Page 669 of 744 FirstFirst ... 169569619659665666667668669670671672673679719 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,035 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    To be fair he is a New writer.

I guess Marvel thought with a New Writer things could be a bit interesting. But damn I didn’t know his sales where THAT bad.
    I still have hope for him. I’m still waiting for more information on Goddess Storm. Just saying. Lol
    Hey friend!

He was new when he started but 3 years in? He's been on the book long enough to learn from his mistakes. That hasn't happened or he doesn't think he's making any mistakes which is worse.

My hope is that he just leaves the book and if he want's to do a Storm book, pitch it to Marvel or Hickman.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 11-28-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Personally, I'm waiting for the 2022 relaunch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Hey friend!

He was new when he started but 3 years in? He's been on the book long enough to learn from his mistakes. That hasn't happened or he doesn't think he's making any mistakes which is worse.

My hope is that he just leaves the book and if he want's to do a Storm book, pitch it to Marvel or Hickman.
    Hey, Buddy.

I was just saying in the Storm thread it seems like nobody is really talking about yesterday issue, but 2 people. Then I come here and I see that Coates isn’t doing well in sales and he’s getting a relaunch? Hmm if that doesn’t scream One more Chance.

Like I said in the Storm thread I hope Coates gets his stuff together and more Storm info before he gets the Boot. And I know he’s been in the book for 3years, but he is all intents and purpose New. He should pitch a Storm book and that’s hoping Marvel or Hickman will listen.

IMO, BP is more interesting in Agents of Wakanda and Avengers than he is in his own book. And that’s saying something. The fact that majority of you don’t like it is also saying something.....
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 11-28-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Personally, I'm waiting for the 2022 relaunch.
    Well, time to dig out the Priest, Hudlin and Liss runs so that I can have something good to read until then.

Hey, Buddy.

I was just saying in the Storm thread it seems like nobody is really talking about yesterday issue, but 2 people. Then I come here and I see that Coates isn’t doing well in sales and he’s getting a relaunch? Hmm if that doesn’t scream One more Chance.

Like I said in the Storm thread I hope Coates gets his stuff together and more Storm info before he gets the Boot. And I know he’s been in the book for 3years, but he is all intents and purpose New. He should pitch a Storm book and that’s hoping Marvel or Hickman will listen.

IMO, BP is more interesting in Agents of Wakanda and Avengers than he is in his own book. And that’s saying something. The fact that majority of you don’t like it is also saying something.....
    Coates is going to be on BP long enough to get to #200(legacy number). Whoever takes over doesn't need to look back on this run at all.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Bleeding Cool is reporting that the series will get a relaunch once the current arc is up with a new #1 with Coates sticking around as writer.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...black-panther/

I hope this isn't true. I been hoping that the only reason why this current arc will likely take 2yrs to finish is because it's his last. Another relaunch with Coates still running point isn't a great idea but this is Marvel.

Well...the silver lining is I'll have more money to spend elsewhere.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Coates is going to be on BP long enough to get to #200(legacy number). Whoever takes over doesn't need to look back on this run at all.
    LOL that’s good news for BP fans, but not so much Storm fans. What happens if the next writer for BP decides that she does not belong in the Wakandan Pantheon?? Lol

I mean technically he has the right to strip that from her......

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Well...the silver lining is I'll have more money to spend elsewhere.
    Coates has his ups and downs.

At this rate it seems like it’s going to be his downs for awhile.

It won't work.

Only way it works, even temporarily (aka more than 4 issues) is if:

a. they announce it ties directly into something else huge. Like say, Hickman's X-men stuff. The only gimmick marvel hasn't used with the Black Panther under Coates is tying it into something. So, tease the Wakanda vs X-men and that might work

b. find an artist bigger than Acuna. Good luck

c. A gigantic static quo change. "Death of T'challa" type of stuff. "Who is the new Black Panther" type of shit. The darkest timeline.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It won't work.

a. they announce it ties directly into something else huge. Like say, Hickman's X-men stuff. The only gimmick marvel hasn't used with the Black Panther under Coates is tying it into something. So, tease the Wakanda vs X-men and that might work

c. A gigantic static quo change. "Death of T'challa" type of stuff. "Who is the new Black Panther" type of shit. The darkest timeline.
    Or:

D. Wakanda goes to war with everyone else. The Galactic Empire of Wakanda vs The World Nations including Atlantis and Krakoa.

LOL that’s good news for BP fans, but not so much Storm fans. What happens if the next writer for BP decides that she does not belong in the Wakandan Pantheon?? Lol

DOn't you know? Coates is so extra-special that the next writer will HAVE to continue his ideas! Just like every other BP wri-

Oh yeah. Right.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It won't work.

It's gotta be a war with somebody(other than another civil war). I don't think they can do another "Who is Black Panther?" at this point. We've been asking that question since Coates took over.

World War Wakanda or something. But even then, he won't be able to believably pull it off.

He blew the space idea to hell.

Maybe they do some sort of isht where T'Challa is accused of murdering some important political figure and there's a huge outcry and then various gov't put a bounty on BP.

I can't think of anything he can do to save his isht.

I can't think of anything he can do to save his isht.

Leave the book?

Liss didn't ignore the Panther/Storm relationship so I don't the the next writer has to. I just want him or her to ignore everything else Coates has done.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Leave the book?
    I would give thanks if that happened and that would be the best X-Mas present we could get.