Page 740 of 744 FirstFirst ... 240640690730736737738739740741742743744 LastLast
Results 11,086 to 11,100 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    T'challa's greatest accomplishment in this 5 year run, is that int he very last page of the run, the dude will finally stop looking at the ground like a beaten dog
    As far as we know from the preview that is, but k e thing os certain, just because Coates shows us a snippet of T'Challa maybe looking cool, doesn't mean isht because literally the following pages will be the most cringey bullishty shade throwing we have ever seen.

And I'm also so sick of this cheese ass dialogue. Reading it is like they're talking in a day's of our lives exaggerated overdramatic manner that doesn't come off as organic.

I'm more annoyed by the continued implication that Coates' pet afterlife is so critical to Wakanda.

Remembering tradition? Great
    Learning from the past? Awesome.
    "We are Wakanda, for we are Memory"? Not so much.

I mean, let's be blunt. Exactly how helpful have the "old lessons" of the Djalia actually BEEN? It seems to me that the past Panthers, for the most part, have been about as helpful as Martin Scorcese's film critiques. Just a bunch of old farts saying they know better.

Just like his MA, his Orishas ™ and Eden. They are all meant to hamstring T'Challa and Wakanda, making them over reliant on these useless unexplained additions that serve no purpose other then to take away what makes the franchise special.

And yes like you said the "we are Wakanda for we are memory?? The whole deal with T'Challa is that he is different. He is the greatest Black panther to ever live because he moves away from Wakandas past, by opening Wakanda to the rest of the world.

Everything about Coates run is just fluffy one and dones. And how is the Djalia connected to the necropolis? Because in S2 they were two separate things but now they are one and the same?? This what bothers me most about Coates take, he contradicts himself and ignores his own continuity on a dime whenever it suits him abd people just go with it and act like Thisnis brilliant storytelling

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    The entirety of the Coates run, in one sentence.
    The next writer will have a lot to clean up after this 5 years of futility is over. They will have to get someone as far away from Coates as possible.

5 more years of depressing stories would be another death blow for BP. I don't think he could survive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The next writer will have a lot to clean up after this 5 years of futility is over. They will have to get someone as far away from Coates as possible.

5 more years of depressing stories would be another death blow for BP. I don't think he could survive it.
    Any character can be fixed if a writer cares enough.

Don't forget, the last story before Priest's run was the "crack in Wakanda" story. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Just like his MA, his Orishas ™ and Eden. They are all meant to hamstring T'Challa and Wakanda, making them over reliant on these useless unexplained additions that serve no purpose other then to take away what makes the franchise special.

And yes like you said the "we are Wakanda for we are memory?? The whole deal with T'Challa is that he is different. He is the greatest Black panther to ever live because he moves away from Wakandas past, by opening Wakanda to the rest of the world.

Everything about Coates run is just fluffy one and dones. And how is the Djalia connected to the necropolis? Because in S2 they were two separate things but now they are one and the same?? This what bothers me most about Coates take, he contradicts himself and ignores his own continuity on a dime whenever it suits him abd people just go with it and act like Thisnis brilliant storytelling
    Bruh, I'm telling you most of this falls on the Marvel heads and editors. They continue to just sit back and let Coates throw poo at the wall to see what sticks. Its like they are sitting around saying to themselves..."Well he's a black guy, so he must know Black Panther better than we do" I think there is a just don't look at it mentality where the solo book is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Bruh, I'm telling you most of this falls on the Marvel heads and editors. They continue to just sit back and let Coates throw poo at the wall to see what sticks. Its like they are sitting around saying to themselves..."Well he's a black guy, so he must know Black Panther better than we do" I think there is a just don't look at it mentality where the solo book is concerned.
    Part of me wonders if they are just embarrassed. They put all of their chips on this famous and controversial African-American essayist, hoping to get some literary and socio-political capital, only to discover he's a bit of a crap writer when it comes to fiction. Now they are stuck, because if they fire him off the book or cancel it, they'd have to admit they made a mistake.

So, instead, they double down, and the sales plummet.

Either that or Coates has some SERIOUS blackmail material on someone…

Any character can be fixed if a writer cares enough.

Don't forget, the last story before Priest's run was the "crack in Wakanda" story. :|
    It would depend on what the writer cares about. If someone comes in and cares about continuing Coates' dystopian mess, ugh.

Marvel turned down writers who actually cared about BP only to give it to someone who "cared" about making BP some kid's Spider-Man.

Sign No. 1 he didn't know what he was talking about or doing.

Here's to hoping we get someone better.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    They saw 'woke" next to Coates' name and said, "Hey, Black people must love this guy! 'Woke' is a word they use a lot!"

It would depend on what the writer cares about. If someone comes in and cares about continuing Coates' dystopian mess, ugh..
    I assumed "…about the character" was implied.

I assumed "…about the character" was implied.
    I know, I'm just disgusted with the situation right now.

I know, I'm just disgusted with the situation right now.
    I've gone through all the stages of grief over this run... I can't summon up ANY emotion over it now.

It would depend on what the writer cares about. If someone comes in and cares about continuing Coates' dystopian mess, ugh.

Marvel turned down writers who actually cared about BP only to give it to someone who "cared" about making BP some kid's Spider-Man.

Sign No. 1 he didn't know what he was talking about or doing.

Here's to hoping we get someone better.
    I think this the nost frustrating part of it. Knowing not only Redjacks pitch he sent to Marvel, but also what he did on BP quest (which received critical acclaim) is what gets me the most. Coates has no direction at all. Hell he said it in interviews and in paraphrasing here " I don't like Characters who have all the answers, that's not Interesting to me" Then why the frak would you choose to write a bp book?? Priest said in i. An interview about Deathstroke and mentioned T'Challas name in it too again paraphrasing, " the tough thing about this Character (and the same thing with T'Challa) is that your writing a story about a character who is smarter then you the writer"

So knowing that you have to come up with unique challenges. Coates just decided that T'Challa would be an idiot and lower his intelligence abd make him dumber then Coates in order to tell his simplistic stories.

Redjack had a clearer direction and goal in mind with respect to continuity and properly reorienting where T'Challa and Wakanda should be

I've gone through all the stages of grief over this run... I can't summon up ANY emotion over it now.
    One thing I've learned, I've never ceased to be amazed at the stupidity of people.

In this case, it's how many different ways someone can crap over a character.