story so it wouldn't just get ignored like that. Hence addressing it
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 10-26-2019 at 07:55 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's assuming they end up fighting over him. Honestly I sort of doubt it gets to that point.
    If Marvel wants it to happen. It will happen.

Nobody said it had to HAPPEN in Black Panther's book.

People didn't like that movie? I loved it.
    Bill Bellamy said in an interview that after that movie came out-all the roles he got offered were like Dray.
    Men, Women & Dogs & Fastlane-he was playing a version of Dray.

He has THREE lead role in a movie & 4 lead in a tv show since How to be a Player. That is how fast his movie career got derailed. Unlike Jason Mitchell-he got plenty of tv work.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If Marvel wants it to happen. It will happen.

Nobody said it had to HAPPEN in Black Panther's book.

Bill Bellamy said in an interview that after that movie came out-all the roles he got offered were like Dray.
    Men, Women & Dogs & Fastlane-he was playing a version of Dray.

He has THREE lead role in a movie & 4 lead in a tv show since How to be a Player. That is how fast his movie career got derailed. Unlike Jason Mitchell-he got plenty of tv work.
    Sure, if marvel wants it to happen it will. But it would probably involve a heel turn by Nakia, which I think at THIS point would be uncharacteristic. But I suppose that could change down the line.

Sure, if marvel wants it to happen it will. But it would probably involve a heel turn by Nakia, which I think at THIS point would be uncharacteristic. But I suppose that could change down the line.
    Given what we saw in the preview. It can literally go that way very easily without a heel turn. It's literally the start of a Tyler Perry movie hiw that scene looks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That absolute state of this thread. Bast have mercy. At least when people go on a "piss on Coates" fest in here, it comes from a place of fandom. Not this... sunken place type comments.

Who wants to play a game? These are straight facts, no chasers, no opinion, just numbers. Ok some opinion, based on fact though lol.

- BP v7 #16 is the 8th lowest issue sold in Black Panther history.

- If you limit it to T'challa lead issues (aka throw out Kasper Cole), BPv7 #16 is the 5th lowest issue sold in Black Panther History. The top 4 were all Liss run.

- T'challa lead Priest issues never sold under 20K in 49 issues with no marketing gimmicks, no renumbering, no event cross overs. He didnt fall to BP#16 range until his 60th issue using Kasper Cole. For the non Black Panther fans in here, remember, Priest lasted 62 issues with no gimmicks, no renumber, no crossovers, barely any marketing, no movies, no TV, taking an absolute dead character and re-inventing him... WITH editorial interference being forced to use Vin Diesel look alike Kasper towards the end.

- Hudlin's lowest issue was 19,455.

- Mayberry's lowest issue was 17,881

- BPv7, #16 is Coates 40th BP Issue. Priest 40th issue sold 20,188 (and held that number until issue 52! aka had a dedicated fan base until nuked by Kasper).

- Hudlin's 40th issue he wrote was actually vol5 #2, which sold 33,750. The 40th issue of vol4 was SWAD, written by Aaron. Hudlin's 38th issue sold 19,455.

- Priest average sales number was 25,241. If you throw out Kasper run, its 27,250.

- Hudlin's entire volumes averaged 35K. Use only volume 4 (his main one), and its 37,314. If you use issues Hudlin actually wrote (throw out mayberry and aaron), and its 37,114.

- Coates current average is 42,450. Which is obviously beyond solid... until you dig a bit.

- If you throat out Coates #1's (aka marketing gimmicks that do not reflect writing quality at all) and his intial legacy renumber marketing gimmick, and his average plummets to 34,462

- Hell, if you throw out JUST Coates initial #1 that did 200+ K sales that literally had absolutely nothing to do with writing quality and was purely based on speculation and hype, his average drops from 42,450 to 37,180!

- The entire basis of "Coates is the best seller of BP ever!" is all because of ONE FREAKING ISSUE! that had everyting to do with Hickman, years of no black panther solos, and Coates literary fame and absolutely NOTHING to do with Coate's writing itself. ONE ISSUE!! You throw out that one issue and Coate's SOLD NO BETTER THAT HUDLIN despite a billion dollar movie, despite "twitter followers," despite cartoons, despite merchandise everywhere.

- Let Coates keep his legacy renumbering, just take out his two #1's, drops to 34,991.

- If you think I am just chery picking, throw out Hudlins' two #1's and his mariage issue... 35,754.

Thank you for this excellent post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Hey the hair thing has come back somewhat lol. And I think the Dora's look better without hair myself.

But two ways could handle it, you way with the end simulation, or turning mother into a villain for BP to crush.

Plus with the moose thing it said everyone hated it so it was forgotten. Some people like Coates story so it wouldn't just get ignored like that. Hence addressing it
    Yeah, but some people liked Priest and Hudlin's Panther/Wakanda and Coates ignored that. Only fair to do the same.

Given what we saw in the preview. It can literally go that way very easily without a heel turn. It's literally the start of a Tyler Perry movie hiw that scene looks.
    Storm's not going to get into a physical fight with someone (especially a non meta human who Storm could easily destroy with a snap of her fingers if she tried) over a guy unless it's self defense. It would literally have to be Nakia attacking Storm to turn that into a fight, and I'm not sure Nakia really is that far gone to try something like that. Maybe I'm giving her too much credit... we'll see.

I think there will be tension (as anyone would expect there to be), but they will be able to talk it through like 2 mature adults without having to get into a cat fight over it. I know Storm is better than that (unless she's physically provoked).

BANNED

Storm's not going to get into a physical fight with someone (especially a non meta human who Storm could easily destroy with a snap of her fingers if she tried) over a guy unless it's self defense. It would literally have to be Nakia attacking Storm to turn that into a fight, and I'm not sure Nakia really is that far gone to try something like that. Maybe I'm giving her too much credit... we'll see.

I think there will be tension (as anyone would expect there to be), but they will be able to talk it through like 2 mature adults without having to get into a cat fight over it. I know Storm is better than that (unless she's physically provoked).
    Are we talking about the same Storm who stays getting knocked out by random characters whilst being relegated to the back of the bus in the X-books?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, but some people liked Priest and Hudlin's Panther/Wakanda and Coates ignored that. Only fair to do the same.
    What I mean is that people will try to dig up this BS run and compare it to the greats that came before it.
    But if it were rerconned in a manner that uses It as a plot point in the story and a return to status quo. It could go away forever and that stench couldn't be used by some unfan.

Your giving Coates too much credit. Given how that scene was set up, this could very easily get into Tyler Perry levels of pretty cat fighting, the preview scene has literally set it up for it.

In actually though the one who will be screwed is the one that the MCU made a point to make her a independent woman who knew what she wanted and didn't rely on tropes and was effective on her own.

Your giving Coates too much credit. Given how that scene was set up, this could very easily get into Tyler Perry levels of pretty cat fighting, the preview scene has literally set it up for it.

In actually though the one who will be screwed is the one that the MCU made a point to make her a independent woman who knew what she wanted and didn't rely on tropes and was effective on her own.
    Coates created this Nakia, so if he decides she's that petty he's justified in writing her that way. I'm just saying based on what we've seen so far, I'm not sure it'll get that far. But we'll see. The precious Nakia obviously had issues, so maybe we should be expecting something. There's an opening for a new Malice technically.

Coates created this Nakia, so if he decides she's that petty he's justified in writing her that way. I'm just saying based on what we've seen so far, I'm not sure it'll get that far. But we'll see. The precious Nakia obviously had issues, so maybe we should be expecting something. There's an opening for a new Malice technically.
    No... Actually he started this Nakia out as something more. Old malice was killed off because it's an outdated trope that needed to die. This Nakia actually started with alot of potential. Then after the issue with them almost getting together, Coates made her do a weird ooc change to push it back to Storm. So really this character should be saved and NOT become malice. If she does then why the hell even kill off the old one just to replace her under the same stupid trope? Again your argument goes right back to Tyler Perry stupid petty cat fighting (though I'm wouldn't be surprised if Coates did it, but it would be a stupid move even for Coates standard) and just because he created her doesn't mean there's justification in utterly ishtting on her.

And correction. He created this VERSION. He didn't create Nakia, Priest did and to disrespect the character shouldn't be okay just because he made this version only to do the exact same thing only with a older version and a different woman

No... Actually he started this Nakia out as something more. Old malice was killed off because it's an outdated trope that needed to die. This Nakia actually started with alot of potential. Then after the issue with them almost getting together, Coates made her do a weird ooc change to push it back to Storm. So really this character should be saved and NOT become malice. If she does then why the hell even kill off the old one just to replace her under the same stupid trope? Again your argument goes right back to Tyler Perry stupid petty cat fighting (though I'm wouldn't be surprised if Coates did it, but it would be a stupid move even for Coates standard) and just because he created her doesn't mean there's justification in utterly ishtting on her.

And correction. He created this VERSION. He didn't create Nakia, Priest did and to disrespect the character shouldn't be okay just because he made this version only to do the exact same thing only with a older version and a different woman
    No correction needed... I said Coates created THIS Nakia.

And I'm not saying this Nakis will or should become Malice... heck, I'm the one saying they're NOT going to end up fighting (at least physically). But some are predicting that will happen... and they might be right. We'll see. There's in theory no reason for her to be mad at Storm. If she's picking a fight, that's on her.

Incredible Member

The MCU created this Nakia

No correction needed... I said Coates created THIS Nakia.

And I'm not saying this Nakis will or should become Malice... heck, I'm the one saying they're NOT going to end up fighting (at least physically). But some are predicting that will happen... and they might be right. We'll see. There's in theory no reason for her to be mad at Storm. If she's picking a fight, that's on her.
    But we should expect to see malice because the old malice is dead. That would be stupid and a complete waste to kill old Nakia just to bring her back again. Especially in such a stupid manner. However, they should not fight at all. Physical or verbal because again it's petty and it's in sync with specific tropes that have been played to death and ones TP movies use as their bread and butter