Page 609 of 744 FirstFirst ... 109509559599605606607608609610611612613619659709 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,135 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Day 1, Interview 1 lol

Gotta give credit to Maj at least.

From Interview 1, a lot of us went, "that is weird, this sounds weird, ok stay optimistic"

Maj jumped off from the first interview paragraph lolol
    Pretty much. I saw some warning signs, but I was willing to be proven wrong.

I don't give Marvel those chances anymore...

People who don't read every issue as closely as BP fanatics always come in on specific issues and go, "I dont see the big deal, you guys are exaggerating."

Because, a good deal of stuff Coates does is subtle. It is like a constant drip of shitting on T'challa (or the Line of Bashenga in general). It is little ****... ALL THE TIME. In a vacuum, each issue can be "fine." But, taken over 4 years of the same stuff over and over and over again.......

Cable was before. He also broke through King Cadaver's mind control in Panther's Rage.

I give people a pass on certain telepaths and Shadow King is one of them. Shadow King, Charles... if they get to someone, you just kinda go, "ok lol." Kind of cream of the crop there.

The mind control thing always irks the hell out of me though. T'challa slapped Emma away with ease... WITH NO TECH. Just pure resist. Just like characters like Cap. It is a willpower thing. Cap told omega level Quiten Quire to test him once with PURE BRAIN POWER.

Coates comes along, and suddenly T'challa needs tech to stop random portal goons? Then it gets adopted to Agents of Wakanda where T'challa's suit stops Sentry's mind whammy (while the other characters beat it back by pure willpower).

Comics follow the solo's lead and now all of a sudden, T'challa needs tech to beat off telepaths. BORING

A lot of us picked up on TNC's tendencies I think after that interview with Trevor Noah.

Dude is incredibly pessimistic with a TON of self hate for himself (black man). And then add in a strong dose of just not having a very science fiction brain and you get 4 years of tedious, boring, infuriating comics.

He has no respect for T'challa. His very first interviews 4 years ago, he basically just talked about how no man could ever resist using the Doras. No king could ever resist abusing his power. He simply cannot wrap his head around a superhero king of a progressive, African superpower country.

So, you get "no one man." You get stereotypical Hollywood Africa country filled with trafficing, abuse, warlords, and terrorists. You get a main character who can't solve problems himself. AT BEST, he is a delegater. At worst, he is dependent. Dependent on Shuri to break the Doras. Dependent on "honorable scholarly professor (hmmmm)" Changamire to break The People's mind control. Dependent on Eden to find his sister after he failed over and over. Dependent on Eden again to open the gates to his ancestors and then depending on them to defeat Tetu's army. Dependent on Storm emotionally and physically in regards to beating The Adversary. He goes tothis future Wakanda and after a few setbacks... QUITS! Has to be dragged out by nuNakia to keep fighting. Does he save the day? No, nuAchebe does lol.

What has T'challa actually done in 4 years? His only feats are finding people to fix the problems he fails at while taking constant shade from everyone around him.

The more I read that conversation, the worse it gets.
    The fact that Shadown king was able to control him is exactly why he should have tech to protect him from telepathy. He knows that there are SOME telepaths who can overcome him, so he took the logical steps to be prepared in the event he encounters one.

I just find it weird that T'Challa developing anti-telepathy tech is somehow a knock against the character. Of course he would, especially after Worlds Apart. I frankly would think less of him if he didn't.

Got my Hudlin #1 back from CGC with a 9.8 rating. That's good considering it's been sitting in a long box since it came out.

Day 1, Interview 1 lol

From Interview 1, a lot of us went, "that is weird, this sounds weird, ok stay optimistic"

Yeah, some of us gave Coates the benefit of the doubt.

"Some kid's Spider-Man". What a crock.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, some of us gave Coates the benefit of the doubt.

"Some kid's Spider-Man". What a crock.

I don't know any kids who want to read about rape camps, or an incompetent oaf of a king.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I can't even defend Coates or Storm. I don't know who hurt him, i don't know what he got against dudes but his writing was just so off putting in this issue, That's exactly how Storm came off in my opinion and even that wasn't good enough. He had to have Storm try to taint Tchalla in Nakia's eyes all the while acting like she was being "womanly" by doing it. Womanly would have been trusting her man who has been nothing but good to her. And Coates took every dig he could this issue to make Tchalla look basic, to say men basically are all just men well **** that. I just.... If he wants to get on his soap box about the horrors of being a man just go get his Matrix brothers make over and be done with it cause the self hate is just pathetic at this point. I can not stand a man who can ONLY uplift a woman by downing other men. There is something inherently wrong about that and if it was reversed we would ALL have to know in our hearts and souls that its just wrong. He can miss me with all that, i know many good men, who are faithful and treat their women and other men fantastically. So i don't know if he get down, was abandoned or is just picking the wrong males to be around him but his self hate is toxic and poison imo.

I would NEVER recommend his stuff to a young man trying to discover himself in the world. NEVER. It's poison imo.
    WOW...! these thoughts are so on point with what is wrong with the book. What's laughable is the fact that even if his real world perspective is that all men are trash, my bro so what this is fantasy! You have the power to fashion and mold this character into what would be the idealistic man, ya know kind of how you are doing for Captain America! This does nothing but show that this fool is capable but unwilling to writer T'challa as he should be. All this being understood about Coates, I still believe that the greater crime is done by editorial staff that ALLOWS him to just crap on Black Panther legacy. Comics division seems to have a concern borne of convenience for themselves. AOW is a vehicle to push for mostly characters outside of Wakanda, and even though T'challa is head of the Avengers, to me it doesn't feel like he is. Reminds me of when Luke Cage was leader but not really leading. That reminds me of Ultimates when he supposed to be leader just for the book to play up ...America!!????... bottomline all this is one long bad dream that mocks many fans and snubs T'challa of what should be great build up to be A class character.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    WOW...! these thoughts are so on point with what is wrong with the book. What's laughable is the fact that even if his real world perspective is that all men are trash, my bro so what this is fantasy! You have the power to fashion and mold this character into what would be the idealistic man, ya know kind of how you are doing for Captain America! This does nothing but show that this fool is capable but unwilling to writer T'challa as he should be. All this being understood about Coates, I still believe that the greater crime is done by editorial staff that ALLOWS him to just crap on Black Panther legacy. Comics division seems to have a concern borne of convenience for themselves. AOW is a vehicle to push for mostly characters outside of Wakanda, and even though T'challa is head of the Avengers, to me it doesn't feel like he is. Reminds me of when Luke Cage was leader but not really leading. That reminds me of Ultimates when he supposed to be leader just for the book to play up ...America!!????... bottomline all this is one long bad dream that mocks many fans and snubs T'challa of what should be great build up to be A class character.
    I don't think T'Challa was actually supposed to be the leader of the Ultimates. Him and Carol jointly seemed to start it, but that team never really had a leader. And arguably never needed one.

That said, I think Aaron is doing a pretty good job showing that T'Challa is leading the Avengers. He set up shop for the Avengers and supplied them with a support staff. He's frankly doing more for the Avengers than any previous Avengers leader has. Yeah, Stark obviously provided them with the mansion and quinjets, but T'Challa is going above and beyond shelter and transportation. This is the most pimped out Avengers we've seen in a long long time. So Aaron I think is doing great.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I can't even defend Coates or Storm. I don't know who hurt him, i don't know what he got against dudes but his writing was just so off putting in this issue, That's exactly how Storm came off in my opinion and even that wasn't good enough. He had to have Storm try to taint Tchalla in Nakia's eyes all the while acting like she was being "womanly" by doing it. Womanly would have been trusting her man who has been nothing but good to her. And Coates took every dig he could this issue to make Tchalla look basic, to say men basically are all just men well **** that. I just.... If he wants to get on his soap box about the horrors of being a man just go get his Matrix brothers make over and be done with it cause the self hate is just pathetic at this point. I can not stand a man who can ONLY uplift a woman by downing other men. There is something inherently wrong about that and if it was reversed we would ALL have to know in our hearts and souls that its just wrong. He can miss me with all that, i know many good men, who are faithful and treat their women and other men fantastically. So i don't know if he get down, was abandoned or is just picking the wrong males to be around him but his self hate is toxic and poison imo.

I would NEVER recommend his stuff to a young man trying to discover himself in the world. NEVER. It's poison imo.
    I mean he can't get past the self hate of men and for all his criticism and talk of reparations for Black people... depicts the most racist, western view of Africa, and black men and women. This is the same guy who claimed he is writing stories he wanted to read as a kid..and he is wanting to make T'Challa I to some kids Spiderman.. what young kid wants to read any of this isht? What young boy will be inspired by Coates T'Challa?

"Wow i sure love how T'Challa mopes around while women are being raped in treehouses and he seemingly gives zero ishts. "

"Whoa! Look at how he pines over Storm, does all this stuff to uplift her and for her to recognize her true potential, only for her to tell another woman that's seemingly interested in him that he's basic and no woman can replace her, she is going to leave him eventually but when she does this other woman can have her sloppy seconds till she gets back?"

Like this dude doesn't respect anything about BP, his World, and how powerful BP means to black people. Because if he did, he wouldn't of reduced it to racists stereotypes and analogies of colombus and slave trade.

Abd the worst part is that there are some who can't, refuse or ignore to see what Coates is doing for what it really is

Day 1, Interview 1 lol

Dude Maj was spot on, he saw right through the bullisht completely. Some Doctor strange level foresight.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think T'Challa was actually supposed to be the leader of the Ultimates. Him and Carol jointly seemed to start it, but that team never really had a leader. And arguably never needed one.

That said, I think Aaron is doing a pretty good job showing that T'Challa is leading the Avengers. He set up shop for the Avengers and supplied them with a support staff. He's frankly doing more for the Avengers than any previous Avengers leader has. Yeah, Stark obviously provided them with the mansion and quinjets, but T'Challa is going above and beyond shelter and transportation. This is the most pimped out Avengers we've seen in a long long time. So Aaron I think is doing great.
    Um. Ewing Stated in the first interview T'Challa and Carol were co leaders. His words not mine. Then Carol took over and then America. Abd it was dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I don't know any kids who want to read about rape camps, or an incompetent oaf of a king.
    Yeah, I don't see how Coates thinks that would make some 10 year old excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, I don't see how Coates thinks that would make some 10 year old excited.
    Bank robberies, car chases, and street brawls are usually what children look for.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    We've been saying it since day one, Coates has a weird self hate of men. It's been glaring in everyone's faces since he's been writing this series. He's shows it on panel he's said it in interviews. Abd this issue, he downplays T'Challa so hard and has Storm acting high and mighty it's cringey, she basically said to Nakia "when inevitably leave for x world you can have my sloppy seconds till I get back loltrollface"

Every issue Coates continues to find new ways to cast shade on T'Challa
    And you see why the book got praise in places other comics did not. He is giving his audience what they WANT versus what they NEED to see.
    Rape camps and all that is pandering to the audience who thinks Africa is all that.

Notice this was along with Cyborg the only black male lead book that did NOT endure the wrath of certain groups. Try to show a black man as something else-you saw pushback.

I can not stand a man who can ONLY uplift a woman by downing other men.
    Folks can't see that when they are being pandered to. But this is the era that we are heading to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Bank robberies, car chases, and street brawls are usually what children look for.
    I remember when comics were a place to escape to, not escape from...

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Um. Ewing Stated in the first interview T'Challa and Carol were co leaders. His words not mine. Then Carol took over and then America. Abd it was dumb
    So you had 2 leaders of a 5 man team. A team which consisted of Monica frankly had more experience leading teams than everyone else in the room combined, while MAC had by far the most experience dealing with multiversal problems.

Basically this team had no leader, and didn't need one. If Ewing was trying to sell the idea that it did then yeah... he didn't do a very good job.