Page 617 of 744 FirstFirst ... 117517567607613614615616617618619620621627667717 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,255 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah.. that could of happened very easily. The point of it is that Steve's army is facing Wakanda on a big Battle. There's a reason that they have failed to beat Wakanda
    All of sudden Wakanda is no big deal because Faustus had a PIS unexplained power? Bullisht. Wakanda repelled the super skrulls, Thanos army, countless invasion's including Hydra before. And now they get defeated by Faustus? No Wakanda is place that in alternate realities when earth is taken over. Wakanda is still around. Again Steve could of changed his strategy "Facing Wakanda in a head-on battle is a suicide mission. We don't need to win, we just need time to get the cube" they fight, it's back and forth, on the end Steve's army is retreating but where did Steve go? He used the Battle to go for the cube, heroes are there to stop him they get beaten he gets the cube. Because here's the thing. Just because Wakanda lost to Thanos, who had arguably the strongest army in the 616 universe, who required it's full strength, all it's generals, and Thanos himself AND 3 attempts to take Wakanda, doesnt all of a sudden mean anyone can beat Wakanda. That's not how that works, especially to a inferior force. That's lazy writing. There would be countless ways to make it Steve win without Wakanda losing a battle in B's fashion
    Yeah, they could have had Hydra lost to Wakanda again but I think the point was to build up their threat level, not drop it down by having them constantly lose. YOu don't have the villain get it's butt kicked at the climax of the story... it waters them down. Again, you want to paint them as enough of a threat to where it doesn't look like the good guys can beat them. THat's the difference between your version and Spencers... you're framing it to try and make Wakanda look as good as possible, but for Spencer the priority is to make Hydra look as dangerous as possible to tell his story. Wakanda frankly is just a side note in this story... it's not the priority here.

And Wakanda did beat Hydra 2 out of 3, with the loss being due to mind control. So I don't think Wakanda really looks bad there. In the least it did a heck of a lot better than the UNited States did.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, they could have had Hydra lost to Wakanda again but I think the point was to build up their threat level, not drop it down by having them constantly lose. YOu don't have the villain get it's butt kicked at the climax of the story... it waters them down. Again, you want to paint them as enough of a threat to where it doesn't look like the good guys can beat them. THat's the difference between your version and Spencers... you're framing it to try and make Wakanda look as good as possible, but for Spencer the priority is to make Hydra look as dangerous as possible to tell his story. Wakanda frankly is just a side note in this story... it's not the priority here.

And Wakanda did beat Hydra 2 out of 3, with the loss being due to mind control. So I don't think Wakanda really looks bad there. In the least it did a heck of a lot better than the UNited States did.
    The United States had least has the excuse of being caught completely unaware, though. No one knew what happened to Cap, and he had top clearance long before he was promoted to head Shield. He could have dismantled the defenses at his leisure, an installed his dirty tricks at whim.

Frankly, pulling the same trick twice in the same story does not make Hydra look dangerous. It makes Wakanda look weak for not protecting against the same thing happening again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The United States had least has the excuse of being caught completely unaware, though. No one knew what happened to Cap, and he had top clearance long before he was promoted to head Shield. He could have dismantled the defenses at his leisure, an installed his dirty tricks at whim.

Frankly, pulling the same trick twice in the same story does not make Hydra look dangerous. It makes Wakanda look weak for not protecting against the same thing happening again.
    Faustus mentions he's using new method, so its possible whatever precautions they may have had might not work.

Achievement unlocked. Got Strum and Drang, Enemy of the State 2, Batman vs Deathstroke, and a handful of other BP comics signed by Priest today.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Achievement unlocked. Got Strum and Drang, Enemy of the State 2, Batman vs Deathstroke, and a handful of other BP comics signed by Priest today.
    Where is Priest signing comics today?

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Where is Priest signing comics today?
    Providence, Rhode island

That's awesome bro.

Providence, Rhode island
    Dude! I didn't realize you were so close.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Dude! I didn't realize you were so close.
    I traveled here for the weekend.

I traveled here for the weekend.
    I grew up here my whole life... wasn't at the con, tho. I'm not great with crowds.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Providence, Rhode island
    That's great! Awesome you got him to sign Got Strum and Drang & Enemy of the State 2!

Those Priest have a calendar of conventions and events he will be signing stuff at? I have some comics for him to sign.

Yeah.. Wakanda did. Because the mind control came from Faustus... With a bullisht power that was never explained, used once and never seen again, and completely PIS. That waters down whatever Spencer was trying to do.

My version actually uses continuity and logic to tell how though Hydra loses the battle, Evil Steve "wins" the war. Because here's the thing. Wakanda losing to the most powerful army in the universe after repelling them 3 times doesn't equate to them then losing to ANY army now. ESPECIALLY since with Thanos, Shuri didn't even know they were coming back. With SE T'Challa KNEW they were coming and going to keep coming.

So for them to magically lose the story because the story needed that to happen, is bad storytelling. My version explains how it's possible while still keeping Steve a threat AND showing how dangerous Hydra was (because of Wakanda was leading the resistance then all the heroes would make their stand there as this would be at the climax of the story) without punking Wakanda in a stupid way. I don't know how your not getting this

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    That's great! Awesome you got him to sign Got Strum and Drang & Enemy of the State 2!

Those Priest have a calendar of conventions and events he will be signing stuff at? I have some comics for him to sign.
    He's scheduled for galaxycon Minneapolis next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah.. Wakanda did. Because the mind control came from Faustus... With a bullisht power that was never explained, used once and never seen again, and completely PIS. That waters down whatever Spencer was trying to do.

My version actually uses continuity and logic to tell how though Hydra loses the battle, Evil Steve "wins" the war. Because here's the thing. Wakanda losing to the most powerful army in the universe after repelling them 3 times doesn't equate to them then losing to ANY army now. ESPECIALLY since with Thanos, Shuri didn't even know they were coming back. With SE T'Challa KNEW they were coming and going to keep coming.

So for them to magically lose the story because the story needed that to happen, is bad storytelling. My version explains how it's possible while still keeping Steve a threat AND showing how dangerous Hydra was (because of Wakanda was leading the resistance then all the heroes would make their stand there as this would be at the climax of the story) without punking Wakanda in a stupid way. I don't know how your not getting this
    Faustus uses mind control all the time. It's his thing. He used a similar trick to SHIELD at the start of the story, though he mentions what he used in Wakanda was new tech.

And any army can lose if someone uses mind control. It's no longer an issue of how powerful your army is at that point.

And Steve as a threat is watered down greatly when he loses 3 times in a row. T'Challa beat him and rubbed his face in it publically for the world to see... Hydra NEEDED that win. If you honestly don't see how that weakens Hydra then yeah... agree to disagree I guess. I'm sure if Wakanda lost in a story 3 times in a row to someone, you'd feel Wakanda was coming off weak. Same thing applies to Hydra or really just about anyone.

Could they have completely changed the story so that its build around Wakanda? In theory yes... if it was a BP story. Or they could have built it around the mutant nation if it was an X-Men story. Or they could have built it around Attilan if it were an Inhuman story. BUt it's a Captain America story, and Wakanda frankly was just a side thing like Attilan and the Mutant Nation and the various other places in the MU.

Ultimate Member

Faustus mentions he's using new method, so its possible whatever precautions they may have had might not work.
    Sorry, no. That's Spencer hand waving his repeat gag instead of making some damn effort.