Page 607 of 744 FirstFirst ... 107507557597603604605606607608609610611617657707 ... LastLast
Results 9,091 to 9,105 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The shade was unbelievable. lol.

The way its written and drawn, you'd think Okoye was in charge.
    "No One Man" but "One Dora" is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Even shorter summary.

spoilers:
    Characters talk a lot. Everyone gets a chance to do something badass except the title character.
    end of spoilers

Business as usual, really.
    So basically what you're saying is that the story is the same, only the covers have changed.

"No One Man" but "One Dora" is OK.
    Yeah I was thinking wtf is going on. Okoye had more of a presence and carried an air of authority greater then T'Challa.. Coates can't help but chump him. Not surprised but cotdamn the isht is obvious, and frankly beyond tiring

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Black Panther 2020 looks pretty cool, though I personally like the 2099 variant better.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah I was thinking wtf is going on. Okoye had more of a presence and carried an air of authority greater then T'Challa.. Coates can't help but chump him. Not surprised but cotdamn the isht is obvious, and frankly beyond tiring
    Rembember when Akili(?) almost took out Tetu? lol.

Okoye almost got the Emperor. She got closer to him than Tchalla has his entire time as a Maroon. lol

Rembember when Akili(?) almost took out Tetu? lol.

Okoye almost got the Emperor. She got closer to him than Tchalla has his entire time as a Maroon. lol
    Notice a trend? Okoye Looked like the title character front and center, T'Challa off to the side, Okoye spoilers:
    is taking on killmonger and chumps him as a villain and a threat (just like Akili chumped Tetu as a threat) while T'Challa is facing off against a side villain
    end of spoilers

Its embarrassing how pathetic Coates handles T'Challa
    And he doesn't deserve to write him or anyone apart pf BP and jos mythos. Like cotdamn two back to back issues and T'Challas book is highlighting support cast while simultaneously chumping the villains as credible threats

Notice a trend? Okoye Looked like the title character front and center, T'Challa off to the side, Okoye spoilers:
    is taking on killmonger and chumps him as a villain and a threat (just like Akili chumped Tetu as a threat) while T'Challa is facing off against a side villain
    end of spoilers

Its embarrassing how pathetic Coates handles T'Challa
    And he doesn't deserve to write him or anyone apart pf BP and jos mythos. Like cotdamn two back to back issues and T'Challas book is highlighting support cast while simultaneously chumping the villains as credible threats
    It was crazy. Okoye sitting at the head of the table and out front when they confront the villains. Poor M'baku went to the Jabari lands and didn't get a line in. Only reason we knew Shuri was there was because of the birds and she got relegated to people who don't even have a nametags.

Tchalla was gone for five years in the MCU and he was walking in front for his first appearance.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Even shorter summary.

spoilers:
    Characters talk a lot. Everyone gets a chance to do something badass except the title character.
    end of spoilers

Business as usual, really.
    not true. he resisted zenzi control, which no one else was able to do and shot her with a spear.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    not true. he resisted zenzi control, which no one else was able to do and shot her with a spear.
    Ever since Original Sin, resisting mind control has been standard. There was that time in the second story that didn't make since, but every other time is been a non-issue. The Sentry tried to get in his head to warp his perspective and nothing happened.

The shade was unbelievable. lol.

The way its written and drawn, you'd think Okoye was in charge.
    I had to do a double take on the scene where they were taking off the cloaks. I was like is Tchalla holding her cape?! After Storm acted like he was just some basic dude doing basic man things. I said it in the Storm thread but i truly apologize for not seeing it before. Wow. I don't think i've ever been more disgusted with Storm than i was in this issue. The man did nothing but uplift her for issue after issue and Coates couldn't even return the favor.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I had to do a double take on the scene where they were taking off the cloaks. I was like is Tchalla holding her cape?! After Storm acted like he was just some basic dude doing basic man things. I said it in the Storm thread but i truly apologize for not seeing it before. Wow. I don't think i've ever been more disgusted with Storm than i was in this issue. The man did nothing but uplift her for issue after issue and Coates couldn't even return the favor.
    We've been saying it since day one, Coates has a weird self hate of men. It's been glaring in everyone's faces since he's been writing this series. He's shows it on panel he's said it in interviews. Abd this issue, he downplays T'Challa so hard and has Storm acting high and mighty it's cringey, she basically said to Nakia "when inevitably leave for x world you can have my sloppy seconds till I get back loltrollface"

Every issue Coates continues to find new ways to cast shade on T'Challa

Ever since Original Sin, resisting mind control has been standard. There was that time in the second story that didn't make since, but every other time is been a non-issue. The Sentry tried to get in his head to warp his perspective and nothing happened.
    You could go back further to Cable #54 where Cable could barely read his mind and described it as T'Challa being able to shield his mind like a real telepath.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    You could go back further to Cable #54 where Cable could barely read his mind and described it as T'Challa being able to shield his mind like a real telepath.
    I was using Worlds Apart as my breakoff point because of Shadow King. Was Cable before or after that?

We've been saying it since day one, Coates has a weird self hate of men. It's been glaring in everyone's faces since he's been writing this series. He's shows it on panel he's said it in interviews. Abd this issue, he downplays T'Challa so hard and has Storm acting high and mighty it's cringey, she basically said to Nakia "when inevitably leave for x world you can have my sloppy seconds till I get back loltrollface"

Every issue Coates continues to find new ways to cast shade on T'Challa
    Day one, page one.

Which is probably why T'Challa might be the more logical person to deal with Zenzi. He can resist her abilities.

Though Okoye probably did better than one might expect. But symbiotes have a lot of weaknesses... with prep and the right gear, they can be dealt with. So in SOME ways Zenzi was actually the bigger threat.