Page 668 of 744 FirstFirst ... 168568618658664665666667668669670671672678718 ... LastLast
Results 10,006 to 10,020 of 11160
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I'm really curious on how editorial allows such backwards movement while MCU Coogler has T'Challa going far and beyond anything the comics have dreamed of
    Initially, I would have put it down to sales success brought about by Coates literary reputation.

Now that sales figures are dropping, I guess they don't want to truncate whatever contract they have with him until his run concludes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Even if the rumors are true, lets not go on the conclusion that T'Challa will be thrown to the back of the bus for another character/villain of the film.
    It's happening now in his "solo" book so it's far from far fetched to see the same following through into the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    It's happening now in his "solo" book so it's far from far fetched to see the same following through into the movies.
    Honestly if Coogler truly loves the character then I doubt this will happen except either Marvel or Disney pressurises him to do so but only time will tell.

BANNED

Honestly if Coogler truly loves the character then I doubt this will happen except either Marvel or Disney pressurises him to do so but only time will tell.
    The fact that he's been hanging around with Coates on occasion has always been concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If it is Doom, he will have to be.

They didn't go through all that effort to get Fox properties back and then have T'challa kill the biggest villain they have in one movie.

I'm not worried about Namor in regards to being chumped. I think he loses, HARD, if he is in the film as the villalin. They don't have his movie rights fully, he isn't profitable, no one gives a shit about him, and Aquabro beat him to the punch.

Doom potentially is profitable. He could be te next Loki/Thanos. He isn't going ot be the big bad of BP2. They have more than enough better avenues to slowly bring him in (including Disney plus) if they slow build him. Hell, Doctor Strange makes more sense.

If he is in BP2, it simply means he shows up at the very end and is the hidden benefactor/controller over Achebe or whatever villain is in the film. It won't be as the main villain. It will be post credit type shit.
    This ia very true, however I'd rather him not be any part of it. BP still has rogues to use and he doesn't need to have out of franchise Characters come in because he did gangbuster numbers by himself and his own World. Bringing outside franchise Characters ONLY helps them and Don't do any favors for BP despite what "Fans" say

I don't think Marvel/Disney has pressured anyone to do anything outside of forcing Gunn to use Thanos and forcing Whedon to keep the Thanos teasing in AoU. And both of those came during the Ike/creative committee era.

THis is the same MCU that fired Gunn for being a weirdo and then walked it back later for instance.

I think Coogler is going to do what Coogler wants to do. And if they try to pressure him to do something he doesn't want to do, he'll bounce. And who wants to be the person who follows him? Look how impossile it was for anyone to try and fill Gunn's spot for GoG3 until they gave up and gave it back to him. It is a no win situation type of job.

Which is why I don't think Victor will be involved at all, unless its T'challa beating up Sabertooth lol

My only fear with Coogler is TOO much freedom. I want the MCU "brand" to be present. I don't want him thinking too much and getting "too woke." I'm sick fo woke lol. It still needs to be a comic book action-comedy film about a african warrior king. Use that at the base and continue the narrative and sotry from the first movie.

T'challa brought Wakanda out of hiding. Ok... what were the consequences of that? What were the pros?

This sequel, at its basic core, shouldn't be hard. You have to answer that question right? Did T'chalal fuck up? Can you be a good man and a great king? Can Wakanda really do "this" better than other countries like Nakia said? Or was W'kabi right? Are the negatives worth the positives?

And hell... we also need a line of succession. Dude is still a king... he needs a queen. He needs an heir. Like hudlin said did... you gotta put some "real work monarchy" shit in there. Kings marry queens and produce heirs. That is the basic principle of monarchies.

Plus HSH drama. Is it gone or not? If it's gone... you aboslutely HAVE to answer that question. What the fuck happens now for "the black panther" ?

People wanna go straight to "WAR WITH ATLANTIS!!" which... understandable, i love blow them up movies lol. I'd love to see blue people catch those claws. But you gotta answer those questions from the first movie.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 11-28-2019 at 01:28 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

If it is Doom, he will have to be.

They didn't go through all that effort to get Fox properties back and then have T'challa kill the biggest villain they have in one movie.

I'm not worried about Namor in regards to being chumped. I think he loses, HARD, if he is in the film as the villalin. They don't have his movie rights fully, he isn't profitable, no one gives a shit about him, and Aquabro beat him to the punch.

Doom potentially is profitable. He could be te next Loki/Thanos. He isn't going ot be the big bad of BP2. They have more than enough better avenues to slowly bring him in (including Disney plus) if they slow build him. Hell, Doctor Strange makes more sense.

If he is in BP2, it simply means he shows up at the very end and is the hidden benefactor/controller over Achebe or whatever villain is in the film. It won't be as the main villain. It will be post credit type shit.
    I don't think Marvel/Disney has pressured anyone to do anything outside of forcing Gunn to use Thanos and forcing Whedon to keep the Thanos teasing in AoU. And both of those came during the Ike/creative committee era.

THis is the same MCU that fired Gunn for being a weirdo and then walked it back later for instance.

I think Coogler is going to do what Coogler wants to do. And if they try to pressure him to do something he doesn't want to do, he'll bounce. And who wants to be the person who follows him? Look how impossile it was for anyone to try and fill Gunn's spot for GoG3 until they gave up and gave it back to him. It is a no win situation type of job.

Which is why I don't think Victor will be involved at all, unless its T'challa beating up Sabertooth lol

My only fear with Coogler is TOO much freedom. I want the MCU "brand" to be present. I don't want him thinking too much and getting "too woke." I'm sick fo woke lol. It still needs to be a comic book action-comedy film about a african warrior king. Use that at the base and continue the narrative and sotry from the first movie.

T'challa brought Wakanda out of hiding. Ok... what were the consequences of that? What were the pros?

This sequel, at its basic core, shouldn't be hard. You have to answer that question right? Did T'chalal fuck up? Can you be a good man and a great king? Can Wakanda really do "this" better than other countries like Nakia said? Or was W'kabi right? Are the negatives worth the positives?

And hell... we also need a line of succession. Dude is still a king... he needs a queen. He needs an heir. Like hudlin said did... you gotta put some "real work monarchy" shit in there. Kings marry queens and produce heirs. That is the basic principle of monarchies.

Plus HSH drama. Is it gone or not? If it's gone... you aboslutely HAVE to answer that question. What the fuck happens now for "the black panther" ?

People wanna go straight to "WAR WITH ATLANTIS!!" which... understandable, i love blow them up movies lol. I'd love to see blue people catch those claws. But you gotta answer those questions from the first movie.

These are good points. I don't think Doom will be the main villain in BP2, maybe a cameo. I think Namor could work. Only issue is that aquaman was so good for showing Atlantis, so how does the MCU top that? But, there are so many good political conflicts you can do between Namor & BP that how can you not go down that route? Also, it could set up a whole lot of world building for this new phase of the MCU, along with the Eternals.

Doom & BP are too important at this point for Marvel (Doom from a comic fan boy stand-point & BP from a black cultural stand-point) to pit these two against each other. I think Coogler knows that black america does NOT want to see a European Ruler come and beat & defeat T'Challa/Wakanda (I mean he got the whole world too say "Wakanda Forever" lol)

I personally want Kang the Conqueror to be the next Thanos, not Doom. Kang should NOT be used the same way they used Ultron in the MCU.
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 11-28-2019 at 02:16 PM.

ive been on the kang train for ages lol

Especially now that Avengers messed with time. Perfect time (hehehe) for Kang.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Bleeding Cool is reporting that the series will get a relaunch once the current arc is up with a new #1 with Coates sticking around as writer.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...black-panther/

I hope this isn't true. I been hoping that the only reason why this current arc will likely take 2yrs to finish is because it's his last. Another relaunch with Coates still running point isn't a great idea but this is Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Bleeding Cool is reporting that the series will get a relaunch once the current arc is up with a new #1 with Coates sticking around as writer.

I hope this isn't true. I been hoping that the only reason why this current arc will likely take 2yrs to finish is because it's his last. Another relaunch with Coates still running point isn't a great idea but this is Marvel.

Cue the laughter.

Coates is trying to hit the legacy number(#200) before he leaves so that's at least another year on BP.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

Of course. Sales are so bad, they need a relaunch to punch his numbers up. Just like the last one.

My guess is that Coates will try to put the broken toys back in the toybox before he leaves and say that they are new again.

Earthbound stories? Well, he's bringing back Killmonger so I guess there will be another long arc where he explains how Killmonger is better than T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Of course. Sales are so bad, they need a relaunch to punch his numbers up. Just like the last one.
    It might get a slight sales bump but people are just tired of Coates BP. He can put shiny new paint on it but it's still a junk car(which he has already crashed multiple times).

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It might get a slight sales bump but people are just tired of Coates BP. He can put shiny new paint on it but it's still a junk car(which he has already crashed multiple times).
    History has shown that the bump of a relaunch always leads to lower sales than beforehand. Faster drop, too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    To be fair he is a New writer.

I guess Marvel thought with a New Writer things could be a bit interesting. But damn I didn’t know his sales where THAT bad.
    I still have hope for him. I’m still waiting for more information on Goddess Storm. Just saying. Lol