Page 732 of 744 FirstFirst ... 232632682722728729730731732733734735736742 ... LastLast
Results 10,966 to 10,980 of 11160
    Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

I agree with the people on this forum that ares saying it is impossible for their to have been rape camps in Wakanda and T'Challa not known and did something to stop it. The country and population of Wakanda is too small plus they are the most technologically advanced nation. As a minimum, they could have done the same thing that T'Challa did in Rise of the Black Panther to locate and find the tree houses.

On another note, with the current story line in Captain Marvel were Carol is taking out the Avengers one by one, how do people in this board feel about Carol taking on a probably beating T'Challa? (Why couldn't Coates think of a story like that of T'Challa taking on the avengers )

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    I agree with the people on this forum that ares saying it is impossible for their to have been rape camps in Wakanda and T'Challa not known and did something to stop it. The country and population of Wakanda is too small plus they are the most technologically advanced nation. As a minimum, they could have done the same thing that T'Challa did in Rise of the Black Panther to locate and find the tree houses.

On another note, with the current story line in Captain Marvel were Carol is taking out the Avengers one by one, how do people in this board feel about Carol taking on a probably beating T'Challa? (Why couldn't Coates think of a story like that of T'Challa taking on the avengers )
    I won't know how I feel until I see it, but the story is hot.

We got you, dog.

we got you, dog.

we got you, dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    it made sense when. Shuri was added because Hudlin did an origin story abd she is Ramondas daughter. Now if N'Yami was supposed to be her mother that wouldn't work because N'Yami died giving birth to T'Challa.
    .and no you can't say, Wakanda, who has been the antithesis to to colonization are colonizers themselves, or that there is human trafficking because the US has it and it's something that has happened in other World powers. Wakanda is exceptional and has been able to advance further then the rest the world by atleast half a century in current MU time. So then to turn around and say well in real life, or realistically, all the crimes that happen in the US don't get to the presidents desk. Well T'Challa IS the title Character and a superhero in a FICTIONAL book. So the rules of reality don't apply.

Again you can't shackle realism and fiction whenever it's convenient to push an agenda or plot your story. If Wakanda on the last has kept tabs on the rest of the world and spied on nations to such a decree that T'Challa knows the secrets of heroes or too secret things going in the US. It's only logical to assume he is going to Know what's going on in his own nation which is significantly smaller then the US.

I mean on SWaD when people were dying we saw T'Challas inner monologue of his sensing their death's and knowing about their lives... Yet we are supposed to believe that a full-blown operation of rape camps in very obvious facilities went unnoticed? Where a large amount of of women were disappearing? Without any sort of context or build up to it?

The story just starts out that way and we don't get explanation through the book but a frakking tweet about what's going on.. but this is supposed to make sense because in the real world trafficking does occur.. so we are supposed to accept it without baby context just because.. nah
    Sure you can say the people original people who first colonized Wakanda could in theory be colonizers... it's not the same people. There are plenty of people in the US today who are descendents of slave owners even though they themselves would be against it ... the fact that their ancestors did something doesn't necessarily mean their descentends decades later will act the same way. They may ... or they may not. We're talking about different people centuries apart.

And yes this is fiction... but both in real life and in fiction, not every single crime that occurs in Wakanda is necessarily going to end up on T'Challa's desk. In real lift it probably wouldn't and in fiction it apparently didn't either. It's a case of real lift and fiction being on the same page. Not saying of course they couldn't have in theory had T'Challa deal with these matters personally... but that's not the same thing as saying its completely implausible that it wouldn't. When you get right down to it, a guy that's running a whole country and spends literally half his time playing super hero on the other side of the planet is NOT going to micromanage every issues that pops up in an entire nation. It shouldn't be really that suprising.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    When you get right down to it, a guy that's running a whole country and spends literally half his time playing super hero on the other side of the planet is NOT going to micromanage every issues that pops up in an entire nation. It shouldn't be really that suprising.
    But having rapists as villains makes him look good by comparison. Gotcha.

Carol is a powerful enough character that she can believable take out any of the Avengers. It's not a given she can win of course... but it wouldn't be implausible.

Though situations like this also have potential for jobbing. It's a matter of execution.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    But having rapists as villains makes him look good by comparison. Gotcha.
    Well, like I said earlier if you feel he doesn't look better than rapists by comparrison we can always agree to disagree.

There were organized rape camps in big f'n treehouses. And crime was apparently SO rampant, that the security forces were stretched beyond their ability to handle it.

It's not their own story . The title of the book is, and has been Black Panther, not Midnight Angels.

It's been 4 bloody years. When in the name of Bast and all her kittens will T'Challa be the hero in his own story?

Not "looking good in comparison to the villains." Not "Coming up with a plan to give his ex-wife a powerup so she can save the day and get better PR."

The hero. The one who actually saves the day.

WHEN?
    The MA had their own story, the same way Killmonger had his own story in the Black Panther movie or Kingpin had his own story in the Daredevil show. You don't necessarily need to be a title character in order to have relatable motives and a sympathetic story arc.

They were antagonists... but the end game was not for them to be flat out villains. That's the balancing act that needed to be achieved. They didn't need to be right... but they werent monsters either. Whether or not Coates achieved that balance as well as he could have is obviously up to the reader, but the point being they had a story arc of their own too.

Well, like I said earlier if you feel he doesn't look better than rapists by comparrison we can always agree to disagree.
    Oh sure... compared to rapists, he looks positively heroic. But then again, so would I. He's a superhero in his own title. If the sole standard of comparison is "He's better than a rapist", then he's not much of a bloody hero.

The MA had their own story, the same way Killmonger had his own story in the Black Panther movie or Kingpin had his own story in the Daredevil show. You don't necessarily need to be a title character in order to have relatable motives and a sympathetic story arc.

They were antagonists... but the end game was not for them to be flat out villains. That's the balancing act that needed to be achieved. They didn't need to be right... but they werent monsters either. Whether or not Coates achieved that balance as well as he could have is obviously up to the reader, but the point being they had a story arc of their own too.
    Again I ask: When will T'Challa be the hero in his own book?

Oh sure... compared to rapists, he looks positively heroic. But then again, so would I. He's a superhero in his own title. If the sole standard of comparison is "He's better than a rapist", then he's not much of a bloody hero.

Again I ask: When will T'Challa be the hero in his own book?
    If the only thing he did was not be a rapist, I would agree that falls short of what is expected in a super. Though I'd argue he did more than that.

I do think it's fair to say a lot of Wakandas big wins are collaborative efforts (and I'd say the same about the movie) . I don't think that means hes any less of a sure, but I can understand people wanting him to do more.

If the only thing he did was not be a rapist, I would agree that falls short of what is expected in a super. Though I'd argue he did more than that.

I do think it's fair to say a lot of Wakandas big wins are collaborative efforts (and I'd say the same about the movie) . I don't think that means hes any less of a sure, but I can understand people wanting him to do more.
    That's all I ask. That you understand why people aren't satisfied. You certainly don't have to agree.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    we got you, dog.

Yes, I saw all of these episodes. It was good to see T'Challa on display like this, but I wish it was that way in the comics.

I think all of us in this board know that T'Challa could beat the Avengers with prep.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Wakanda is not a 3rd World nation.

those only exist because of European colonialism, racism and economic terrorism and subjugation.

Wakanda is literally the opposite of all those things.

Compared to Wakanda the entire rest of the world is a 3rd World nation.
    Not Coates' Wakanda. Straight up Third World with Boko Harem in the mix.

Need advice to quell a rebellion? Call a dictator. 1-888-We Crush.