Page 677 of 744 FirstFirst ... 177577627667673674675676677678679680681687727 ... LastLast
Results 10,141 to 10,155 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, I'm sure they are the same group of folks that would insist up and down that Harriet movie was dead on accurate, true life untarnished story of Harriet Tubman! My only prayer is that Coogler second BP movie comes out and makes Marvel comic editors and Coates so shameful that they have no choice but to axe Coates and issue a full apology! The f-ery is legendary with our boy fam!
    ... What did they do to Harriet?

As for MCU. Honestly, Coates had been destroying BP two years before Coogler came out with BP, he said he took some inspiration from Coates run as well as the others but really it was only aesthetics, and the force push.

I doubt Coogler is going to say "wow Coates destruction of BP and Wakanda is what I want on the big screen. Honestly? Coogler is smarter then that. Coates changed his direction after Cooglers BP. It wasn't the other way around. I see that continuing.

Dude was inspired by Priest, McGregor and Hudlin, we see it all over the movie, he's going to keep trending up, not destroy inspiration he gave to boys and girls, men and women all over the world. He ain't going to throw that away for fake woke folks or the literary crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    You know the funny thing? Storms talks all that isht about him being privileged for why he didn't see it and Coates made up bullisht (not even makes up, when asked why he didn't see it, he says essentially I have no answer, which sums up everything about Coates garbage, no answers for bullisht other then the agenda™) and the truth is Hudlin has T'Challa liberate an entire planet, why? Because he's not an idiot yet Coates version is like this newly crowned, doesn't know how the real world works immature who cannot beat goonslam Gary with ease
    Coates keeps that foot on T'Challa's neck at all times don't he?

Dude is from a warrior tribe from a warrior nation. Mother died. Father died. Had to go through all kinds of trials just to become king. Has fought to protect his country ,the planet and the universe. Dude is constantly on guard to protect his nation. What privilege? Is he sitting around eating caviar and sipping cognac?

This "woke" dude(apparently an Unfan) is making some frakked up isht.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, I'm sure they are the same group of folks that would insist up and down that Harriet movie was dead on accurate, true life untarnished story of Harriet Tubman! My only prayer is that Coogler second BP movie comes out and makes Marvel comic editors and Coates so shameful that they have no choice but to axe Coates and issue a full apology! The f-ery is legendary with our boy fam!
    If Marvel comfortably sat back and allowed Coates to write the derogatory material he's written so far in the wake of the first BP movies overwhelming global success and box office domination, what makes you think "shame" is something that factors into any equation on their part?

Do you honestly think Coates feels he has anything to "apologise" for?

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Also how did T'Challa meet Storm in the first place? What was T'Challa doing at the time? Is the BP walkabout still part of the mythos?

The reason for the questions is that the 'T'Challa knows only a life of luxury and nothing about the underbelly of societies' is a false narrative.

BANNED

... What did they do to Harriet?

As for MCU. Honestly, Coates had been destroying BP two years before Coogler came out with BP, he said he took some inspiration from Coates run as well as the others but really it was only aesthetics, and the force push.

I doubt Coogler is going to say "wow Coates destruction of BP and Wakanda is what I want on the big screen. Honestly? Coogler is smarter then that. Coates changed his direction after Cooglers BP. It wasn't the other way around. I see that continuing.

Dude was inspired by Priest, McGregor and Hudlin, we see it all over the movie, he's going to keep trending up, not destroy inspiration he gave to boys and girls, men and women all over the world. He ain't going to throw that away for fake woke folks or the literary crowd
    Coates Kimoyo Beads and Farce Push were he needed to get pummeled like a pinata to power up, made it just fine into Coogler's first BP movie.

Prepare for No, One Man coming to a big screen near you in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    This fake "woke" thing is having a negative impact on a lot of things.

I can't even imagine a movie like Lord Of The Rings being made nowadays without some lame agenda being forced through it.

A thing I've noticed with a lot of "woke" media is that most of it just coasts on the fact that it's woke and that a lot of people will engage with it because it's woke. A lot of it is filled to the brim with ham-fisted commentary and lazy writing, the writing is never there, and when the thing tanks, people cry foul.

The most egregious example I can think of was the America Chavez book. It was very woke, but the writing was very bad, America peppered a lot of her speech with Spanish, and apparently Gabby Rivera doesn't speak Spanish. The art didn't help either, at some point, Marvel handed out the first issue for free on Comixology, It was really really bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Coates keeps that foot on T'Challa's neck at all times don't he?

Dude is from a warrior tribe from a warrior nation. Mother died. Father died. Had to go through all kinds of trials just to become king. Has fought to protect his country ,the planet and the universe. Dude is constantly on guard to protect his nation. What privilege? Is he sitting around eating caviar and sipping cognac?

This "woke" dude(apparently an Unfan) is making some frakked up isht.

Coates is no friend to the BP mythos.

That's something that every actual BP enthusiast posting herein or anywhere else online, needs to acknowledge from this point onwards.

Any writer worth their literary salt, would have done due diligence as a professional, and done research into the character they were commissioned to write,.

Coates came onboard with a total lack of knowledge or understanding of the character he was going to be writing or the world within that characters entire mythos sprang from.

With that level of ignorance, is it any wonder that Coates went on to fall back upon a seeming fetish for the transplantation of stereotypical Third World African violence into a society that through deliberate isolation, was never blighted by the slave trade or any of the other external issues that led to the rest of Africa being plundered, pillaged and rendered fundamentally fractured.

For those of you still purchasing this book, don't you think it's time to just.....stop?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    A thing I've noticed with a lot of "woke" media is that most of it just coasts on the fact that it's woke and that a lot of people will engage with it because it's woke. A lot of it is filled to the brim with ham-fisted commentary and lazy writing, the writing is never there, and when the thing tanks, people cry foul.

The most egregious example I can think of was the America Chavez book. It was very woke, but the writing was very bad, America peppered a lot of her speech with Spanish, and apparently Gabby Rivera doesn't speak Spanish. The art didn't help either, at some point, Marvel handed out the first issue for free on Comixology, It was really really bad.
    And ultimately, the only character that ended up suffering was America Chavez.

But consequently as long as her book came out to much fanfare , Marvel conveniently got props for faux diversity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    Also how did T'Challa meet Storm in the first place? What was T'Challa doing at the time? Is the BP walkabout still part of the mythos?

The reason for the questions is that the 'T'Challa knows only a life of luxury and nothing about the underbelly of societies' is a false narrative.
    It's obvious at this point, that Marvel don't give a frak about established continuity or characterisation anymore.

But then, in an era when so many are more focused on the quick thrill as opposed to more meaningful fare, is it any wonder that things have fallen to such a dire state ?

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post

Everything about Coates take is built on false and co contrived narratives. Dude did NOT have an easy life. He saw the truth of the world st ab Early age. It's why he is the way he is.

Again Coates summed it up perfectly in this issue his entire bullisht. When Storm asked how he didn't see it because henis the most brilliant man and strategic mind she knows and his answer? I can't give you a reason why. That sums it up. Coates can't even begin to explain how her version came to be abd there isn't an explanation because none of it fits continuity or what we know about T'Challa and the mythos.

Abd as you said before he called out the inhumans, he has no issues calling out stuff Wakanda has done in Previous runs. But all of a sudden he can't see enslavement? All of a sudden his has an obsession of finding vibranium and is vain? This ain't Namor This is frakking Black Panther.

Coates Kimoyo Beads and Farce Push were he needed to get pummeled like a pinata to power up, made it just fine into Coogler's first BP movie.

Prepare for No, One Man coming to a big screen near you in 2022.
    my esteemed brother, we have to remember, those aren't even Coates ideas, those are stelfreeze's ideas and design's that, just like Evan Narcisse, Coates has stolen credit for.

Nothing of Coates T'Challa, or Wakanda or characteristics or either have made it into the big screen nor will Coogler ever do that

BANNED

Everything about Coates take is built on false and co contrived narratives. Dude did NOT have an easy life. He saw the truth of the world st ab Early age. It's why he is the way he is.

Again Coates summed it up perfectly in this issue his entire bullisht. When Storm asked how he didn't see it because henis the most brilliant man and strategic mind she knows and his answer? I can't give you a reason why. That sums it up. Coates can't even begin to explain how her version came to be abd there isn't an explanation because none of it fits continuity or what we know about T'Challa and the mythos.

Abd as you said before he called out the inhumans, he has no issues calling out stuff Wakanda has done in Previous runs. But all of a sudden he can't see enslavement? All of a sudden his has an obsession of finding vibranium and is vain? This ain't Namor This is frakking Black Panther.

my esteemed brother, we have to remember, those aren't even Coates ideas, those are stelfreeze's ideas and design's that, just like Evan Narcisse, Coates has stolen credit for.

Nothing of Coates T'Challa, or Wakanda or characteristics or either have made it into the big screen nor will Coogler ever do that
    I stand humbled and corrected my equally esteemed and appreciated brother.

None of his major themes have a real explanation. Why are WKs protesting, no one man, but during all the events that supposedly led to the present, Tchalla wasnt in charge and Shuri had councilors.

Why did the originators attack humans after they welcomed them? "Because humans being humans".

Hes a terrible plot writer so he doesn't bother to try to explain anything. He just assumes readers will go along with whatever.

If Marvel comfortably sat back and allowed Coates to write the derogatory material he's written so far in the wake of the first BP movies overwhelming global success and box office domination, what makes you think "shame" is something that factors into any equation on their part?

Do you honestly think Coates feels he has anything to "apologise" for?
    Yeah, it burns me up, but you speak that truth bro! At this point I wonder the effectiveness of a media campaign to bring attention to just how silly all this is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    None of his major themes have a real explanation. Why are WKs protesting, no one man, but during all the events that supposedly led to the present, Tchalla wasnt in charge and Shuri had councilors.

Why did the originators attack humans after they welcomed them? "Because humans being humans".

Hes a terrible plot writer so he doesn't bother to try to explain anything. He just assumes readers will go along with whatever.
    And is an assumption that's paid of for Coates and Marvel in the long run based on the fact that people still went out and book the book in sufficient numbers at its launch and continued to do so well beyond the point when Coates agenda became glaring enough for even the most trusting or myopic reader to see.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post

The part in bold shows that Coates was just trying to push some faux anti-T'Challa king narrative. Shuri was queen when all the bad stuff Coates keeps mentioning happened.

It sad that this forum has become a place to complain about the latest Black Panther comic.