Page 741 of 744 FirstFirst ... 241641691731737738739740741742743744 LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,115 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I think this the nost frustrating part of it. Knowing not only Redjacks pitch he sent to Marvel, but also what he did on BP quest (which received critical acclaim) is what gets me the most. Coates has no direction at all. Hell he said it in interviews and in paraphrasing here " I don't like Characters who have all the answers, that's not Interesting to me" Then why the frak would you choose to write a bp book?? Priest said in i. An interview about Deathstroke and mentioned T'Challas name in it too again paraphrasing, " the tough thing about this Character (and the same thing with T'Challa) is that your writing a story about a character who is smarter then you the writer"

So knowing that you have to come up with unique challenges. Coates just decided that T'Challa would be an idiot and lower his intelligence abd make him dumber then Coates in order to tell his simplistic stories.

Redjack had a clearer direction and goal in mind with respect to continuity and properly reorienting where T'Challa and Wakanda should be
    I'm telling you, Marvel saw Coates', associated his popularity with the "woke" crowd and thought that he would be the perfect fit:

Intellectual Black writer, doing a "thoughtful" title with it's most popular and successful Black character. How could it fail?

How could it fail so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm telling you, Marvel saw Coates', associated his popularity with the "woke" crowd and thought that he would be the perfect fit:

Intellectual Black writer, doing a "thoughtful" title with it's most popular and successful Black character. How could it fail?

Easy. They forgot to check for writing talent.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Easy. They forgot to check for writing talent.
    I guess he made Oprah's list and that was good enough for them.

I guess he made Oprah's list and that was good enough for them.
    $omething like that, yes

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Similar to the Middle Earth: Shadow of War

But, it is easier to stay out of "real places" doing this. Like, you don't want to travel to NYC because then you have to replicate NYC to perfection ala Spider-Man PS4.

But if you keep it purely fictional places or smaller areas, it isn't nearly as hard. The hard part then is designing more so than needing perfection.

Killmonger with help from Baron Macabre and other Death Cultis, successfully strengthen [insert bad god] powers over wakanda while weakening Bast. Like Anubis or something.

This dark power starts turning regular Wakandan's into people who need punched lol

The game goes along trying ot figure out who is behind it, we don't know its Killmonger until you get later in the game. So the end game boss would be killmonger but the real endgame boss would be Anubis while you are powered by Bast or some ****.

So you travel region to region tryign to keep Wakanda under control while at the same time finding the source. This region to region travel puts you at odds to the people in those regions, giving you naturally mini bosses. Like you travel to Azania and end up fighting Klaw or you travel to Jabari Lands and end up fighting M'baku (who later joins your side for synergy! and becomes playable lol). ect

You can also add an interesting mechanic to where when you are fighting good Wakandan's turned evil, you have to use non lethal tactics and moves (punches, non lethal daggers, sleep gas, holds, throws, ect). But when fighting actual bad guys (death cultists, azania's ect), you can use lethal tactics (claws and ****)

now im rambling lol
    There are plenty of good ideas in that rambling, though, so it's not a bad thing, by any means. And Anubis . . . the jackal-headed Egyptian god of the underworld? Cool.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

They really banked on the idea that people would blindly Support his stuff, despite having zero talent for fiction and storytelling, and continuity, or Character development, or pacing, or action.....

They really banked on the idea that people would blindly Support his stuff, despite having zero talent for fiction and storytelling, and continuity, or Character development, or pacing, or action.....
    Which means he has no experience writing comic books.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster. And what a disaster it is.

Which means he has no experience writing comic books.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster. And what a disaster it is.
    Brother Marvell2100... he had no experience writing FICTION. Just editorial columns, essays, and a memoir.

Characterization, dialogue, plot... his professional work required none of those. And I think we've plenty of evidence to show he hadn't much personal knowledge either.

If you're marvel and you see that his Black Panther book was nominated for a Hugo Award in 2017, and his WoW book with Gay actually won an Eisner in 2018, you have reason to believe SOME people at least believe he has talent in writing fiction. All that of course is subjective...

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If you're marvel and you see that his Black Panther book was nominated for a Hugo Award in 2017, and his WoW book with Gay actually won an Eisner in 2018, you have reason to believe SOME people at least believe he has talent in writing fiction. All that of course is subjective...
    Yes because they are named "celebrities" in the literary world. Dysfunction sells. But i guarantee thst if Coates sbd gays stories were written by a white writer, they would not be getting people bending ober backwards trying to convince people that this is a good book.

It also shows that those awards mean nothing if storytelling, writing, pacing, dialogue, action, continuity etc. Can all be ignored and sidelined for an agenda and still win those award's
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 12-29-2019 at 07:43 PM.

And Gay was not only a published author but an actual professor of English. I am more than happy to credit her with writing skills, even if I don't like the story she wrote in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    And Gay was not only a published author but an actual professor of English. I am more than happy to credit her with writing skills, even if I don't like the story she wrote in WoW.
    Thats surprising considering that the dialogue felt cheesy as hell. Like super basic and akin to a lifetime tv movie. Like, Coates writing was better that gays (and thats saying alot considering thst hos writing has also been very subpar)..

Interesting

Thats surprising considering that the dialogue felt cheesy as hell. Like super basic and akin to a lifetime tv movie. Like, Coates writing was better that gays (and thats saying alot considering thst hos writing has also been very subpar)..

Interesting
    They don't give out Eisners for "Best Dialogue" *shrug*. Frankly, I was surprised she won too...
    Last edited by DigiCom; 12-30-2019 at 04:52 AM.

Re: Black Panther game. I recall playing Prince of Persia as a kid (the Sands of Time trilogy) and enjoying it. Something like that could work for T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    There are plenty of good ideas in that rambling, though, so it's not a bad thing, by any means. And Anubis . . . the jackal-headed Egyptian god of the underworld? Cool.
    i mean, Anubis is an in canon Foe of Wakanda/Bast

Even has built in minions to use in the game if wanted! lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html