Page 714 of 744 FirstFirst ... 214614664704710711712713714715716717718724 ... LastLast
Results 10,696 to 10,710 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    My brother I apologize for interrupting, but did you say that Okoye soloed a main villain that had been built up for like a year as a menace to T'challa?
    The symbiote was still wearing Changemire. Killmonger hadn't been resurrected yet. We've never seen the symbiote fight, so we dont know how much of a h2h threat he is. Just uses tentacles to toss people so far.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    My brother I apologize for interrupting, but did you say that Okoye soloed a main villain that had been built up for like a year as a menace to T'challa?
    Yeah. The whole fight is short and kane as hell but there are two noticeable things. When they confront N'Jadaka and co, Okoye is standing front and center with T'Challa off to the side, looking as though shebis the leader and headliner of the book, and ueah Okoye takes down N'Jadaka in a underwhelming and easy fight for her. Quite dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He's not MCU Killmonger though. They just used some of the physical likeness. MU Killmonger was exiled and went to MIT. Never joined a military. If anything, he doesnt learn most if his skills until after he returned to Wakanda and lived in his home village. So I'm good with him losing because he hasn't trained under the best in the world yet.
    Hill has hin trained to be an assassin by klaw. So it's bot as if he is just sone guy that went to mit. He had skne training. And who is is trained by that that gives hin the edge to face T'Challa? I do recall him being trained by anyone

So basically...

King T'challa is back deep to receive the punt... The kick is blocked by Okoye who picks up the ball and runs it in for the go ahead score!

As opposed to this...

Get Hectic!

Red Jack is the only writer I want to do a black panther solo at the moment

Astonishing Member

The majority of villains arent capable villains until after they get their powers. Green Goblin, Sandman, Doc Ock,... not a threat until after they get their powers. Without them Spider-Man would run over them.

The story I believe you guys want should take place between Panthers Rage and his return in Priest. Even in Rise, Killmoger was way out of his league fighting Tchalla.
    But these are martial artists we’re talking about, not supers who rely on powers and a bunch of tech. Killmonger without his powers as a twenty something year old man shouldn’t be completely steamrolled by someone who’s only slightly more enhanced than him. Especially when he had multiple tactical options available to him in the form of his team, who actually had powers themselves. T’Challa wouldn’t have performed that poorly under the same circumstances, so I don’t see why Killmonger would unless the writer went out of their way to underwrite him.

The Killmonger I wanted to see was the one who would grow into the one we saw in his very first appearance in Jungle Action. An up and coming international mercenary building his Death Regiments, not the blindly angry gunslinger struggling on the streets of New York. The latter could’ve easily been referenced through flashbacks and throwaway lines so that the mini could’ve focused on the former. Not doing so was a missed opportunity to depict him in the best possible light in the wake of the movie, the success of which is the reason why the mini was made in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    But these are martial artists we’re talking about, not supers who rely on powers and a bunch of tech. Killmonger without his powers as a twenty something year old man shouldn’t be completely steamrolled by someone who’s only slightly more enhanced than him. Especially when he had multiple tactical options available to him in the form of his team, who actually had powers themselves. T’Challa wouldn’t have performed that poorly under the same circumstances, so I don’t see why Killmonger would unless the writer went out of their way to underwrite him.

The Killmonger I wanted to see was the one who would grow into the one we saw in his very first appearance in Jungle Action. An up and coming international mercenary building his Death Regiments, not the blindly angry gunslinger struggling on the streets of New York. The latter could’ve easily been referenced through flashbacks and throwaway lines so that the mini could’ve focused on the former. Not doing so was a missed opportunity to depict him in the best possible light in the wake of the movie, the success of which is the reason why the mini was made in the first place.
    Since NuKillmonger is an entirely different person than Pre-Monger or MCU-Monger, we don't know what kind of abilities he has.

And we still may not know now that he's bonded with the symbiote.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Hill has hin trained to be an assassin by klaw. So it's bot as if he is just sone guy that went to mit. He had skne training. And who is is trained by that that gives hin the edge to face T'Challa? I do recall him being trained by anyone
    To be fair Klaw gets taken out by Goldballs and Moongirl now. His training might not be all that impressive. lol.

Which is why I like Hudlins version more. He had to hide in the floor for days for one chance at a surprise attack. In the novel they expand it to say he paid the cleaning crew to put down a lot extra pine sol cleaner to mask his smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Since NuKillmonger is an entirely different person than Pre-Monger or MCU-Monger, we don't know what kind of abilities he has.

And we still may not know now that he's bonded with the symbiote.
    When it bonds with normal Killmonger do you think the two N'Jadakas will fight for dominance or will normal Killmonger take over right away?

When it bonds with normal Killmonger do you think the two N'Jadakas will fight for dominance or will normal Killmonger take over right away?
    I think normal Killmongers' willpower will take over with a dose of MCU-Killmonger thrown in.

Coates' NuKillmonger won't have staying power like the original and BP really doesn't need a Venom. Or a Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think normal Killmongers' willpower will take over with a dose of MCU-Killmonger thrown in.

Coates' NuKillmonger won't have staying power like the original and BP really doesn't need a Venom. Or a Carnage.
    It be funny if they revive him and he kills the symbiote because he doesn't think he needs it. It would just be like why did we waste almost two years. lol

Technically we're already at that point when he killed off N'Jadaka without Tchalla or he ever speaking again, but this would further confirm it.

BANNED

Al Ewing and Saladin would be my first choices to write a Black Panther solo book for the simple fact that in Ewing's case, he respects continuity and established characterization.

In Saladin's case, dude's writing on Miles Morales: Spiderman is simply put, a true joy to read. He writes the main character superbly and makes the supporting cast relevant to the overarching storyline without having to dumb down Miles as a character or, throw him under the proverbial bus on a perpetual whim.

To be fair Klaw gets taken out by Goldballs and Moongirl now. His training might not be all that impressive. lol.

Which is why I like Hudlins version more. He had to hide in the floor for days for one chance at a surprise attack. In the novel they expand it to say he paid the cleaning crew to put down a lot extra pine sol cleaner to mask his smell.
    yes but that's not a BP writer doing that as we know in Character he is more dangerous then those two can handle. Especially in the manner they beat him.

But either way, killmonger is more dangerous and what we got was.. disappointing. May as well been a nee Character

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    yes but that's not a BP writer doing that as we know in Character he is more dangerous then those two can handle. Especially in the manner they beat him.

But either way, killmonger is more dangerous and what we got was.. disappointing. May as well been a nee Character
    I said in another post, he was no competition for Tchalla in Rise of BP, so why would he be years before he got to that point. The Killmonger in Rise must have been disappointing too.

It be funny if they revive him and he kills the symbiote because he doesn't think he needs it. It would just be like why did we waste almost two years. lol

Technically we're already at that point when he killed off N'Jadaka without Tchalla or he ever speaking again, but this would further confirm it.
    I think the symbiote will get killed in the end either by T'Challa or Killmonger.

I don't see Marvel giving Black Panther a symbiote-themed villain for good. It would be too much like some kid's Spider-Man.